About
Contact
Donate
Register
Log in

Come to the Carnival
Click to go to bottom
It would be a few days before Akia heard from Koji once more. If he was still in town then he clearly had hid himself away where no one could easily find him. The next time she'd receive a message from him it would be in the form of a text message. The message wouldn't contain anything besides information that was prevalent to their goal. It would simply direct her that a trustworthy informant would be waiting at the carnival but would only give them a clue as to the location of The Mad World if she met with them directly. There wouldn't be much other than that, aside from directions as to where the informant was waiting. At the local carnival that had just come to town. They would be waiting by the ferris wheel near the back of the park. There was also one final warning left at the end of the message: "The Mafia knows who you are now. Be careful of suspicious individuals. There's no doubt they're already watching you." The carnival entrance would be unsurprisingly full of people. It wasn't necessarily packed full but there would be a moderately sized crowd near the entrance and throughout the park.
A casually dressed Teenager patiently waits at the back of the line at the carnival entrance, checking his phone periodically and looking around the lot. Stretching in place for a second, Itsuki looks at the crowd again to try and ascertain how long it will take him to get in. "Did this carnival just open up? How convenient, I wonder if they don't need extra help." Itsuki then informs his friends that there's a carnival in town, saying he would check it out by himself.
Akia's dressed in a gray hoodie which covers her head, and rather curiously lacks any distinctive features at the moment. She looks about like any other random person save for the oddly almost glowing eyes she sports. "Geez, talk about a mixed message. Ah well, nothing to do except go for it I guess. Can't ignore this after all." She walks through the park while bobing her head slightly to 'music', there's actually nothing playing on her omnipresent headphones right now but people don't exactly need to know that she's listening closely and paying attention to everything going on around as best she can. That'd just spoil the surprise she's trying to pull off. Not that she can really assume it'll work, but no sense in giving up at trying before she starts. "Let's see about that ferris wheel, be better if I had somebody cute ta bring along too but eh. Guess beggars can't be choosers when it comes to entertainment." The inane talking to herself belays a quick taking stock of anything which might be useful if it comes to violence, from nearby objects to possible escape routes. But she's not exactly trying to make the notes taken obvious, which is rather the point.
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#4

Upon entering the park, either person would find themselves at a venue that split off three ways. The fastest route to the ferris wheel seemed to be the rightmost path which led past several other rides as well. One of which was a small roller coaster and another was what seemed to be a random thrill ride that involved cables being attached to spinning cups that moved up and down. There were the other two paths of course, the one down the center seemed to lead past food stalls of various kinds, seeming to have food from all over the world that would prove to be incredibly unhealthy regardless of where you were from. Finally, the left most path seemed to be where most of the show tents were set up. Different tents for both musical performances and shows of talent.
She sighs while taking the rightmost path, seem of these look kinda fun actually but work's work and that's the key thing to deal with here. Therefore the young woman simply keeps on walking past and heading for her destination. Lowkey expecting it to be a trap of some kind, but there's no finding out before getting there she guesses. "Hmm, nice little place so far. Maybe I'll check some stuff out soon? I am pretty bored after all! And there's plenty to do at least." No shaking the vague sense of unease she feels right now, but what's there to do besides press on and hope she's wrong?
Itsuki makes it and takes note of all the attractions, acknoledging the show tents to the left and pointing at them realizingly "Ah, over there." He then walks up to all the show tents and listens intently for any interesting performances.
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#7

Akia upon taking the path would notice that the que for the roller coaster seemed to almost be empty. There was a kid sitting next to the ride as well on a nearby bench. They were a boy that looked around ten and had a very depressed look on their face. The expression could almost be called mortified oddly enough as if something horrible had just happened. There would also be what looked to be a couple arguing intensely near the thrill ride. It was hard to make sense out of what they were saying and even what bits that were heard were inconsistent and din't make a lot of sense. There was still no signs of anyone too suspicious that she'd be able to see. Up ahead would be the ferris wheel, beyond a larger looking crowd that was walking up ahead. Itsuki wouldn't be able to hear much from outside the tent. It seemed that whatever musical show was planned had yet to start. There was also what sounded like a comedy act coming from the tent that was the second closest to the entrance but for the most part that was it.
A depressed looking kid... Stand user? It sounds unlikely at first blush, but maybe. She'd guess kids who get them young tend to feel pretty alienated which might explain his look. And why the hell do those two seem so strange over there, could it be [An Enemy Stand] at work? Or are they just hard to understand people. She clicks her teeth before deciding to assume the worst and hope she's wrong about it. After all, if she plans for the worst and is wrong it's fine, but if she assumes the best then gets caught off guard well... That's a quick path to bad things. For now though, she keeps walking and shows no visible response to this bit of strangeness.
Disapointed by the lack of ongoing musical acts, Itsuki walks up to the comedy tent and peers inside it, trying to listen to the comedy act. "Huh?"
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#10

