About
Contact
Donate
Register

Go to page
Click to go to bottom
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Hazama would turn his head to face Quintus with a quit dismissive expression on his face. He would wave his hand in a similarly dismissive fashion.] Hazama: “Insects can only go against other insects, and this guy was the bottom of the barrel. I was considering fusing him if something like this were to happen so after you probably kill him, I’ll revive him and do just that. Just don’t get too cocky or I’ll actually show you the best of the best.” [Rowan would recklessly jump right into the newly created hole. He would effortlessly pierce right through the creature eye, making the demon yell out in pain while trying to shake the man off of him, unable to do so once Punk's Crystal Dust lands on his head, leaving a frozen layer all over it before expanding towards the rest of the room. The flying figure would absolutely null the Ice attack, meanwhile the other riding a horse would recoil a bit, not by a weakness but by not being especially strong against it. Most unlucky for Rowan, Balam was still well enough to fight, even if his general shape didn't seem all that good, all things considered.] Hazama: "That’s funny. Guy has a death wish then. Dispose of him already." [As the dust settles, the figures are revealed. The pair of new demons that were inside the classroom are a winged humanoid creature of red skin, with two antennae-like appendages on his head, a long pointy nose and a pointed tail, it was the basic image of a mere caricature devil with a horn sticking out of his crotch; it was the demon of the Night race, Incubus. Next was a armored humanoid figure riding a black horse; his armor was colored red and was wearing a long yellow cape on his back, with a lance in hand and a pair of horns sticking out of his helmet, the eyes looking back at the group are fiercer than those of a wolf; it was the Fallen demon, Eligor. Both new members of the enemy part focus entirely on Rowan. Balam would unleash his Ziodyne on Rowan without hurting himself. Incubus would quickly follow up with Garudyne, forcing the man high up into the air, and finally, Eligor would prepare himself, he would raise up his lance and thrust upwards as Rowan falls with "Hell Fang" (Heavy Physical damage), piercing right through the side of his torso, barely avoiding any vitals almost on purpose. After this combo is done, Eligor would allow Rowan to bleed a few moments more before throwing him at a nearby wall in the classroom. The man should be very badly damaged but not in immediate mortal danger. That is, if the demons don't focus on him again.] Hazama: “Behold! The power of the Deity Emperor! He who commands demons has unlimited power! And this is just a mere taste, bow before me while you still can, vermin!”
"I wouldn't be so cocky as to challenge you directly now. However, I also feel maybe you shouldn't be taking credit for that other guy's recklessness. I was hoping he may be able to finish Balam off first before getting pummeled though." Quintus would begin walking back towards the hole but only close enough to watch Rowan and the demons. Of course, he'd still keep his guard up in case they decided to target him next. "Unfortunately, I can't afford to take up any more energy healing. Well, you got yourself into that mess so let's see if you can get yourself out."
Tot doesn't even attempt to avoid the blast, simply putting her arms up to shield her face, so she'd get hit pretty hard. "O.. Of course they meant well!" Tot answers somewhat shakily, the music beginning to sink its way into her consciousness. Still, she at least remembers what little she'd learned at school. How could someone forget something as terrifying as an atom bomb, especially in the face of actually seeing their results. "I'm an American too after all. I mean.. I wasn't there personally but I know what they wanted. We were trying to make something so terrifying it'd never have to be used. Its just.. Didn't work out." Tot grabs onto the pendant from within her jacket, remembering back to that Stephen weirdo. They wanted to keep watching right? It seemed kinda silly, but it'd be a shame to let them down already. David had something of a point, all that chaos and destruction had been the result of people making poor decisions after all. But that's just it. "I don't think any of them are evil, not the people who were scared of all these changes and decided to take what they can. Most certainly not the people who summoned and work with demons. One of them's my friend!" That would be the child, Penny. They'd said some pretty weird things, but overall they were still friendly and young. A good girl at heart even if that heart was a little lost. "I don't even think you're evil. You're just trying to help in your own weird way. Even your songs aren't really that bad, you've done a great job helping bring out the feeling society wants us to keep inside." At least that's how the girl saw it. Yes David was trying to kill them, but its because he saw everyone else's mistakes and thought to spare us of the pain. There's nothing wrong with that. "You're just wrong! Dore!" Much as before, Tot snaps her fingers, only once this time. She aims a more precise blast of almighty magic not at David, but at that instrument that was giving them all such weird feelings. "If you really want people to be free then you should give them a choice, using your music to help them understand and express their true desires. By forcing people to join you you're no better than any of those other guys. All you're doing is giving us a new set of chains."
The music threatens to put her in a daze once more. In a moment of clarity, she fires a few more times at David. The gunshots are enough to distract her from the haunting melody. Still... she doesn’t know how to handle this. She doesn’t know if she can even fully understand the different sides of humans. But Tot can. And David not being fully evil... “I may not be too knowledgeable about the humans of the old world, but I still have faith in them. And if you want to release us with your music, then I suppose Daisoujou and you aren’t that different. Intentions I understand, but I ultimately say... no thank you.” This time, with feeling, she attacks with the Tundra Seal once more, aiming for the head.
Takeno

Take steps closer to the hole, rubbing the back of her neck as she watches Rowan getting combo'ed into a bloody pulp, letting out a light sigh. "We've gotta bail him out of this, I'd be surprised if he can even stand upright after that..." She held her hand out, closing her eyes and focusing all her energy into one point until suddenly, sparks started forming in her palm, and after a few moments, she clenched her fist, a small electrically charged aura surrounding her hand. She aimed her fist at the Incubus before throwing a punch through the air, sending the little ball of electricity flying towards the winged demon, hoping to distract it if not cause some damage. "D-Damn! I was just spit-balling, hahah! It worked!" She quickly cleared her throat, trying not to distract herself from the fact that she probably just pissed off a demon really badly.
Penny

{As the girl looks at Takeno straying away from Hazama, Penny herself glances at him before leaving and going toward the hole. While Takeno seemed disappointed, Penny actually looked to be giggling a bit.} "That's kind of funny. Oh, but he's one of our friends isn't he? Don't worry, other other Mister!" {She waves over to him, then noticing the little burst of electricity that Takeno shot towards the Incubus. The girl looks over towards her, now pointing at the demons in the hole even though she paid them no attention of her own. Her bugbear almost seemed to be glaring at them as she held him in her arms.} "Woah, that's cool! Miss Lady, maybe both of us should go down there?" {After she inquired her partner, the area around the hole seemed to be condensed a bit before a raincloud formed towards what was left of the ceiling inside the classroom. It loomed over all of the demons, including Rowan. Soon enough, there started to be a sudden downpour inside the classroom, now making it rain around the atmosphere.} "...that seems familiar. And pretty fun. I forgot about rain, tee-hee!" {As the rain was pouring in the classroom, the demons were able to find themselves robbed of their normal speed capabilites. While their agility had been downgraded, Rowan was not impeded by the change in weather and could move freely in the rain.}
The Spell Punk would stare down the hole alarmed at Rowan’s state and groan after taking a good look. “I told you not to call it to soon! I hope you know you know I also can’t afford burning to much of my own magic as well.” It grumbled and tries to hone in on casting a spell more towards the individuals who attack Rowan, once lined up it would let lose a Makajamon Spell on them to try and bide some time but it was not gonna jump down the hole anytime soon to greet death.
Rowan

Being knocked against the wall, the soldier would struggle to stand up and cough blood into his fist. He would then quickly hold his gun up and take a step forward, assessing the situation and boldly taunting the demons in a hoarse voice evident of his sustained injuries. "C'mon, it's like you're not even trying! And to think, the idiot on the rooftop bragged about being a king of your kind. You're not even fit to be fools!" Rowan would aim in the vicinity of his enemies and unleash a barrage of bullets (Crossfire)
Raidou examines the hourglass, rubbing his chin. Gouto spoke, as he did so. "Guess we beat the others here, including Prima. She must've gotten wrapped up in her own ordeal, too." The summoner nods, and stretches his arms out idly. He didn't see any good coming from setting out all by himself, he was the one who suggested against it in the first place, after all. Though, that plan seemed to fall apart a bit. Raidou shrugged, glancing towards the mahjong tile he'd flicked onto the ground in front of his chosen path. Oh well... Raidou sighed, and decided to give the "New Millennium" book a read-through. This place seemed decently safe for the time being, so better to wait for anyone else to arrive before continuing the adventure.
(edited by Raidou Kuzunoha)
Ene