Akia would notice the crowd seem to grow as she stepped forward. It seemed to get to the point in which the people before her seemed to form into more of a wall. Memoria... She'd try to step through the crowd but as she got deeper and deeper into it she'd feel herself become lost. The people that once surrounded her would seem to be less like people and more like merely masses of flash that surrounded her. Eventually she'd find herself swimming through them rather than walking. The place she once was, was gone. Instead she's find herself surrounded by melted flesh that was once people. Even the sky seemed to fade as it too was coated by the flesh... Memoria... Akia upon taking the path would notice that the que for the roller coaster seemed to almost be empty. There was a kid sitting next to the ride as well on a nearby bench. They were a boy that looked around ten and had a very depressed look on their face. The expression could almost be called mortified oddly enough as if something horrible had just happened. The couple was gone. There was still no signs of anyone too suspicious that she'd be able to see. Up ahead would be the ferris wheel, beyond a larger looking crowd that was walking up ahead. ____________________________________________________________________________ Itsuki would have trouble finding there way into the tent. The area suddenly felt as though it had become isolated meaning there'd be no crowds in the way. Memoria... Within the tent was a small bored looking crowd and what seemed to be a clown up on the stage juggling knifes. As he entered the tent the people nearby would seem to begin gurgling slightly. The clown's cheerful smile would fill the tent with joy. One of the audience would fall out of their seat and begin coughing. With a sigh the clown would stop juggling and simply hold the knifes in place. The person coughing would begin to gag as if choking. Tears would stream from their face before they began spitting up what seemed to be a black tangled mess. If one were to look closer they'd see that the black tangled mass was actually several large flies tangled together with thread. The clown took one knife and aimed it at his head. He'd quickly seem to stab his own head with a smile but would pop into a bunch of confetti before it hit him. Memoria... There was also what sounded like a comedy act coming from the tent that was the second closest to the entrance but for the most part that was it. Suddenly, they'd hear what seemed like a warm up starting in the first tent. The show wasn't quite open but a band seemed to be tuning their instruments within. The third tent was dusty and old. Flies were swarming around it.
Akia has a very strange sense of deja vu for some reason while she advances through the path, this almost seems as though it had just happened mere moments ago. But that can't be the case right. She sighs while turning to face the strange child as well, what kinda kid is that sad in a place like this? The woman chooses to find out by walking over towards him, and manifesting I Am Machine's arm upon her shoulder, seeing if his eyes are drawn to it. "Hey there, you don't seem to be having a great time. Anything ya wanna talk about or something? Weird to say I know, but you might say that it's my hobby helping people I guess." She can't help feeling something should be different right now, but oh well. That doesn't matter, what matters is finding out if this kid's a Stand User and then moving on to her goal... Maybe taking a bit to actually help if he wants, too.
Itsuki approached the comedy tent for a brief moment but stopped mid-way when he heard the tuning of instruments. "Oh, they must be getting ready. I think i'll just wait in the tent, if that's the case." Itsuki then approaches the first tent and tries to get in, listening intently to the warm up session.
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#13