Ene mimics Tot in shielding her face with her arms, but the blast forces her back. Producing messy scratches all over any visible skin and open spots on her body. The blast hurts yet its the music that leaves Ene reeling. David's music reminds Ene of the potential cruelty of humans that she is all too familiar with. The violence. The selfishness. The madness. She slowly starts to picture the snake in the place of David and ice seeps into her veins. The words of her companions are what bring her back to the present. People can be terrible and not care about what they do to others ... Ene forcibly shakes her head to rid herself of lingering images. But the free will that lets them be mean also lets them be kind! If we allowed you to release us then we would be destroying our own ability to move forward! Electricity surges from within and with a passionate cry, Ene fires a charming bolt.
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[The very first thing Raidou sees upon opening the book, he sees a green circular logo on a black page: the outer circle reads within its green above "Community Self-Defence Special Force", and below "Devil Buster Control Organization". Within is a hexagram with the faint silhouette of a Pixie. A corner would also feature the number "2050". The following page, titled "199X - 1992" would start by describing a series of experiments related to a machine specifically referred to as "Terminals" with the ability to transform matter into data that would be then transported from one Terminal to another of the same network, in the hopes of connecting lands faraway from one another in a similar way the worldwide "DDS NET" was able to through data, connecting people in a way never before imagined. The project was led by a man called "Stephen", a brilliant scientist from an English speaking country, in part with the help of a young man named Akemi Nakajima, who in the last few years had designed a series of Handheld Computers, "COMPs", and so for the testing around the city, it was necessary to own a COMP to even have the authorization to access the machine. The project was a success, Stephen, with the help of Nakajima, was able to cross the boundary between artificial and natural.]
To Stephen, it didn't really make sense until sometime later, but Nakajima had been involved with a paranormal incident while he was still in High School. That event, although contained in time, would never leave him, making him increasingly more interested in figuring out how different really are living beings and computers, eventually coming to the conclusion that there was no difference; to him, the spiritual and the digital were no different.
[During one of the tests, a rift into the Abyss was opened. There is no telling if this was an accident or fate itself at play. In this encounter, the strange demon tried to talk to Stephen first, but he could not understand his language, to the which the creature attacked him, forever crippling him and forcing him into a wheelchair, at which point he was taken captive. During October of the year 1992, a man member of the Cult of Gaea, General of the Japanese Self-Defense Forces, Gotou, learned of a secret century long conspiracy staged by the high ranking officers of the Church of the Messiah, their most powerful "ally" being the United States of America. In light of this, he made a deal with the demons and began to slowly but surely summon them all around Tokyo with the usage of the already secret but widespread Terminals. By the night of October 30th, people had begun to disappear all around.]
I remember waking up in the morning and hearing about a girl from school being found dead at Inokashira Park, the entire place now crawling with cops. Rumors had it she was victim of a gruesome ritual. Not a single one of us could have possibly ever imagined the true gravity of the situation. .
[The next pages chronicle the slow descent into madness for the people of Tokyo. Demons would regularly eat people in secret and take their place before infiltrating the families and eating them too; the very first to fall were the police forces who initially investigated the first few murders, all of them were demons or horrible zombies; Gotou had pulled a coup d'etat in extreme opposition to the Americans invading Tokyo to help protect the city. In the course of less than a week, demons were in the streets wreaking havoc.]
Soon enough, a "Resistance" group would rise, focusing on rescuing civilians and, using guerrilla tactics, would actively sabotage the JSDF and American troops so they don't directly fight. They had even gained support from the Kuzunoha clan, who shared their knowledge of demons with the less experienced "Hunters".
[The chapter concludes. The next one is called “199X - Great Cataclysm”.]
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Hazama would laugh away at Quintus sudden display of absolute individualism and a lack of arrogance.] Hazama: "I can see why the Lilim didn't work on you now. At the very least you are a smart one, and that I can appreciate. This game we play would not be as fun with guys as reckless as him, some challenge is always nice, but there is nothing I cannot surpass." [The so called Deity Emperor would initially ignores the pair of girls, especially after the black-haired one seems surprise at her own ability to shoot lightning. But then, Penny's capacity to change the weather would seem to interest him, especially with the actual effect it has and how focused it is.] Hazama: "I had the demons share with me the secrets of their magic and more, but they never had anything like this. Am I missing something...? Can't be, could this girl be also a demon...? She doesn't exactly feel human..." [He would say this with no regards for any of them actually listening, noticing something off when it came to the girl. Regardless of any of this, Incubus, with the now ongoing rain, would be unable to act in time as Takeno's Zio hits; it would seem the water just adds to the effect in general, giving the damage a slight bonus, but nothing Incubus is too worried about. Then follows Punk’s attempt at helping his heavily injured companion with Makajamon; the recently injured Incubus would be forced into a bind, just like Balam who could barely move already, but fails to restrict Eligor, barely managing to avoid the effects of the spell. For a moment, it felt like behind that red helmet, the demon was smirking. Finally comes Rowan’s courageous, or perhaps reckless stand as he unloads his rifle against all enemies in front of him; the guns damage was too much for the bigger Balam, who’s bloodied body full of holes collapses onto the ground, his body becoming pure magnetite that returns to Hazama’s open palm. Eligor would not seem particularly affected by this attack, merely bending his armor in areas, while Incubus’ injuries are a bit more considerable, but not anything like Balam’s.] Hazama: “That is true, Hunter. They have not been trying because I deemed it so, but if you want my minions to show their true capacity, then I’ll use you to set an example for the others. Don’t ever forget, any of you…” [Hazama would crush the magnetite on his palm as it becomes a part of his own self. Incubus would be unable to make a single move, but Eligor was more than enough. The horse-riding demon would rush full speed at Rowan with his lance aimed at the man’s chest; the rain was making it difficult for him to remain on course, but against all odds, despite the clear disadvantage in pulling this off, Eligor successfully pierces right through Rowan’s chest, completely destroying his heart in the process with “Hell Fang”. The demon would twist the lance while still through the man’s body before forcing it out. ] Hazama: “A Demon Summoner is powerful! A Demon Summoner can only control that which is weaker than him! A Demon Summoner’s minions are his power! Then, the Deity Emperor is the greatest of summoners, and those who oppose me will suffer that hunter’s fate. All of you, vermin, who can barely cope with the bottom of the barrel, kneel before your God! Only then will I allow you to leave!” [Both demons in battle would laugh loudly, and so would voices all around them, watching them from above with eyes of all shapes and sizes. Hazama would lower his arms and open his palms, offering them to the group with a smirk of absolute confidence; the high school boy in white was emanating an incredibly powerful aura of dark grey.]
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Tot's Dore hits directly into the instrument, not making any noticeable damage other than making the bullet holes already planted there wider. Then follows Prima with her gun; it’s a headshot, and as soon as it hits, it’s clear it’s a critical hit, making David’s head crack, revealing his empty interior. Finally, Ene unleashes Charming Bolt against the Fiend, dealing an incredible amount of damage, equal to the total amount dealt previously; her body is covered in static for a moment, and unlucky for her, won’t be attacking next chance she gets, her body not used to Heavy attacks just yet. David visibly hurt now but nowhere near close to being defeated.] David: "The true desires of humans are simple, either to become absolutely free creatures that walk over others, or machines that give up their will in the name of a glorious new ideal. Humans always had a choice, and I merely offer an alternative that has the best of both finales. However, if you fail to exercise your freedom then I will choose for you. Dance eternally to my song; feel the freedom and joy it brings, and do not think or worry ever again. Become the source of my power." [Although his violin was damaged now, it could still play one final "Haunting Rhapsody", their attacks not being strong enough to fully damage the violin before the casting, considering the melody's weakening effect. The melody would be intense from the start with images of hatches opening, revealing the head of a missile being prepared to be launched; an ICBM. Cities everywhere are now in almost absolute ruins; the forests are on fire and human corpses in all states now almost seem like part of some sick sense of decoration. The world, engulfed in war, began to shoot missiles at one another, destroying each major city around the globe, and killing an immeasurable amount of people. Then, silence, the violin plays a somber tone as from the ashes of the people, more and more demons emerge. By the time the new millennium arrives, nothing at all remains, but a demon filled wasteland, all dancing with joy as they also kill one another.] David: "The women with blue hair, you two have an incredible affinity to Him. I can see it, and it's so strong I could even taste that wretched essence. More than anyone else, you two are slaves to something. Perhaps your home, no... your loved ones." [David would blast the trio with another Megido, which should hurt quite a bit considering their defenses were lowered to the max.] David: "It would be easier to give it up, to give all of them up. Only then can you attain happiness... that is, if you can even beat me. Perhaps they could even join you in our eternal dance."
Rowan

Rowan Rowan, Generic Hunter, Non-Persona User. He could count his accomplishments on one hand, and yet, in the span of a second his memories reverberated in his head as he breathed his last. Falling to a void of a dark unconsciousness, his body quickly falls to the ground and lay without motion. Waking up in an unknown space devoid of light and life, the former hunter is left no choice but to blindly walk forward til he stumbled into a small asian child in a gray robe carrying a scythe twice her size. ?: Hi there! My name's Numbah 3! I hope you're ready for your soul to be taken to the afterlife! R: Huh, and here I was expecting scrawny overworked white-haired man 3: Oh, I get that a lot. Now, let's hurry this along. I have to get home and play the newly released Rainbow Monkey Adventure 2: Battle. R: Oh, they made a new one? Maybe once a rom's available for it i'll- It was at this moment that Rowan was interrupted by Numbah 3 inhaling loudly as she raises both her hands in the air before making a slamming motion with them and harshly yelling at Rowan. 3:You wouldn't steal a car You wouldn't steal a handbag You wouldn't steal the trillions of resentful souls that have amassed within the river styx which when consumed would grant an individual immeasurable power comparable to the likes of YHVH Downloading pirated vidya gayme is STEALING, and stealing is AGAINST THE LAW! Numbah 3 then takes her scythe and cuts diagonally through Rowan's torso which begins to leak a red substance which Numbah 3 promptly gathers in the palm of her hands before smiling and skipping off into the distance with it. The once corporeal form which Rowan carried with him into the afterlife quickly dissipated, allowing his soul to rip in peace.
"Hee-Ho, you can do what you want but the truth here is obvious. At the moment we can't win here." Quintus would face towards Hazama. Kneeling was a bit too much but he wasn't about to keep fighting a battle that would likely cost him his own life. He wasn't reckless. "Fine, I concede defeat. It's obvious that as I am now I can't hope to compete with someone like you. Regardless, things won't stay like this forever. I plan to become stronger than I am now, strong enough to oppose the almighty themselves. To those ends I won't kneel but I will admit that none of us here are a match for you."
Penny

"Oh, other other Mister is already dead? Aw, that's pathetic." {The little girl says as Rowan gets skewered by Eligor down in the classroom, not at all tranced by his sudden departure from this world. However, the things that he had dropped manages to catch her eye, and she leans over to have a closer look at the hole, noticing her rain still dripping from inside.} "Oooo, Big Sis Tabitha likes sharp pointy objects. And that thing looks like it can make something go boom! Mister, can Penny-" {She turned her head towards Quintus as he decides to put up the white flag, in which she quietly walks over to him, not trying to intervene during his truce before tugging at his sleeve, looking at him with a confused look. Of course, Mr. Bear still hangs by the one hand carrying him loosely, but it seems to be staring past Hazama and the outside again.} "Mister, what's happening again? Penny's not really getting it..."
With her defenses as far down as they can go, and little chance of evading Tot is knocked back against one of the simulation walls. The girl coughs up a little blood as she gets back up. Its hard to see, hard to think a little. But she's still alive. That's what matters. Actually. She starts to smile again, noticing something as she looks in David's hollow soul. "So that's it, you're testing us right? Wanna see how much our freedom is worth. Well if nothing else I think you've learned I'm stubborn as a mule! I don't plan on giving in to you or anyone else! Dore" Tot stands up proudly, snapping her fingers as she aims one more sonic blast at David's violin, hoping to finally shatter that and get the music out of her hands. As she does the girl winks at her blue-haired companions before asking. "Hey, I'm gonna try something really precise soon. If either of you can keep him still or help me with that it'd be great."
The Spell Punk would stare down what was once a hole which now feels much more like a grave pit and give a remark of disgust for a moment as Rowan’s body fell of the pierce of the lance. But then it turned more into a sigh nervousness taking in what just happens. “I..I don’t cover mending or meddling with death I should get out right now. So it seems we’ve lost some weight here and we seem covered by powerful foes all around...” Though a bit accustomed to sight of death as it was hardwired into its mind not to worry on it, yet it still gets tied in such nervous emotions on each one and can never understand why it gets overwhelmed in feelings. Quickly straightening itself up it would follow by Quintus lead and kneel in surrender towards Hazama. Fighting would be pointless in a scenario so skewed as this.
Prima was able to handle the last Megido well, but not so much this one. The Tundra Seal flies out of her hands and she falls, only managing to land on her hands and knees. They'd damaged David, sure, but his song was making them frail as if they had been hit with a Metal Sound. She makes a quick sweep of the room. Both of her companions appear beat up. At this rate, they may need their companion's help... but that gleam in Tot's eyes convinces her to give their little trio one last shot. She smiles back at the musician and pushes herself to her feet. "Very well. I'll give us some speed back. Masukukaja!" She takes a few steps back and lets the spell wash over the trio. She makes a sudden dash to the side to retrieve her weapon.
Ene

Ene is tossed by the megido and bounced against the floor a couple of times. Her vision is terribly disoriented after settling on the ground. While some blood seeps from her surface scratches. All of this paired with her body's sudden loss of magic makes her want to curl up and sleep. You better be up to something good. Tot's stupidly heroic words give Ene the push she needs to stand once more. Her body takes a couple more seconds to respond but soon enough the three Tot's in her field of vision combine into one. It's as good as she is going to get so with a final burst of energy she runs to David utilizing the speed given to her by Prima. I'll distract! So you two hurry up with the magicking! Ene then tries to grab at his instrument with as much strength as she can muster.
Takeno

As Rowan gets skewered she can't help but look on in horror, less at the display of violence and gore, and more just at the complete indifference at most of the team. Figuring she'd best not press it, she swallowed her concern and simply turned to Quintus, raising a brow. "We're throwing in the towel?! Just what the hell has been going on up here while we were in the school..." She charged more electricity in her hand, ready to perform another Zio but not quite attacking, leaving the electricity coiling in her palm in the event that the Incubus decides to to counter-attack.
Quintus would first begin addressing Take. He wouldn't turn his head away from Hazama but his eyes would look in her direction. "I'd recommend you both surrender now unless you feel like dying here up to you really but I don't see too much if a reason to waste my life here. Even if we fight to the bitter end here we'd accomplish nothing and believe me when I say that regardless of what we do we can't stand up to someone like this. Not right now..." next was Penny. He struggled to figure out how to explain things in a way a naive child would understand. "Basically, this guy is the cause of everything that's happened here and if we don't want to end up like the other mister over there then we should be careful about how we talk to them."
Melbourne
Thread Creator