The kid just continues looking down, not wanting to make eye contact with Akia or anyone. They answer her hesitantly as if he wasn't quite sure what to say. "I-I'm not sure where my parents are. I wanted to ride the roller coaster but I was turned away and told that I couldn't ride without an adult." He'd point to the roller coaster's entrance, still devoid of a line and with a bored looking employee standing at the entrance. Itsuki would find that the entrance to the first tent was unguarded and that inside there seemed to be a few band members preparing to perform. Based on their look they seemed to be from America. Most likely a group that was hired by the Carnival to fly all the way out. There would be a guitarist sitting in the stands and tuning his guitar, a drummer that was on stage trying to make sure everything was in place, and a keyboard player that was simply sitting at his keyboard with a drowsy look.
The manifested hand of her Stand absently moves down, clearly going through his eye level for a moment. She'd sigh upon hearing that, something so simple... Well, she could help though if he isn't an enemy stand user. "Well, I'm an adult. Maybe I can give you a hand if it's just something like that!" There is his reaction to her Stand to worry with though, if any. It's also kind of a waste of time really, but eh. Doing something nice for some kid is just her style even if there is work to be done.
Not wanting to interupt the performers, Itsuki whispers quietly under his breath "Eh?" He then looks to the side, putting his hands his pockets staring absent-mindedly at the tent's interior. Feeling awkward, Itsuki merely hangs out at the back of the stands and checks his phone while curiously observing the artists tuning their instruments.
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#16

Still, the boy didn't seem to react at all but he'd look up to Akia with a hopeful glance. "Really? Will you ride the ride with me then?" The boy would wait to see if she was going to go and que up for the ride as well. It was clear though that he wasn't trying to raise his hopes up too high. As time passed for Itsuki, the band would seem to finish setting up. Nobody seemed to notice him as other staff and crew members came in to make sure everything was in order. Before they knew it the tent would begin opening up to the public as people began to slowly enter one by one.
She chuckles slightly, the lack of reaction means one of two things. He's either a good actor, or he just isn't a Stand User. Second seems more liable and thus she'd nod before getting in line. "Heh, why not. I can spare a little time for something like that I think. Time doesn't appear to be in overly short supply right now." There's that feeling of something werid again, like events have already gone over this frame differently...? But eh, that can't be the case since she only just got here right? Nothing to worry about for now. She can't even see a Stand after all.
Itsuki's nervousness gets quickly washed over by his anticipation and he sits back relaxed in the stands, waiting patiently for the performance to start. "I wonder what kind of song they're going to play..."
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#19

The kid would quickly pull Akia over to the ride, his depressed look from before suddenly replaced with excitement. It wouldn't take long for the staff member to allow them to go on the ride. Memoria... It was like a blur... Memories fading in and out... Akia would find herself on the ride now. The cart she and the kid were in would be climbing up a section of the track before a drop. ???: "Memoria...Memoria...Memoria... Fate is a strange thing, is it not?" The voice speaking to her would sound close but there was nobody in the cart other than her and the boy and the voice sounded too old to possibly belong to a child. Not to mention that his mouth didn't seem to move either. ____________________________________________________________________________ The seats would soon fill up as it seemed as though everyone in the carnival had been waiting for a chance to see the band play. As soon as the last seat was filled the band would introduce themselves before their performance was about to begin. They did a traditional countdown but upon reaching 1... Memoria... Itsuki would now find themselves in what seemed to be a different place. They were still sitting in a tent but nobody else was there now. The tent's walls were dusty and old, garbage seemed to be strewn about the floor, and flies were swarming around certain areas of the tent. Itsuki would suddenly hear a voice coming from the stage. ???: "Are you still aware? I don't have a good memory but I'm only supposed to be targeting those with the potential right now, I think? Did I just slip up or perhaps do you have secrets left to unveil?"
That voice... God dammit, this is an Enemy Stand isn't it? If that's the case though then who's the user. Might be someone from acting from a distance, fucking ranged types. She hates those things, always such damn cowards who won't fight straight up. Her Stand manifests and begins speaking for her, not wanting to scare the kid. Only the head appears though, staring through its visor as Akia closes her eyes and focuses to try and look through the being's eyes rather than her own. "Heh, a strange thing you say... Sure it is. Personally, I've always liked to think that it's mostly what we make of it though. But what makes you bring up something like this right now, and who are you anyways? Beyond what I assume to be an Enemy Stand, of course." This is hardly the ideal place to be at the moment, considering she's got nowhere to move towards if pressed. But even so, there's gotta be something to work with right?
"Nani!?" Itsuki jumps up from his seat, looking around the tent then back at the force. An armored, regal phantom levitates behind Itsuki. The phantom appeared to take a defensive stance, anticipating an attack. "What's going on? I don't remember walking in here." The phantom behind him then speaks up, in his commanding voice. Chrom: "That's strange, my body feels hazy as well. Be on your guard, Itsuki!" Itsuki nods determinedly and faces the mysterious voice, accosting it slowly while gripping the air as if he was holding a light sword.
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#22

The cart is about to reach the peak of the tracks when it would stop momentarily. Despite this the voice would continue speaking. "Who am I? Uh...Hmmmm...I don't have a name to give as I forgot what it was. You shouldn't even bother trying to tell me anything. I have a horrible memory and can only retain details like my employers name. Oh, I guess I can tell you about that. I'm an assassin who works for the mafia. I've been hired to kill you, miss. But of course, the roller coaster is about to get to the best part." The boy from before would suddenly be gone and a hand quickly seemed to pull away from Akia's seat belt before disappearing into the seat behind her. Her seat belt would come undone as the cart began to descend. She wouldn't even have a moment to react as she could feel her body beginning to lift out of the cart. Itsuki would begin to see a flickering image appear on the stage. It would be a man with long, unkempt hair with an unnatural dark shade of blue to it. He wore a rather cheap looking coat of a similar color to his own hair and had what looked to be a notebook attached to his belt. He'd seem to pull up the notebook and look it over. "Let's see...Yeah, you're not my target. Doesn't even seem to mention you here. Whatever, less to remember for me. Seems you already have a...what's it called....a thing? Guess you don't need one of these pills they gave me then. Hey, kid. Try not to get in my way. I've got to...I have to...uh...who am I killing...Right, the girl by the coaster...I think that's right? Wait...Your stand talks? Itsuki...Wait! Itsuki!" Suddenly, the image of the man disappears from the tent. Itsuki would begin feeling their head clear as they suddenly recalled how they ended up here. They had first tried to enter the comedy tent but had stalled for some reason at the entrance. In the amount of time they remained frozen the show started in the third tent but they for some reason had wandered into the first tent, where they were now.
The woman seethes with burning rage, just hearing that little speech is more than enough to make her want this stand user dead. Killing people for money with a power like this... She clicks her teeth while her body save the head becomes metal. "A killer for hire huh, guess I've gotta put an end to your career then. Using a Stand for something like that, it really makes me angry honestly. But whatever." There is the slight matter of her starting to be tossed into the air though, that's an issue but not one she's unable to solve. She's got no time to react before that begins, but as soon as it does her focus would be placed upon finding something else she could move to as a long grappling hook takes shape within her now cybernetic right arm. It's not perfect, but if she can get something like that then survival becomes far more likely.
"That didn't make any sense, we have to stop that man." Upon realization of the gravity of the situation, Itsuki rushes out of the tent and goes back to where the pathes split off, heading down the path to the right this time and urgently checking through all the coasters to make sure no one was in danger.
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#25

The only point in the carnival that would be high enough for Akia to reach in time with he grappling hook would the top of the thrill ride from before. It was currently active but it looked though a section of the very top of it still seemed to remain completely still while the rest of it was spinning. Itsuki would find that he would have no trouble moving freely at the moment, as if anything that had impeded him before was simply gone now. Even the crowds seemed smaller, possibly due to the show that had started. Over near the attractions he'd find what looked to be a girl in a strange daze and a man staring at her from a bench and holding a knife in his hand. It seemed as though everyone else was staying away from the area for one reason or another and that they perhaps didn't even notice the man or the girl there. Of course, he'd be able to recognize the man as the one he saw earlier in the tent.
The woman sighs as her hook darts off for the top, it isn't exactly a good idea but it's the only idea she has for now. From there the idea becomes to simply get back down, that and find some way of getting the time to record this info... Of course, given she isn't currently using it for anything else I Am Machine would pick up the young woman's phone. Digging it through with shocking speed and dexterity to try and write this encounter's gist down while its master focuses on attempting to get herself back to solid ground. "Yeesh, now way to even be sure that his Stand won't undo that work. But I guess there's telling unless I try huh? Course, there's also the matter of not dying, very important thing to focus on here..."
Itsuki notices the man but tries to avoid being spotted by him. "That man again..." In a quick, calculated movement, Itsuki reaches his hand out as he jumps through the air. Chrom materializes in front of his hand and takes the form of the Falchion, regal armor covering Itsuki in turn. Channeling the conductive power of handwriting into the air, Itsuki calls forth a small but quick lightning bolt aimed at the hand in which the man held the knife.
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#28