["199X - Great Cataclysm". It would begin by talking about the Resistance that had risen quite quickly in the wake of the police falling in less than 48 hours. Initially, it was made up from the surviving members of the Shinjuku Police Station, and some of the soldiers who left Camp Ichigaya as Gotou's coup d'etat was about to happen. In particular, a man simply nicknamed as "Resistance Man" (His real name was "Takaya Nishitani") was the most knowledgeable regarding Gouto's move and was able to coordinate plans in response incredibly quick thanks to his informant friends within the man's ranks. Due to this, they were able to learn of the plan to find a "Yuka" by the command of a Medium; “a woman that was said would be instrumental in stopping Gotou, someone who had an incredible link to the spirit world and equally powerful magic; the strongest mage alive”. Before the JSDF and demons were able to locate her however, they made contact with her, Yuka Takahara, who would then take the position of leader for these newly formed Neutral forces.]
As expected, Yuka had great insight in the way demons worked and how many of them were actually coming into Tokyo at any time, just not how it was happening and from which points. At the same time, she also had an agile mind uncharacteristic for someone her age. "Resistance Man" and Yuka were an incredible team that slowed down both the JSDF and Americans from their inevitable clash, while also at the same time saving innocent people and bringing them into the Shinjuku Underground Mall, which served as a secret HQ and camp for those saved. Eventually, a considerable amount of said civilians decided to join in as "Demon Busters".
[It goes on to describe different operations in the hopes of saving people, most requests from the people that had been already saved, as well as sabotage missions against the JSDF and the American army. Eventually, it describes a small number of "Demon Summoners" helping out the Resistance, who then were even more rare than in "current times". Most were killed by their own demons after showing weakness. Reports would be worrying after a few days, because thousands of women called "Yuka" were being detained and taken to Camp Ichigaya, and something had to be done about this, not to mention members of the Yakuza joining up with the JSDF.]
To make matters worse, Yuka would end up being kidnapped by a woman named Yuriko and was close to being publicly executed through the TV, were it for the quick action of the Resistance.
[After the rescue, it was clear the demons were about to overwhelm the city, and so the Resistance was preparing to leave as quickly as possible. Yuka would go on to face Gotou and Thorman. Both heads of the opposing forces would be defeated by her. At the same time, a small group of Resistance members would stay back as they distract the demon hordes in a suicide mission, from the which no one returned, including the Resistance Man. Not soon after, the entirety of Tokyo was bombarded by the US with a barrage of ICBMs. Yuka and 6 other million died because of this.]
Tokyo was not the only point from the which demons were coming through. The following few months would be characterized by overwhelming assaults all around Japan, and the US would face a war against Russia and many European nations in response to their nuclear attack. Both sides would learn to abuse the Demon Summoning Program, which was necessary to command demons. But these being influence their summoners, and so this catastrophe, the “Great Cataclysm”, was put into motion. The demon invasion and global nuclear war would drop the total population down to 22% by the time the new millennium started.
[The next chapter is titled “2000 - 2020”. Raidou was about halfway done.]
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Hee-Ho would look at Quintus with surprise. Although he wasn't kneeling, he would lower his head and hide it with his cap, or at least tries to, considering his gigantic head. Hazama would smile with both eyes closed as he claps, pleased with Quintus' quick response. It was easy to see for the moment that he was taking this as a group decision right away; after all, none of them could hope to face him on their own.] Hee-Ho: "The Emperor is too str-Ho-ng...! Those who accept their weakness in the Abyss...!" Hazama: "This Jack Frost has some arrogant dreams, perfect for a such a mediocre creature. It makes sense you would have such delusions too, Quintus. All of you should thank him. It seems his ambitions will kill every single one of you. They are nothing without the willingness to sacrifice everything." [Hazama would casually walk up to Quintus and stand right in front of his face. He was shorter, easy to note he was not older than 17, and with a presence greater than that of the pair of demons who had jumped up to the roof, standing behind Hazama, but not close at all.] Hazama: "Look closely and you'll see the strength a human can achieve in surpassing humanity; this is what true power looks like. You are in my realm now, you play by my rules, little toys… and in this world, only the strong can live. By admitting defeat, you have also accepted your execution." [While he was always talking full of himself, this time his tone was dead serious. The eyes above would become red while the previously dark surroundings become crimson, the "sky" almost like flesh, all too like the stomach of Abaddon, At the very least, Quintus should be the one to tell this. Just above them, Almighty magic begins to focus on top of them, creating a small, solid orb with a flame-like aura. It wasn’t hurting them for the moment, but it was forcing them onto the floor. They could try to keep standing but it would be like gravity had become too much for them, like they didn’t have the strength to ever pull themselves up. Taking this opportunity and while the demons from the Abyss laugh, Hazama would force his right foot on Quintus’ face, pressing harder and forcing it to move from side to side, rubbing in the fact that he had easily won.] Hazama: “Game over. Just say it right away and I’ll make it end quickly. That you will never get the power you wish for; you never had any power to do anything to begin with. You are weak, an ant compared to weakling demons, and nothing to a God such as me. That your tomb will be the entrails of my minions.” [The energy created by the orb would increase as it also grows in size. Everyone would find it near impossible to stand up, and at the same time it would feel like their skin was getting burnt, at first feeling like they were standing dangerously close to a bonfire, and then slowly getting worse, like such fire was going to consume them. The effect of this on Takeno was considerably weaker; while the others were suffering, she barely felt anything, and seemed to be able to move more than the rest, maybe even stand up if she put all her might into it.] Hazama: “This is my ‘Sol Smasher’. Say your last words, plead for your life if you must. Perhaps in your next life will you make your pathetic dream come true, all of you.” [The presence of demons all around was overwhelming, but those familiar with those of the Abyss could tell something was off, someone was waiting to see what would happen. They felt like a demon, but this was clear just a part of this being’s nature. Incubus would speak up.] Incubus: “Master, Eligor got his meal, and that girl over there is a total hottie and I got a very nice look through her experiences. I was wondering if-” Hazama: “Do as you please with her, I will allow it this one time.” Incubus: “Thank you, Master!” [The Incubus would lick his “lips” as he slowly flew towards Takeno.]
Melbourne
Thread Creator

David: "There is no test but too see how weak you truly are, those unfit to fight shall die. Without any will, you don't deserve the chance to live on... weakness breeds weakness, even nature knows this in eliminating those not fit, even if they are children." [Tot's Dore would luckily hit directly, making the violin's wood crack and open up a bit, with this one attack, it was sabotaged but not damaged enough, and it almost seemed like it was trying to repair itself, the instrument vibrating slightly. Whatever they would try next would certainly be easier with Prima’s Masukukaja, which would return some speed to the group; aside from this, Prima would be successful in retrieving her signature weapon. Finally, Ene would amazingly rush forward to try and take the violin. She is successful, somewhat. She is able to grab on to the violin but is unable to take it away. This, however, does take David by surprise. The Fiend would let out a mere “Ah” as he tries to pull back; Ene’s grip is perfect. David was extremely confused.] David: “…Let go in this very instant. Do not to- Let go of my Stradivari!!” [Lady luck must have been delighted by the girl’s fighting spirit, for this outcome was next to impossible. David does not attack at all, merely trying to take back his violin, but failing to do so due to his lacking physical power.]
"and bingo. Dore" Tot grins as she aims one more sonic blast. Its probably the weakest she's launched yet, but its aimed very precisely while David's distracted trying to get back his violin. Aimed, at the crack in David's head. Its a small crack, but in some ways that makes it better. Though it might be weak, if Tot's sonic blast were to strike true, it would wind up trapped in David's skull, bouncing around inside to deal far more damage than it should have. "Lets see how that stands for 'will'." It wasn't really a typical move for her, but being able to think on her feet and take advantage of openings is something she'd imagine teach would be proud of
(edited by Tot_Pop)
There was pressure being applied to his head and gravity itself seemed to be forcing him to the ground. It seemed perhaps that he had taken things in the wrong way but yet...He couldn't bring himself to speak. Not a word came out of his mouth as he had nothing to say for the moment. Instead, the usually grim man would begin to crack a smile. He'd begin laughing lightly as Hazama continued to press against his head.
Takeno

As Take felt the immense heat cause little more than what amounted to a mild discomfort, at least in comparison to what she was witnessing in the rest of her allies, she raised a brow. Not one to complain about being given any sort of special treatment, she wasted no time in using her previously charged Zio, aiming to slug the Incubus directly into his skull instead of firing the bolt as a projectile. "I'll split your damn skull you revolting little bastard!!" Should her attack be successful, she'd use every ounce of strength in her body to slam the Incubus' head into the floor, the electricity forming a globe of energy around the impact.
Penny

{Penny, whether she liked it or not, had to have her body jerk downwards toward the ground, all because she asked that simple question. Though she’d like to curse herself for letting herself act how she would normally does, which is stupidly following along. She tries to swing at the air but to no avail, her grip slipping from the Mr. Bear who seemed to never even care. Eventually she stops moving her arms, asking carelessly as she looks downward at the floor.} “How does Penny rise from the floor again?” {The little girl started to feel it was even harder to keep herself in character, but seeing as how Quintus had started to laugh while getting trampled, Penny easily finds an excuse to make sure she stays in check. Considering it to be contagious, she quietly giggles from where she is now in hopes that she is still being as uncaring as she was the past hour.} “You’re funny Mister, tee-hee...”
“Excellent shot, Tot. And hang in there, Ene!” Prima smiles and aims her gun at David’s body. She takes a few cautious shots, careful to not catch Ene in the crossfire, and begins her advance. Though she isn’t the epitome of pure strength, she aims to get up close and personal with David while he’s distracted. If there’s one thing she knows, it’s that individuals like him are powerful in special attacks but lacking in close combat. It’s the best chance she has, too, since he can’t play anything with Ene’s vice grip on the instrument.
The Spell Punk would find itself being forced towards the ground restrained in movement but the restrain of movement is the not the point on its mind. Normally it was some metaphorical nonsense but this time it felt a bit more serious and questionable out of itself. "Why this is just the worst chain of events. Not even being sent to the next cycle instead being killed outside the realm of my own because some poor planned actions. They will be displeased and have me by the clutches and excommunicate me...oh not again I won't stoop down to a necromancing bone collector no..." Its mind was clearly not occupied in the immanent death at hand just grumbling to itself about how much it hated this. It tried to look up at the flame like orb yet could not riling it up even further and causing his grumble to become more tick off to say the least. His riled nature started to act up on his magic as he wanted anything but to stick there and experiencing a untraditional death. Spell Punk starts to cast a Gryva skill not on any person but on the flame orb as subtle as it could and make it rise and move estimating that the farther that orb is the less it had to think about it.
Quintus would continue laughing for a while before ccx calming down and beginning to speak without a hint of restraint despite the beating he was taking from both Hazama and gravity itself. "The emperor's going to an awful lot of trouble to squash a bug. It almost seems like your words and your actions don't match up. One minutes you decide to kill me yourself and then the next your telling me my ambitions mean nothing? That my dreams will never come true? Could it be that the emperor is actually scared of an insignificant bug because they might posses a venom inside that's too much for even them to handle? We killed Balam. We submitted when you wanted us to. Yet still, you decided to end my life the moment I made my goal clear. Then go ahead..." Quintus despite the gravity being pressed down on him, despite Hazama crushing him would attempt using the last of his energy to grab onto the kid's leg that was crushing him and to glare up at him with a smile on his face. "Kill me and show everyone here that the Emperor of all Demons is scared of a puny bug like me! Prove me right!"
Ene

Nope my instrument now so I can't let go! Ene blithely shouts as she tightens her grip on the instrument. While the others try to attack she tries to jump back in a last ditch effort to completely rid david of his musical toy.
Melbourne
Thread Creator

["2000 - 2020". The book talks about how despite what was essentially the end of the world, people around the globe had survived, even in Tokyo. In the first few years after the end of the Nuclear war and especially due to the demons, it became a necessity to live underground for the surviving humans, and Tokyo was perfect for such conditions. People would start to return to Tokyo and form groups to survive; some coming from the outside of the city and even nearby countries, while other had in fact saved themselves by sheer luck while inside of the city through hidden bunkers and the subway. The Church of the Messiah remained and so did the Cult of Gaea among the people of Tokyo.]
Coming right out of a long war, the people were still tense and violent. The demons did way more than destroy the world, they made people fearful; most were still holding on to the old ways of society. Due to this, tons of people chose to believe in the idea of a Messiah that would suddenly come and change it all, saving the world from demons and restoring all.
[At the same time, the Cult of Gaea opposed the desire for those of Law to restore traditions and ensure security like in the old days and instead wished to embrace the return to a state of nature, where the strong thrive and one can do as they please, saying this was good for humanity. This rift among the people would turn Tokyo very quickly into the battleground for an all new power struggle with both sides moving forward proclaiming they are doing their best for humanity. The Cult of Gaea would gain control of the north of Tokyo, mainly Tokyo Destinyland, Ikebukuro and most notoriously, Ueno. Meanwhile the Church of the Messiah would find themselves focused around Shinagawa and Shibuya, as well as most of the Tokyo bay. Shinjuku remained a mostly neutral zone lead by a man called Ozawa, who overtook the previous Yakuza gang boss who was the ruler by making a deal with a demon called Take-Minakata. Then there was Roppongi which, until 2022, had a barrier all over it while being run by two men known as Black Count and Red Baron. Then there was Ginza, the one true neutral ground that worked as a community with no alliance to any particular side, right in the middle of it all; this one had the biggest population.]
The Church of the Messiah would find a girl called Yuka with incredible powers and a great connection to the spirit world. She was given the title of "Messiah" and turned into the leader of Shibuya at the time she turned 15, around 2021. She was told it was a great honor and that it was her destiny to lead the people in the name of God. But she always knew deep down her calling was something else, even if she never told anyone from the Order for as long as she remained there.
[The book would continue to describe how people dealt with the harsh conditions. When it came to water, they were able to get it from the nearby rivers and boil it for safe consumption; summer was never an issue because the nuclear winter made everything generally cold, and even the snow from winter was used to stock up on water if possible. With the death of cattle and the impossibility for agriculture, the people turned to hunting certain demons for food consumption, such as Stonka, or any supplies that remained from old. For armor and weapons, these are rarely forged but mostly discovered or obtained from demons; another important supply they themselves fabricate is ammunition for guns. The people would make underground stores, parking and even subways would become the new homes of the people as they slowly try to renovate old buildings and what the city used to be like, but this was made difficult by the fighting between Messians and Gaeans]
In secret, the Messians had been working hard in the construction of a massive structure at sea, near Tokyo Bay. A Cathedral.
[Next up is "202X - 203X".]
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Hazama would laugh just like Quintus was, more by the face that, in his eyes, this man just lost it and realized his entire life was a sham. His pride had taken him here and, ironically, in throwing it away, it would prove to be his demise. That was what the Deity Emperor was thinking.] Hazama: "What's wrong, mongrel? Is the thought of your mortality so horrible you lost it?" Hee-Ho: “The Gloomy Guy turned into Laughing Guy, ho! This is creepy…!” [At the same time, Takeno would prove successful in slamming the Incubus' head into the floor with her Zio-charged fist. The demon hits the floor hard mostly by brute force rather than the electricity itself, which wasn’t particularly effective. At that moment she decided she wanted nothing more than to obliterate the enemy in front of her, the heat and push the Sol Smasher above was exhorting over her was “gone”, not affecting her body for a brief moment, only for it to slowly try to push her into the ground again, unsuccessfully. The demon would writhe in pain while Hazama laughs harder.] Hazama: “Was that dying little girl too much. No matter, you had your cha -” [The Sol Smasher’s power is great, but Punk’s Gryva is indeed able to slowly push it up, away from the group thanks to the influence of his Warlock Gauntlet making his magic more powerful in effect. As a result, the heat and pressure forced upon everyone is weaker and weaker by the seconds. Hazama is confused as to what is happening, seemingly having no control over the orb itself. Then, Quintus would catch his attention. The teenager’s face would shift from confusion and to anger as the gloomy guy was able to grab on to him; Quintus would find it easier than expected, even would feel like standing up was completely doable. Then, Ragnarok Magatama that was in Quintus possession would begin to vibrate in response to his behavior, and he could also feel the faint noise of something cracking.] Hazama: “What kind of sick joke is this, bastard!? You belong to me, your entire life and being does!! I decide if you live and die, including when and how!! But if you are so eager to meet your maker then so be it. Eligor, Incubus, all of my minions, come to me!!” [Hazama would force the hurt and humiliated Incubus into a sphere of magnetite that would return to his hand, just like Eligor; the eyes all around would also become magnetite as Hazama forces them all together. In this process of fusing the demons around, Punk would prove successful on pushing the Sol Smasher away in this moment, fully allowing everyone in the group to freely move, essentially saved from imminent death by Punk’s gravity magic, Yoshiko’s willingness to fight on and Quintus’ taunting.] Hazama: “The greed you showcase has done nothing but get on my nerves. I will not humor your insolence any longer, but I will not be the one to kill you!! Not me, but a demon!!” [The magnetite in his hand would make his hands vibrate as he jumps back on top of the metal fence and throws it against the floor; a gigantic being would take form quickly: A bipedal humanoid creature of dark green skin. It has two heads like those of a bird of prey and red fur, which also covers its arms and legs that end in talons. It has a golden collar around its neck and two spiky appendages going down from the back of its heads.] Hazama: “Arise Mammon!! Squash them with no mercy!! I beat this demon myself as I fought my way to the throne!!” [In his anger, Hazama fails to notice the changes his world was going under. Down the hole into the classroom, a gateway back to the Akarana Corridor had opened, but Mammon was standing right between them and it. The demon does not make a move, and instead, it decides to watch what they would do, seemingly aware of the gateway but not saying a thing. From the stairway behind them, there was the presence of a “familiar demon”. Punk in particular felt it.]
Melbourne
Thread Creator

David: "I keep telling you to let go of Stra-" [Shock, that's all he can feel at the moment for the sudden turn of events. Tot would miraculously land Dore inside David's skull. It would bounce from one side to another, the unexpected pain forcing David to let go of the violin. In the duration of the attack, the skull would crack even more so, now opening a wider hole on his forehead that would continue to the right eye socket. Then Prima would follow up by shooting her Tundra Seal while also advancing; each step making it easier to aim, given the Fiend was not moving an inch that wasn’t caused by pain or an attack by the group. This would leave some bad holes around his torso and clothes, revealing more of his now damaged bones. Ene would pull even harder, and would prove successful in retrieving the Stradivari violin from David’s hand due to him being too weak to do anything anymore.] David: “Outstanding. To think I would fall for such an idiotic trick…!” [The trio would completely reverse the effect of the three previous Haunting Rhapsodies; their offensive power, defensive capabilities and speed would return to normal. Despite this, David would cast yet another Megido, but struggling to make it happen at first. It would hit all three but there was no way it would hurt like it used to. Not anymore. David seems incapable of doing another move for the moment.]
“Nice one sparky,Princess!” Tot cheers on her teammates as the tide finally turns back in their favor. Now back to normal the girl would dance away from the megido, getting caught near the edge of its blast but now that she’s back to full operation it wouldn’t hurt too badly. Not something she’s never dealt with at any rate. Once the smoke clears Tot gives David a brief bow “See? You can’t underestimate our willingness to make our own choices. Now, since this is the finale...” Tot spins around, putting on one last bit of a show before snapping her fingers at David thrice “Do! Re! La!” Sending one final set of three sonic blasts at their opponent. Tot’s running low on magic so it would have been wiser to use something smaller, but a show must end in as showy a way as possible
The blast burns Prima’s skin, and she can’t do much other than brace herself, but with the music’s effects gone she manages to stand her ground. It still hurts, but she’s not down yet. “Yes, let’s end this.” She takes advantage of her close distance to unload as many shots as possible into David’s skeletal body. Even the recoil doesn’t faze her. It’s now or never.
Quintus would notice that the force against him was no longer there. What was more suprising was the his speech actually seemed to work against Hazama to some degree. As soon as he could he'd get some distance between him and the unstable teen. He knew it was time to try and escape but now a new demon blocked the path between him and the exit. Not too much energy left. He was surprisingly relatively unhurt but it was questionable how long he'd last with limited magic. Despite this the exit was close at hand, he almost thought about just using the other as a distraction and leaving on his own. He'd look over the group quickly...Penny was still among them. She was too young and probably still had a limited understanding of the situation, Take was his ally who held similar ideals to his own, and at this point he probably owed Spellpunk for contributing to saving his life. There wasn't much room for selfishness right now... "Look like we're in this for the long haul, Hee-Ho. Everyone! It might not be wise to engage this demon! We should focus on trying to gaining access to an escape for everyone here!" He'd also try to confirm the location of the summon device. It would get in the way of fighting too carry now but there was no way he was leaving it behind.
Raidou flipped through page after page of the small history book, engrossed in the text contained within every page. Many details lined up with what he already knew from his last few outings into that rough time frame, but the points about the future passed that was vastly intriguing. "So, if we hadn't stepped in to help Kazuya back then, is this what would've happened?" Gouto pondered the question allowed, and Raidou assumed the answer was yes. That did bring up a decent point, though. "What's up, Raidou? Something weird catch your eye?" From what Raidou knew, Kazuya was personally involved in many of the events described in the entries detailing events before the dropping of the ICBMs. While things were different in The Alternative thanks to Raidou himself and the others, Raidou knew Kazuya took part in many of those events even in his own time, without Melbourne's meddling. "This book came from even after the entries we've read insofar, and there we saw that kid who was Kazuya's spitting image. It could be a coincidence, but given that wasn't the only double we saw there, that seems unlikely. Things aren't adding up here, at all." Gouto echoed Raidou's thoughts exactly. The summoner decided to read on, figuring that there wasn't much else to do about this inconsistency for now.
Takeno

Raising her blade in a defensive stance, she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. For a moment she was in her own little world, her hands charging with electricity once again as she gripped the blade tight. Her eyes opened once more, now burning with a passionate determination, focused solely on the massive demon Hazama had just summoned. "As much as I'd love to paint the walls red with this bastard, we're in over our heads... But I have an idea!" Take raised her blade and dashed to the side, using an incredible amount of force, she started slashing up a chunk of concrete that once comprised the wall, and before it would have even landed she charged her fist with another Zio, hoping the sheer force of her punch could launch the stone at Hazama.
Ene