Memoria... Akia would find herself back on the ground. She'd be able to feel as her memories once again became hazy. There would be an uncertainty as to what had just happened. Akia upon taking the path would notice that the que for the roller coaster seemed to almost be empty. A man sat on a bench nearby. He had long and messy hair that was blue in coloration and wore a cheap coat of a similar color to his hair. He also had on his belt what looked to be a notebook. He'd pull the notebook up and seem to write something inside before retuning it to where it once was. "Well, that was fun. I'll keep that recorded so I can get a little closer to learning your capabilities. Not that you'd be aware of what just happened. So, what should we do next?" The man would only be interrupted by the arrival of Itsuki which actually seemed to dour his mood a bit. The lightning would singe his hand, causing the knife to fly out of it and for him to exclaim with a bit of pain. "Ow- what was that for? Didn't I tell you to stay out of this? I don't want to have to kill anyone aside from my target. That'd be too much to remember!"
Ituski merely points his sword toward the man, loosening his elbows to allow himself to move more freely as he shouts. "I don't care what you say, you're my enemy now!" He then approaches the man cautiously, getting inbetween him and Akia. Keeping his weapon trained on the man, Itsuki gestures to the girl behind him. "Hey, you! Run to safety while you still can!"
An entirely ordinary person walks into the carnival none the wiser. The girl’s long, silver hair billows in the wind as she heads inside “Haven’t been to one of these before.. this really the kind of thing that used to be cool?”
Akia stares blankly at the man for a moment. Target, kill... This guy must be the Stand User. "Tear him open, now." The cybernetic Stand would rush forward alongside her master, Akia really doesn't know what the hell happened. But if her inhumanly fast stand managed to grab onto his skull it'd begin crushing with enough force to shatter steel, let alone a man. Frankly she doesn't expect this to work, but it's worth a shot given how clearly an enemy this man is. "Come on, if you'd just do me a favor then remembering stuff won't be an issue anymore. You can just die, much easier for all involved." She'd chuckle at Itsuki's words, the concern is touching but she's hardly helpless. Though, gotta figure out the trick going on here... "I appreciate the help pal, but I'm trying to beat this guy too... I'm not completely sure what he did, but wanting me dead is reason enough to fight."
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#32

The man would seemingly be unable to do anything back in retaliation. Memoria... His skull would be pressed by the stand as he could do nothing but helplessly try to summon his own stand. A humanoid figure would appear behind him. It was oddly infant in nature being much smaller than an average humanoid stand and with weak arms the could barely manage anything. The only unique feature of it would be the many question marks covering its body and a gas mask that seemed fused with its face. It's weak arms would attempt to try and pry Akia's stand's arms off but to no avail. The man's head would be crushed leaving nothing but a bloody mess behind. He was for all intent and purpose dead. Memoria... Akia would suddenly feel a hand being shoved onto her mouth, trying to force a pill into her mouth. The hand would quickly pull away as soon as she became aware as the man was now a couple feet behind her. "That was a brutal death. So, I'll offer you one just as brutal. That pill is one that contains the stand virus in a refined state. To normal people it has about a 90% chance to grant them a stand and a 10% chance to kill them outright but when a stand user takes the pill they instantly become ill and unable to move for around an hour." He'd be reading off his notebook while holding a bottle with 2 more pill inside in his other hand. "Not being able to move? Better spit out that pill before it dissolves in your mouth." The pill will have already began dissolving inside Akia's mouth as whatever chemical was inside began spilling out. Meanwhile... Setsuna would be at the entrance to the carnival. Three paths laid before them. The one to the left seemed to lead to a couple tents where shows were being performed. It seemed that a musical performance occurring in the third tent had just gone into intermission. The middle path seemed to lead to a variety of concession stands. The right path would finally lead to where all the rides were, including a roller coaster, a ferris wheel, and a random-looking thrill ride. The right path was oddly less crowded than the others.
Setsuna glances off to the left, it’s where the big show was being held, but she didn’t come here to sit still for an hour with all those gross sweaty people. She marks off the middle as, having just entered, Setsuna wasn’t hungry, there wasn’t much of a reason to try all the overpriced junk here. And so, Setsuna heads silently down the right path. It wasn’t super crowded so there was a decent chance she’d be able to get on one of the rides and actually do something.
She'd try to do that, but who even knows anymore. Assuming she managed to get rid of it the woman would sigh while staring over at her enemy. There has to be some answer to how he lived through that, some way of explaining this... "That's a strange thing to have on hand. And how'd you'd survive anyways, does you stand give you immortality too or what?" He may not even remember what it actually does, wouldn't shock her. But if he does, maybe he'll be willing to monolouge a bit, that's almost always helpful in such situations...
A tall, teenage girl skipped towards the entrance of the carnival, holding her phone up towards the air and seemingly talking to nothing but the audience that's going to watch this soon. "HEYEVERYONEIT'SJOJOWELCOMEBACKTOMYCHANNELAeveyhusjkdfbvn..." The phone in her hand shook violently as she whipped around her blonde ponytail round to explain to the people that she's at a carnival now. In record time?
Woz
#36