With all your boasting about beating us I can believe that this worked. Ene states before she moves closer to David. Her hope is that being close go David keeps her out of the blast range of the attack. She holds the instrument above herself for good measure.
Penny

{The little girl stopped her quiet giggling for a second when she realized the overwhelming force had went away. Penny got up from the ground, raising an eyebrow at the newly arrival of Mammon. She desperately wanted to try and play with it, and she also wanted to go back into the classroom. Still confused, Penny laughs it off, practically shrugging her shoulders with no care.} "Huh? I don't know what's going on at all, tee-hee! Penny doesn't care too much anymore, though. Penny just wants to leave stinky other Mister alone. Forever." {She lets go of her Bugbear and raises her hand towards the sky, the rain from inside the classroom subsiding. Instead, the atmosphere, though not at all rising much in heat, starts to feel more like a blistering desert. The wind gathers around to blow sand everywhere, creating a sandstorm that greatly lowers the attack of the enemies that oppose her fellow party members.} {Mr. Bear wastes no time after he's been released from the little girl's grasp, it's blue button eyes scouring the rooftop. The bear looks towards where Penny looks, and stares deeply as if it were gazing into one's soul. Though it's mouth was stitched up, it bares it's bloody fangs, almost seeming to hiss, and proceeds to follow up on Penny's sandstorm by using Masukunda on their adversaries.}
Melbourne
Thread Creator

["202X - 203X" begins. The human population of Tokyo had gotten used to demons’ attacks and many different types of hunters had begun to appear all around the city, be it from the Police-like forces of the Messians or independent Mercenary-like forces of the Gaeans. Indeed, not much of importance happens until the year 2022, when a small group assassinated Ozawa and liberated Shinjuku from his control, at the cost of making demons target the are more for the next few weeks. At the same time, Yuka would fall to the possession of a demon called Arachne but was then rescued by the same small group. She would leave her position as the "Messiah" and as the Leader of Shibuya too around this time; soon enough a woman named Akie would take the position. This particular year was marked by many things, such as the Battle at the Police HQ; the discovery of Roppongi's true nature: A city of Bodyconians run by the demons Belial and Nebiros for the purpose of entertaining a certain "Alice", and the Full Moon of December, in the which hundreds died in Shibuya at the hands of a horde lead by Pale Rider. The book would reiterate how it was the same case as 1992 at Shinjuku. Among the list of dead, a "Tsukasa" slips through. It talks about how it even seemed like the Fiend was targeting specific people rather than looking for a great genocide.]
Among the groups who fought that day, the "Full Moon" of December 8th, 2022, were Raidou Kuzunoha the XXV's themselves and their students, besides the last remaining members of the defunct Resistance and some Demon Busters that had come to help as per their request; most from Ginza. Yuka herself assisted during the battle.
[The book would not go into much detail regarding each individual, besides mentioning that the Raidou of that time had a child that joined the Gaeans, rejecting the Raidou Kuzunoha line in favor of himself; his name being Haruko. It is believed he died, mostly speculated to have been at the hands of Akie, this coming from the clash the Messians and Gaeans had mere days after the Full Moon of December battle. People back then believed this because this was the only Raidou Kuzunoha to ever reject the ideals of "Law" so suddenly, and only XXVI would be a return to form. Next, the book describes the raise of a new "Messiah", Yuji, who had given up his life for a friend and was then resurrected by God himself, as well as the champion of Gaea, the "Bushi" Takeshi, a man who had fused himself with a demon to gain power. Their exploits would become notorious because they never fought each time they met, but rather, kept trying to convince the other to join their respective side. Eventually, around 2026, the Messian's Cathedral is completed with the purposes of calling out God into Earth, while the Gaeans assaulted the place from below in order to stop them and use it to call for Lucifer instead. And not long after, Tokyo was hit by a Great Flood, killing everyone not inside the repaired tall buildings of the city or the Cathedral island.]
Melbourne
Thread Creator

The Cathedral was an artificial, gigantic island with a megastructure on top of it, raising high above the sea level as if it was expecting such an event. From 2022 and 2026, most of Tokyo had in fact gone heavy restoration thanks to the increasing number of Demon Busters having easier times dealing with common races, but it all seemed worthless once the Great Flood came. Luckily, most people had been lead to the Cathedral through a secret entrance, saving a great number of people in the process.
[The battle at the Cathedral was not won by Law or Chaos, but by a small third party who took down the great generals of both sides. It is said that this was the angry spirit of Masakado himself reaching out for peace. In this battle, the generals Arioch, Surt, Astaroth and the then current leader of the Cult of Gaea, Asura, were defeated by him on the side of Chaos, meanwhile in the side of Law, Uriel, Raphael, Gabriel and even the head of the Church of the Messiah and the greatest warrior of God on Earth, Michael were defeated. In the process, God's chosen Messiah, Yuji was killed, like Lucifer's chosen Champion, Takeshi by this figure. Although the battles had lasted for days between both sides, the defeat of all these generals at the hands of “Masakado” had happened in a single day.]
Due to this and against all odds, Chaos and Law put a stop to their constant fight as the waters returned to the sea. In this time, the group known as the "Seven Philosophers" was created, which had high rankings humans of different origins and ideologies. Through their guidance, they were able to lead the construction of the first great symbol of Humanity's resurgence after the end: Shinjuku Babel, a 3000 meters tall building made out of 666 floors, as well as the foundation of the Devil Buster Control Organization. Eventually however, the groups of wisemen separated due to their differences and set out to focus on their own people. Meanwhile Law, Chaos and other neutral areas were once again separated; the North belonging to the Gaeans and the South belonging to the Messians, but at the very least the bloody conflict had ended.
[It would then focus on describing how the Messian church was a political powerhouse all around, and how the Cult of Gaea began to lose traction as more and more people again united under the desire for order and protection. After this, it says "Valhalla, however, will always remain absolutely neutral and accepting of everyone." The chapter then abruptly ends. There are only a few pages left written by hand, and those seemed to be in a rather worn out state compared to the rest of the text. At the same time, a portal opens up next to Raidou, although he cannot see to where it leads. Rather, it seemed to be someone's exit.]
Melbourne
Thread Creator

Hee-Ho: "I-I don't know what Gloomy guy means but coming hee-re was a mistake, Ho!" [The Jack Frost would say with happiness despite being incredibly scared previously. Quintus is able to localize the damaged COMP near the stairs towards the floor below, in the same condition they had found it previously. Then Takeno would move on to the offensive, trying to aim her attack directly at the Summoner himself, but Mammon would extend his talons to intercept the attack quite easily. The impact proves to be effective enough, although not strong enough to properly hurt him; it was clear at least the demon wasn't even resistant to such damage.] Hazama: "Foolish girl, consider from where you stand and the size of this creature. A mere piece of concrete will never reach me." [Hazama laughs as Penny moves to make her own move by unleashing a sandstorm that would only affect Mammon, who sees its own offensive capacity lowered greatly, only for his own speed to be reduces slightly by Bugsbear's Masukukaja.] Mammon: "Try to have it all, and you will lose it all. Such are the teachings given to you by others of your own species. It would make sense you would be thrown into hell to be tested...if you really are worthy to be alive." [The massive demon would speak and not move from his position as a colorless orb forms in his hand. He would throw it and remove any betterments given to them by the use of Dekaja. Next up, it would repay Takeno's rock throw with a Garudyne, but would narrowly miss due to the previous debuff. He would retreat his talons in annoyance.] Mammon: "Quite lucky you are. None of your ideas shall work, it would be easier if you took your own lives."
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Yoshio had been hoping to join in with how weak they were just moments prior, it was clear to him at first that the Fiend was well beyond their capacity, but in the end, he didn't need to do anything; he was wrong. He would look on with a slight sense of amazement at this. It really was better to see humans surpass demons through their own will.] Yoshio: "This is it; they've won...!" David: "Truly..." [The onslaught of attacks quickly follows David's final Megido, and attempt at winning this battle. It may be difficult to tell given his features, or lack thereof, but he seemed content, somehow. Tot's Dorela reach his body and enter it once again as Prima lays waste to his body with her bullets, and David cannot do anything in return as he finally lets go of his violin, falling to the ground as a mere pile of bones and red clothes.] David: "...You've bested me on all accounts. I gracefully bow to you three. Up until now, I have shown you the future, the true fate of the world from where you came from. You will soon become a part of it, but do not fear..." [The violin would play a melody on its own, despite being all broken down and ruined, it plays its melody. They see that although the cities have been ruined, from the outskirts people are coming out of shelters and underground facilities of all types. People, against all odds, had survived the world ending event. The sky above was cloudy and the sun could barely get through due to the nuclear winter as the people did their best to restore a single building, meanwhile others are keeping their guard up with both firearms and melee weapons, wearing all types of armor that go from medieval to downright fantastical. Soon enough, a small group of demons approach these humans with the intent to kill, and another emerges from within the building. Surrounded, at first it seemed like there was no hope. However, the demons that had come out from the building; a Cerberus, an Orthrus and a Chimera, would lunge at the group that came from beyond, immediately laying waste to them. Those constructing cheer on as a young man with a crimson cape coat is the one commanding them. His left eye is covered by a metallic gadget while his left arm has a COMP on it. He is sitting on a battered motorcycle while playing around with his long brown hair. A single demon escapes his familiars, rushing at him with the intent to kill, but he stops the enemy dead on its tracks by piercing a sword right through its head, following up with making the blade itself light on fire, turning the beast into ashes. The people cheer on as the "Devil Summoner" stands proudly. The melody ends.] David: "...those who still have the will... can fight on no matter what. Death is not the end, it never is. Those who perish return in... new forms... such are the rules of the universe. But... perhaps you..." [David becomes dust before he can finish talking, and all of his being, as well as the Stradivari, disappear. It was clear at least that this Fiend was never part of the programming. In the place he once stood, a floating colorless orb awaits, inviting one of the three who won to take it. At the end of the corridor, where there used to be a dead-end now awaits an opening back to the Akarana Corridor. They may be able to see Raidou and Gouto reading a book.]
Quintus would sigh quietly to himself. He had to be out of character for once in his life. He'd begin sprinting towards the demon before them, pulling out both his blades and aiming the for the demons legs. "Hee-ho! I need another defense buff if you will!" Whether the attack was successful or not he'd quickly withdraw and begin heading towards the stairs where he left the comp before rather than the hole behind Mammon. "None of our ideas will work? Quite confident for a demon who already lost to a human before! Come get me then and show me just how pointless my ideas are!"
"Little rough aren't you? Still, I understand. From one musician to another. Bravo." Tot's usual loud and cheery tone fades away for a moment as a single tear is brought to her eye. Fires are forged by adversity, and much like her own teacher, David hadn't wanted to allow those who couldn't persevere to move forward and meet only suffering. In a way, it was seeing if they could, or if they would have to rely on Yoshio. And in the end, they stepped forward. Just as Tot had before, and she trusts the others knew too. Tot solemnly salutes the pile where David once was, before stepping forward to take the colorless orb, to hold it and see what it was, as well as in a way show her appreciation to the fiend. Its rude not to accept a gift.
Raidou finally managed to pick out some names he recognized. Tsukasa lived on for decades after the battle in 1992, which brought a somewhat bittersweet smile to Raidou's face. The mentions of Yuji and Takeshi's fates as well evoked an odd feeling from the summoner; the mention of their defeat at the hands of one "Masakado", as well. Hmph. Even in spite of their circumstances, Yuji and Takeshi never directly took up arms against one another, and in the end the fighting was brought to an end by one "spirit" wishing for peace. His name forgotten, but his actions living on forevermore. It was melancholic to read, surely, but almost comforting in a way, to know that his friend stuck true to his beliefs until the end. "Hey, Raidou. What do you think of that part there, about the Raidous of that time?" The current Raidou pressed a finger to his chin in thought. A Raidou specifically serving one cause over the other seemed strange to him, even moreso was the thought that one served Lucifer in particular. He couldn't help but wonder what the Yatagarasu and Gouto of that time thought, if they were even around at all. A Raidou without a Gouto... Heh, wouldn't dream of it. The moment was cut short by the pair noticing the gateway opening. Deciding to try and give those last few pages a read later on, Raidou stashed the book in the inner pocket of his uniform, and watched expectantly to see who would arrive.
(edited by Raidou Kuzunoha)
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Tot would take the orb of light the Fiend left behind. It would join her body and cover her "aura" as it reads into her memories and very own being. After this short scanning of it all, the light would separate from herself and float right in front of her as it takes shape. It would seem similar to David's violin at first before totally transforming into an electric guitar with a stripe pattern all over it of black and white and red strings; this one would be called "Blanco Gitarre". At first a perfectly normal electric guitar built specifically for her, it would fold into itself as the body edges, creating a rather heavy battle axe; "Barbaro Gitarre". It would then become a guitar in the blink of an eye yet again, not having any trick to it besides the girl's own will. The tuners would turn themselves as the melody it lets out is powered by Psychokinesis magic; "Psycho Social Gitarre" mode would make the white stripes turn magenta. The tuners would turn yet again, and it would instead unleash Nuclear magic; "Radio Active Gitarre" would turn the white stripes into cyan and the strings into yellow. Finally, it would return to its base form on Tot's hands. It was clear that she would be able to use Almighty spells through the base form, but in any of the other two modes, the Almighty would instead be replaced by either Psychokinesis or Nuclear magic while still using the same skills.]
Battered but victorious, Primarina bows, both for those watching and for David’s performance. Even though things were difficult, she was right to put her trust in the others. “It seems we were able to hold our own just fine. I’m not sure the simulation demons turn into dust, but whatever David was, I’d say the simulation was a success.” She takes a few steps towards the end of the corridor, but pauses to look over her shoulder at Yoshio. “I have a few friends I’d rather not keep waiting, so this may be farewell. It was an honor to meet you.”
Tot takes a deep breath, letting the guitar shape to her being. The girl reaches forward to grab this new guitar, its colors carry her own pretty wicked motif, would probably be right at home were she transformed, but for now this military leather will do. Tot takes a few test strums, ones with no power behind it but simply to see how the instrument feels. Once she's ready the girl takes off from David's final song. There's no image to conjure, and a sense of uncertainty that seemed uncharacteristic from the girl, yet it maintains an upbeat, hopeful tone. A determination that even if things are dark now, they'll always be able to find the light. Once her addition is over, Tot breathes out a sigh and nods to Prim and Ene. "Right, yeah we've got a ways to go. It was nice seein' ya, and thanks for the moral support!" Tot waves to Yoshio before heading out through the gateway back to where Raidou would be waiting, adding on. "Last one through's a rotten egg!"
Takeno

As Take watches the Garudyne just barely miss her, she froze for a moment, realizing just how close she was to getting torn apart by wind. She grit her teeth and shook her head, not allowing herself to succumb to fear for even a moment. "You bark a hell of a lot for being a big guard dog! Why don't you be a good pup and run along home to your master? I gotta say, hitting animals isn't really my schtick." Despite the risk, she decided to move closer to Mammon, going for a powerful underhanded slash at at the demon's legs which led quite smoothly into an evasive backflip. She remained crouching with a hand to the floor, ready to move for an evasive dive just in case Mammon decides to counter attack. After all this, her eyes dart towards the nearby Penny, realizing she hadn't even accounted for the attention she might've brought to the child from her taunting. "Hey kid! You'd best get a move on, I highly doubt he's gonna care if you're standing there when he tries to crush us into pink mist!"
(edited by Takeno)
Penny

{The little girl looked at the sky, and then at the bugbear. Her smirk faded, but not because of the situation. No no, she's too wrapped up in deciding whether or not she should not see Mr. Bear for a few minutes. Penny's snapped out of her trance as she hears Takeno, and nods towards her, heeding her warning.} "Penny really wants to play...but I guess Penny won't be able to." {She pouted before taking out her COMP, a phone that seemed almost eerily similar to a walky talky. She held it sideways, flashing the screen at Hazama before calling out their name, her eyes glancing towards her Bugbear as it starts to lose some of it's form, almost like it was digitalizing out of existence.} "Fine, Penny will get her new friend then." {The screen of her COMP flashes blue before her Bugbear's whole existence seems to get reformed, the pixels from before turning into that of Jack Ripper. Her smile returns when she finally swaps out Mr. Bear, and it changes to a determined smirk at her adversaries. Despite maintaining her childlike demeanor, her words are somehow moving and charismatic enough to let her look experienced at the very least.} Penny: "Mister Jack, Penny missed you. Can you help Penny stay alive now?" Jack: "Pfft, I didn't sign up for this, pipsqueak. But count me in." {Following after Takeno, Jack Ripper takes out his razor blade, slicing at Mammon's legs as well by using his Tetanus Cut. Though Penny feels weird not holding anything in her arms, she still advances forward, making sure to at least stay relatively near Takeno. The girl's eyes were gazing blankly at Mammon, but glanced towards the hole leading to the classroom. Jack Ripper also stands in front of Penny menacingly, despite his small size.}
Ene

Ene claps for David's final rousing words. Wish you were this nice earlier. But I guess this is good enough. Ene stops clapping once David is gone and moves to follow after Prima. WIthout bothering to look back since she didn't know or care much about Yoshio.
The Spell Punk would arise from the floor finally still grumbling to itself as it tried to wear off the stiffness it felt being forced to the ground like that. “Alright not being toyed around and sent off to my worst life. Let’s keep it that way, no hands on the robe and all helps keep me content.” It would start to refocus its attention finally noticing the grand foe right in front of them. The Spell Punk not wanting to keep being toyed by yet another force here, it would trying conjuring a spell to strike back against Mamon. Before following through it would feel almost an alarming chill drawing his attention between what’s in front and behind it. “What is this...there is something else in our position I can feel a gaze right on me!” It would change its plan and turn his spell into the sky casting a Makajamon to try and support in the fight but also trying to use this spell to flush out what ever it was feeling and try to draw what ever it is out of lurking. It would keep its eyes on the stairwell but keep an open ear if anyone need the Punk to turn it’s attention back.
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Yoshio, incredibly confused, would simply wave at the trio as they leave towards who knows where exactly. Today had not been the most normal of days and he wasn't even sure if it was even the weirdest thing he had seen.] Yoshio: "Meeting that girl was...strangely nostalgic..." [As soon as the last person from now on known as "rotten egg" (Ene) goes through the exit, the portal closes. They would finally return to the central platform where they would meet with Raidou and Gouto. The giant hourglass next to them would feature five smaller drawings of hourglasses, with now two lit up, soon enough making the small path towards the north, in the gab between the central area and the north area slightly longer. The red lance thrusted into the floor becomes clearer to the group, revealing it has something written on it, but there was simply no way of telling what exactly. Finally, there are three hourglasses left: The first one is to the North-East; there is a strangely peaceful feeling to this one, and they may be able to note the faint laughter of children. The second one is far East, past the one Tot and Ene had chosen previously; this one features the faint sound of someone pressing the keys of a computer silently. Finally, the third one merely reveals the busy sound of modern-day Tokyo; they can tell this one is locked, needing all six hourglasses to be activated successfully, and only two have been finished currently. They could also wait for the other group to get back, all up to the four back already.]
Melbourne
Thread Creator

Hee-Ho: "You got it, boss! Heeeeeeeeee Hooo!" [Hee-Ho would charge up the magic as he gives Quintus a boost to his defensive capacity with the use of Rakukaja. Not soon after this happened Quintus would rush in with his pair of blades. He would pierce right through and would leave the wound of the demon bleeding. It was clearly hurt but these were nothing but superficial injuries. Even still, the creature would feel it if it tried to move its legs. Then, Quintus would rush back to the COMP and the stairs while taunting the demon; Takeno would rush the demons legs as does Jack Ripper with his Tetanus Cut; the effects are immediately visible, leaving some deep cuts on both legs, but Mammon can stay on his feet still, not a single one of them weaker than before and both in equal condition. Furthermore, the poison effect seems to be completely nullified by the being. Punk would move ahead and attempt to use Makajamon. It hits, but it does not bind the creature, completely nullifying the effects just like the previous poison.] Mammon: "You say a lot for a human that could barely deal with trash. No human is equal to one another, and the Deity Emperor was superior to his peers. There is no guarantee you can ever surpass me. As such, none of you in front of me can ever dream to stop me." [Quintus would make it to the COMP just as Punk turns around; both would be able to take a good look back to the stairway. It was dark and the door was open. Most important of all, a pair of glowing yellow eyes accompanied by a smaller pair of glowing pink eyes were looking at the closest from the dark.] ???: "Hey, you, the one with the gloomy eyes. Think you can make that demon's legs any weaker? We'll help you out as long as you hurry up and pick one." ¿¿¿: "That guy is like way past your league, so you better do what we tell you~! Hurry~!" [The first voice was vaguely human with its distortion. At the same time, the Ragnarok Magatama began to resonate once again. The second sounded female and didn't have the same kind of distortion, and at first glanced seemed to belong to someone of high school age. Punk however should be able to tell right away from looking back that these two are the “Demi-Fiend” Naoki Kashima and the “Fairy” Pixie.] Mammon: “Small and fragile. Taste true power.” [It would take a single step forward as it unleashes a series of two punches. Although they are only hitting the air, the shockwave they create are powerful enough for it to feel like being struck all around the body by the full force of a hammer, a “Hammer Punch”. The impact reaches both Quintus and Penny, however, the effects of the sandstorm Penny previously summoned greatly decrease the effect of the attack. After this, the demon follows up by creating magical claws extending from his body. These “Vile Fangs” would impact everyone; Quintus, Takeno, Penny, Jack Ripper and Punk; but it wouldn’t do any physical damage, and it barely hurt. Instead, it was their spirit and stamina what was hit. The group would feel their capacity for magic decrease as well as feeling more tired than before.] Hazama: “My… you all really enjoy pointless struggle! Keep on dancing, I enjoy it myself!” [Hazama would laugh loudly as he keeps his eyes glued to all that’s happening.]
"Awesome, looks like we made it!" Tot cheers to Ene, Prim, and Raidou, brandishing her wicked new guitar in its normal black and white mode. The girl chuckles before looking over at their options "Two left to go now, so think we oughta split up and take these in pairs?" Tot asks the other three present. She doesn't really have any opinion as for who to go with, or even whether or not to go alone, she's simply ready to keep the ball rolling "Would be totally cool if we were already ready by the time the other five band members get back so we could roll on through dontcha think?"
Penny

{Penny merely covered her head with her arm as she braced for the impact of the Hammer Punch, silently thanking herself for somehow knowing how to change the weather like she does. Of course, she's still hoping she can get to the hole in the classroom in hopes that she can get to the sword. Penny felt it right to thank Tabitha for being such a great role model.} Jack Ripper: "Ugh, trying to deal with this chump is tiring. Now I'm tired..." {The blow from the Hammer Punch was nothing compared to this sense of drowsiness that overcame her, but not enough to make her go to sleep completely. Her tiny body still made sure not to topple over, and she walks over to Jack Ripper, smiling and showing him her COMP.} Penny: "That's fine, you did your part Mister." Jack: "Wait what-" {Due to the effects of the Vile Fangs, she felt that her little reunion had to be short-lived. After the COMP started to glow blue, it was practically routine at this point. Jack Ripper dematerialized into pixels that formed her beloved floating demonic teddy bear in his stead once more. The bear that immediately shoots out 3 skulls in annoyance towards Mammon, straight at his legs since that's where the trajectory headed anyway. Before Mr. Bear could turn around, Penny scooped him up in a big hug, in which he tried to shake out once more.} "I really missed you, Mister Bear! Penny's so sorry..."
The damage might have been reduced from his buffed defense but it still would feel painful. On top of that Quintus would feel the effect of the demon's other attack. He'd suddenly feel a wave of exhaustion realizing that he likely wouldn't be able to use magic anymore. That was fine though. He'd finally begin to notice his Magatama as the figures from the shadows called out to him and the Punk. It seemed that the Magatama was trying to tell him something...perhaps that these individuals were allies? It din't matter now, things were desperate enough. He very well knew everyone would likely perish if they couldn't beat Mammon here. "I barely have anything left to give. My own legs feel like they'll give out at this point. It's because of that though that I'll have to do as you say now." Too much was left on the line. If it's just weakening its legs then he could aim fro the one he struck before. He'd rush back towards Mammon, blades ready as he shouted to the others. "Go for the legs! Give it everything you've got!" With that he'd try and strike at the same leg as before but this time trying to hit the other side, hoping that maybe that'd be enough.
Raidou would wave to the three as they approached, smiling slightly. Gouto spoke in the summoner's stead as per usual, while Raidou himself glanced curiously at the lance. "Glad you're all safe, especially you Prima. Things got odd after we got separated, but Raidou's still in near peak condition. You lot do look worse for wear, though. I agree with you kid, it'd be nice to just get this done, but before that we should decide who's good to keep going and who isn't. If any of you guys don't think you can handle another venture, then we can have one pair stay behind and one go ahead, or something of that sort. Haste makes waste and all that." Raidou nodded, and took a look at their options as well. He didn't exactly have a preference for which pathway he would prefer, so he simply shrugged. "Assumin' we're unrestricted in how we approach this, though, I think going in pairs would be best, yeah. Again though, Raidou here is in top form, so I suppose it's only fair you guys decide how things get split up. Though if I had to pick, I don't think I'd complain about the one with the cheery-sounding kids. At least, I hope they're cheery."
The Spell Punk would tilted its head in curiosity and confusion at the strange voices of these beings masked in shadows. It was ready to question what the beings were saying and who they were but was cut short seeing as Quintus was already on board executing their plan. "Guess we'll take blind faith from the voices in the dark wonder how that will pan out as we run head first. I'll bind and crush this beasts leg just give it all you got and more if you possibility can!" It would channel its ever reliable Gryva spell and focus on the same leg of Mammon as Quintus was. It tried to hold it in place and crush it with the sheer pressure applied from the spell. Though it would take a great deal of him and exhaustion would start to creep in once again making it feel hard to keep afloat.
Takeno

Take slouched forward after the Vile Fangs collided with her, not bothered at all by the pain but seeming visibly fatigued now. She clutched her blade and dashed to Mammon's leg, her blade raised over her head, slashing vertically with great speed. "This is everything I've got! I'm counting on you all to follow this up!! Zeta Slash!!!" Suddenly the first cut was followed up by another swing, her blade dancing around the demon's legs at a seemingly inhuman speed, hopefully damaging the demon's tendon with the combined force of dozens of lacerations. After the attack was over, she'd leap back and assume a defensive stance, but it was clear that she'd used almost all her strength at once. Should she be struck, she'd likely be unable to evade, let alone provide a strong defense.
Melbourne
Thread Creator

Due to their intense battles while inside of the Virtual Battler, the three girls would feel their power grow. Prima would gain "Media", a skill that makes it possible to cure her teammates. Tot would gain the skill "Doresol", a skill quite similar to Dorela, with the difference that it shoots once or twice at random targets with medium Almighty magic; although more reliable in single encounters, it may prove difficult to use against large groups. Then Ene would feel her capacity to use her lightning upgraded with "Raikouzan"; this one allows her to imbue any cutting weapon of hers with electricity for light damage that is always guaranteed to strike.
I totally didn't forget to write this one before
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Penny summon her Bugsbear once more, as it focuses its sights on Mammon's legs with its Triple Down. The projectile damage was something the bigger demon was not protected against, just like with physical attacks the others have been using so far. Mammon, as he stands, cannot afford to move his legs, because if he did, he would quickly collapse. Though his face was that of a pair of birds, it was clear to note he had made a mistake. Not soon after, Quintus would focus on a single leg which would finally start to make it shake slightly.] Mammon: "You're really starting to become a nuisanc-" [Then, Punk would focus his Gryva on the same weaker leg. Not only did it make the wounds bigger, it also made the shacking all the more terrible and notorious. Takeno would then dash towards the leg with her blade as she unleashes her Zeta Slash, making the wounds too much for the demon to remain on both legs. In the end, Mammon is forced to press a knee against the floor as he prepares gusts of wind.] Mammon: "I shall finish this in this very moment, your heads will roll!!" [The wind would focus on his talons, preparing himself to unleash a physical attack with such pressure that would be enough to cut their entire bodies in half with no problem at all; "Large Beheading"; and he would set his sights on both Punk and Quintus. Raising his talons to launch the attack, a gust of wind would be shot out from within the stairways, and something or rather, someone was expulsed at full speed directly towards Mammon's head. This someone was a teenager with short and no shirt one with his body fully covered in tattoos who would simply focus on punching the creature with all his strength. The demon's balance would immediately go to hell as the power of this teenager seemed enough to push the thing back to where Hazama was standing. The Deity Emperor would jump up in the air and hover as Mammon goes through the metal fence and falls back into the abyss by the power of the teenager's punch, and the creature's own weight. After this, the tattooed kid would fall on the ground and get back into position while a Pixie follows behind. If they were to look closer, then it would become obvious Naoki had a horn on the back of his neck.] Pixie: "See~? I told you it would work, and you wouldn't believe me~!" Naoki: "I did half the work by punching the damn thing. I could've done the same thing without your wind." [The entire building would begin to shake as it was clear Mammon was making his way back up again, meanwhile Hazama was furious. Naoki, the "Demi-Fiend" would just smirk while looking up, and Pixie showed him her tongue. Takeno in particular should be able to notice; the Pixie that was with the new arrival was the same one that Kazuya has. It would normally be absurd for a human to tell each demon apart from others of the same type, but she could just tell from a single look. If Quintus payed attention to the horn in the back of Naoki's head, he would feel that his Magatama was specifically trying to tell him something about it, as it resonated yet again by merely looking at it.] Hazama: "You- What is the meaning of all this!? You don't look human, not at all! " Naoki: "If you keep messing around, we'll break it. 'We' being the demons and I, and 'it' being your face." Hee-Ho: "A-Amazing!! Hee looks so str-Ho-ng, almost like the Deity Emperor! I can’t tell if he’s a demon or a human…!" [Indeed, there were two ways to go as Mammon made his way up the school at a rapid pace and both the Demi-Fiend and the Deity Emperor glared at each other. One being the hole made previously that leads back to the one classroom, and then the stairways that lead back to the third floor, where the very same classroom was awaiting. Furthermore, near the stairways still awaited the damaged COMP for anyone to take, and the classroom still has Rowan's corpse, holding a M-16 Assault Rifle and Matador's blade, the "Espada".]
Quintus would return back to the damaged COMP, attempting to pick it up. It seemed this was there only chance to run away yet this thing, somewhere between human and demon and with power capable of making Hazama react in such a way. He almost felt like staying but that might be a bad idea. Regardless, he would speak out as he walked closer to the hole with the device in his hands. "Can you take things from here? I don't know who you are but you did help us so it's only right that I don't just leave without a word." Hee-Ho was also still there. He hadn't even thought of what the demon might do now. "What do you intend to do as well if we were to leave now Hee-Ho?"
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[Hee-Ho would turn back to Quintus and wonder about that as well. He would scratch his big head with his big fingers, looking somewhat worried at what Hazama might do, but also interested in what Naoki himself was going to do.] Hee-Ho: "Hee-Ho wants to become stronger, ho! Gloomy guy was super helpful, but you are a chump hee hee ho!" [The Fairy would hover as he points at the Pixie and back at the Demi-Fiend.] Hee-Ho: "Pixie are normally super weak, but Hee-Ho is sure she became this strong by being with Hee-m, the... uh...! The 'Demi-Fiend'! If I stay with him, I may be able to become even more powerful!"
Penny

{Immediately as she saw Mammon get smacked by the teenager, Penny’s eyes lit up as she started jumping for joy, her grip holding even tighter for the bear she hugged. Didn’t matter to her though, she had basically gotten what she wanted out of the exchange. The little girl smiles and shouts over towards the other other other mister.} “Thanks a lot, Mister! Penny will be sure to punch my brain enough for her memories to remember you!” {She laughs giddily as she starts to run towards the hole leading to the classroom, waving to Hee-Ho as he converses with Quintus, and finally letting go of Mr. Bear. Though she feels the shaking of the building all throughout her body, it isn’t enough to dissuade her from making a relatively safe landing into the classroom. Upon realizing who had died in here, she looks at him just like she did with the female student that died at the hands of Jack Ripper.} “Thanks for existing Other Mister. It was nice to see you for a few seconds.” {After the little girl pays her respects, she immediately walks past the body of Rowan and goes ahead to try and pick up his loot. Her bugbear watched as she struggles to hold both the Espada and the M16 without them falling, so she decides to let the shooty shooty end of the assault rifle and the sharp pointy part of the sword drag across the classroom floor.} “Despite all this, Mr. Bear. I sure hope the other people will be ok.” {And with that, despite being tired out of her little mind, she runs straight towards the gateway to the Akarana Corridor in order to depart from this awful school environment, her Bugbear following closely behind so as to watch out for her in case something waits for them past the route to the exit.}
(edited by Penny)
Takeno

As Mammon reeled back for his strike, she couldn't help but watch, her eyes darting to Quintus and Punk, reaching a hand out wordlessly in an effort to warn them... until Mammon was launched effortlessly, scoring a hole in one and surprising the Deity Emperor himself. "What the hell...?" Seeing Penny struggle to hold the two weapons, she reached down, pointing at the Espada.\ "Hey kid, let me help you out here. You'll damage the edge if you drag it on the floor like that." Should Penny accept, Take would rest the blade on her shoulders, moving in the direction of the exit but stopping to keep an eye on Quintus and the strange teenager. It was then that she noticed the familiar Pixie, tilting her head and letting out a 'Huuuh?' under her breath. "I know most Pixies look the same but... do I know you?"
Penny

{She was running, but not too busy to look back, which the little girl did do. Her bugbear also looked behind, almost getting riled up until it found out Takeno spoke to them.} “Oh, ok Miss, that’s fine with Penny!” {Penny ran back towards the older girl, dragging the M16’s shooty shooty part on the ground but lifting up the Espada a tiny bit so as to not have it drag on the floor. Afterwards, she held up the M16 with a smile on her face.} “Tell me the rest of what happens Miss, Penny has to leave. Please give the pointy stick to Penny, she wants to give it to Big Sis Tabitha after we finish.” {And with that, she leaves Takeno’s side with the M16, now heading for the exit that leads to the Akarana Corridor once again.}
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[The Pixie would look down at the hole where Takeno is currently standing. At first, she would say nothing as she squinted her, very much surprised about this entire situation. Few more seconds as she opens both eyes wide and covers her mouth. Naoki keeps his eyes locked with Hazama as the both of them glare at each other like dogs.] Naoki: "What's wrong, Pixie?" Pixie: "It's just that... that one looks a lot like this girl my old master was going out with." Naoki: "Is that true? How long ago was that?" Pixie: "It's been so long I couldn't say. Maybe... over 200 years in human time?" Naoki: "The Amala Network is so strange I wouldn't be surprised it can screw around with time too. If she was linked to your old master, she possibly got involved into weird things. Ask her name." [Pixie was somewhat nervous but she would yell from above, not wanting to leave her master's side.] Pixie: "Hey! Is your name Yoshiko Takenomi~? Is your dad a yakuza and do you have a boyfriend named Kazuya~?" [Penny had left already and each passing moment meant time was running out.]
Quintus noticed his allies beginning to leave. No point staying if they were safe now. He'd look one more time at the Jack Frost he had met in this strange place. He smiled in a friendly manner for once at the demon's comment. "We'll see if I'm still a chump if we meet again then. I expect you'll be a lot stronger by that point too. Then the chump will be Hazama instead. Until then...goodbye." Quin would take the COMP and head towards the hole from before. No need to stop and look at the corpse of Rowan. He'd aim to jump right through the exit gateway.
Takeno

"Whoah, I asked if I knew you not if you knew my whole life's story! Yeah, that's me. That means you're the Pixie I know! That's weird, but I don't have time to chat! Thanks for covering my ass, come find us later!" She offered a friendly smile before seeing Quin leave, practically jumping in place and speeding towards the exit.
Melbourne
Thread Creator

Pixie: "It is her~! Glad to see you after so long~!" [The Pixie would wave at Takeno as she leaves, and a single talon makes it back to the top of the school. Naoki however, remains unfazed, almost too confident he can deal with Mammon no problem.] Naoki: "And there he is... How do you feel after seeing somebody you knew?" Pixie: "It was nice, I missed her a lot after he dumped her~" Naoki: "...and that’s relevant why?" [Mammon would make it all the way back up as he prepares to unleash powerful wind magic. At the same time Pixie seemed to become rather melancholic in regards to her specific memories. She stopped looking down and instead looked back at the creature as more demons join in, all Naoki's companions.] Pixie: "Because he thought that doing that would make it easier for her to take it." Naoki: "What do you mean? Take what?" Pixie: "His death, it wasn't too long after that." [After the last person makes it back to the Akarana Corridor, the portal immediately closes. Back in the main platform, two more of the drawn hourglasses on the bigger hourglass would light up, only leaving one left to deal with so the path towards the north area is opened. The red lance thrusted into the ground and what it was written on it was easier to see: “…OST CLUB”. The previous four already had an idea of where to go, but with the sudden arrival with their fellow survivors, it’s like more information was being given to them. The first hourglass is to the North-East; it leads to a peaceful playground where children are playing without a single care in the world; the word “Yasuo” keeps being repeated again and again, as well as “Father” and “Mom”. The second one is far East, past the one Tot and Ene had chosen before; it leads to a solitary room full of computers with nothing but the sound of keys being pressed and the machines themselves; the phrase “Demon Summoning Program” is notorious, on top of “COMP” and finally, “Nakajima”. Finally, the third one merely reveals the busy sound of modern-day Tokyo. This one is locked, needing all six hourglasses to be activated successfully, and only two remain. In regard to the first two, anyone could access them.]
"Awesome, looks like everything's..." Tot jumps up at the sight of another corridor, through which the rest of the team had gathered.. Or well, most of it anyways. "Wasn't there someone else with ya? Guy talked about demons a lot...." Tot lets out a sigh. That makes two? That's one per trip so far... Which doesn't bode well. Still, the girl was used to it. With the others here, that meant that everyone was ready. "Either way, we've just gotta split into two more groups to take the last two. Just like our mascot suggested." Tot nods to Gouto, taking note of Raidou by extension. Though she's fairly injured, Tot's ever present cheer doesn't really let it show. At least until the girl simply falls back. With the rush of her previous fight over she gets to appreciate just how badly she'd been hurt. On top of that, since she was lacking a weapon until recently, she'd been forced to rely solely on magic, leaving her capacity for it rather drained. Still Tot'd sit for now, her new guitar-shaped weapon on the ground beside her, and tries to pretend nothing's wrong "Right... Yeah, I'm fine. Anyways, so I guess we should still go in two. I'll be ok to lead one, which I guess makes our samurai friend the other leader? Groups of three or four should be good." Tot nods to Raidou with a grin before letting the others decide
"M-mascot?" Raidou gave his partner a simple pat on the head for that one, as the pair looked over towards the returning group. One missing face stuck out clearly, making Raidou's eyes grow wide. Rowan... The summoner clenched his fist, holding back a flood of mixed emotions he didn't quite feel like confronting right now. First thing to focus on is getting out of this place, there will be time for mourning later. "You guys look even worse than the other group did, what the hell happened in there?" The feline sighed as he thought about what to do next. He could only assume the "samurai" Tot mentioned was Raidou, so he continued. "We're fine to lead another group, we didn't encounter anything life-threatening on our little adventure, unlike the rest of you, it seems. I'll reiterate my suggestion from before, if you don't feel confident in taking on another pathway, then you should probably elect to stay here. I'm not too confident in leaving anyone here alone, but while we were waiting here nothing seemed to really happen. Just stay put and don't push yourselves, and you should be fine. Contrary to what I said before, the prospect of finding out more about that Nakajima fellow is rather tempting, so let's say anyone interested in accompanying Raidou and I into that pathway can come along, otherwise you can either go with Tot into the other option, or stay here. That all sound good?"
Quintus was glad to be back but also felt as though there might have been more to do had they not had to escape so quickly. He still held the machine in his hands, unsure of where to take it but the words COMP and Demon Summoning Program take his interest. "Physically I'm fine, I don't think I took too much damage which I'd consider a win considering our area had some power mad demon lord. I may need a bit to recover my magic but I feel it would be a missed opportunity to miss out on getting this machine of mine fixed. Nakajima...Not sure who or what they are but it sounds like a name. Considering the other words they might be someone who specializes in this type of technology. In other words I think I'll go along with you, Raidou."
Penny

{As Penny arrived back at the Akarana Corridor, she carried the M16 in her tiny arms as her bugbear followed her around. Once she sees Tot, she undermines the pain she had seemingly went through and only pays attention to the fact that she’s alive. With her eyes lit up, Penny runs over towards Tot, the large gun slowing her down by a margin.} “Ooo, Miss Tot! That’s your name right? Penny got a cool gun, and some more friends! What happened over there with you? Penny wants to go with you so you can tell her.” {Just like Raidou pointed out, Rowan isn’t with them. But the little girl doesn’t seem all too phased by the loss of the party member, instead turning back to look at the others coming back. Mainly Takeno with the Espada. Penny immediately drops the M16 next to Tot and runs over to Takeno, looking up at the older woman hoping she’d give the sword to her.}
"I mean yeah, you're the little guy who hangs around the samurai and give advice and just generally do things he doesn't really want to right? That's what a mascot does." Tot lets out a little laugh. It was weird for Gotou to object to the term, but they were all different so it wasn't THAT weird. Not the weirdest thing she'd seen on this mission anyways. "Yeah, of course. Tot Pop Rockin and ready to roll!" Tot giggles a bit as she gets back to her feet, using her new guitar as a staff to pull herself up on, the girl lets out a deep breath as she smiles at Penny "So then we've got Grey going with the Samurai for the computers. The kid and I are going to the place with laughter, anyone else coming along?"
Prima had been silent for the past few minutes, mostly to catch her breath. She wasn’t feeling like she’d collapse, but the ache throughout her body still makes her hesitant to leap into the fray so soon. One... two... She counts each person present from her spot on the floor. She counts again. And again. Rowan is missing. She stares down at her clenched hands. She hadn’t known him well, but she still felt an attachment from their fight together last time. How many others will...? Prima stands up and forces a neutral expression. “I would rather not leave you two alone, so I’ll join you, Tot. Strength in numbers after all.”
The Spell Punk would need a moment to just catch itself feeling a bit worn out and needing to clam down. It pulled up its robe and readjust it before starting to pay attention to what the others were saying. The realization of knowing there was more to be done didn’t settle well at all but it made sense that it needed to continue one with the others. “This has felt so prolonged it’s gonna wear me to a thin piece at this rate. But we only have a bit more to cover so let’s divide up the resources and get through the next stretch.” The Spell Punk observed both potential paths but nothing really sends off an alarms so it decides to approach Raidou and Quintus and offers to follow them and just get through this all with haste. “Little spiked by all the hits my way but I think I can endure another round. As long as you two got no problem I’ll just keep up and keep us topside rather then down on the floor again...”
https://i.imgur.com/gaT6SB3.png
OOC: Oh wow, that's so much larger on computer than on mobile IC:Tot wastes no time getting up and pumping her fist. "Alright, that makes our set just me, the kid, and Prim here. We'll get through this next one lightning-quick and make it back in time for dinner. Good luck team!" As Tot heads out, she waves to the other set, the samurai and grey, before turning for the north-eastern hourglass. ready to begin this next step to finish their mission
Takeno

Take rested Rowan's sword on her shoulder, the other hand sitting atop the hilt of her katana. As she walked into this new room with the hourglasses, she tilted her head, glancing down at Penny and back towards the hourglasses. "I... suppose it's time we split once more. Here, kid, don't hurt yourself." She hands the sword to the child, resting it on the floor and giving it a hearty pat before looking back at her objective, pondering just what she was hearing. "Yasuo... that's Kazuya! It's talking about Kazuya! It has to be! A-And Nakajima... this is where it all began, wasn't it?" After setting aside several moments to think about her decision, she stepped towards the East hourglass. "That's where he got Pascal, right? I think so... Maybe if I go here, I can find Pascal! That'll give us an edge for sure!!"
Melbourne
Thread Creator

[With Ene staying behind to rest, Tot would lead her group to their chosen hourglass. As they move closer, the Akarana Corridor slowly shift itself. The stairways and platforms in the distance instead become buildings, cars and trees; the void becomes a large pond. Eventually, Tot, Penny and Prima would find themselves back in some park, somewhere in Tokyo. At first glance, it all seems to be alright, almost as if they made it back. The sky was clear but nearing sunset, and the breeze was gentle. The three would be sitting on a bench facing a pond. There are only two roads to take that lead anywhere that isn't just trees and grass. To the left, it is possible to notice a small group of stores with magazines and newspapers on display besides the candy and snacks being sold. To the other side, there was a playground with many kids running and playing around with swings, slides and merry-go-rounds as their parents watch them.]
- 0 -
[Raidou's group, made out Quintus, Punk and Takeno would move past the initial East hourglass and towards the one right after it. As they move along, the entire area darkens until it's absolutely void with only a single light at the end. As they keep walking, the light extends and becomes brighter, until it reveals itself as a massive screen covering an entire wall. Before they really can read anything on it, they realize they are in some kind of poorly lit control room with dozens of turned off, old-looking computer models all, except for a single one that is on in the middle right. Each row of computers was a single step lower than the last, exactly like an auditorium. On top of the previously mentioned big screen; which has in display both code and bizarre words more fitting for a black magic book, and singular turned on computer, there is an ample door behind them, seemingly unlocked.]
Go to page
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
Forgot password?