The wandering prophet, as if drawn by the strings of fate, was the latest arrival. Time was tenuous to him so he may as well have arrived first for all he cared. The threeway split led him toward the food stands, having not eaten along his journey in quite some time. "A carnival... hmm? Rather intriguing a place, no? Perhaps I'll find why I was guided here now?"
"Was he right behind that girl a second ago? He must be really fast, I need to get close." Itsuki hurries over to the girl's side, holding his sword horizontally and attempting to rush down the enemy. Moving as fast he could, Itsuki attempts to graze the man's arm with the side of hius blade. Chrom: "Our only chance at victory is finding out the secret behind this man's power. Let's try and keep him at bay for as long as we can!"
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#38

"I don't actually remember my stand's name but it has the ability to manipulate the memories it has stored and the memories of everyone within its influence. Regardless of what you believe you were doing you won't remember it for long. That is the power of my stand. In a sense it is immortality though in truth anyone who works for the boss is actually much stronger than I am. Well, not that you'll ever figure out why. You won't even remember why even if you do find out." While the pills effect wouldn't have completely kicked given it was spit out, Akia would no doubt at least feel a partial influence as her own stand's power began to waiver slightly. Memoria... Itsuki would find his sword grazing his enemies arm as he didn't even attempt to move out of the way. Memoria... Suddenly, Itsuki would find himself in his previous position before moving, as if nothing had happened at all. "Oh yeah...you're here. I forgot all about you honestly. Don't bother even trying to do anything. Someone with such a simple stand can't even hope to hurt me. When it comes to the physical world my stand has no weakness. Now, how should I try to kill you both next? Oh..." The man would turn to face Setsuna who had just appeared. Memoria... He'd suddenly, appear in front of the girl with several darts in his hand. "Hello there, miss. We're currently having a special contest where we randomly select people to enter a special game. The rules are simple, just throw these darts and try to pop the balloons. No need to be concerned, we have this area cleared for a reason." Setsuna would no longer be able to see Akia or Itsuki as they are. Instead, she'd see moving balloons in front of her. The man would try to hand her 6 darts and prompt her to try and pop the balloons in front of her. Woz would see the options for food sprawled out before him. One tent was serving fried noddles and BBQ, another would be serving Takoyaki, and finally there's be stall simply serving what they called "American Food".
“Eh, really? Alright then.” Setsuna just accepts the darts, too startled to note anything else about them. The balloons moving was a neat trick but that’s probably what the six darts were for. Setsuna’s at least thrown rocks at birds before, this probably isn’t too different. The balloons weren’t too far so she wouldn’t need to curve it. So Setsuna’d casually throw a dart directly at each balloon, one at a time as she asks. “What’s the prize?”
Woz
#40

American Food. That stuck out the most, and things sticking out traditionally are to be expected at a carnival, but this? Needless to say it was vague enough to pique Woz's interest, so he walked up to the stall to inspect the menu, if there were any. "Curious to say the least..."
Itsuki, instead of repeating his attack, merely stands still in shock "What do you mean physical world? What other kind of weaknesses can it have?" Itsuki stands close to Akia, holding the Falchion close to him and surveying the area. He notices the person throwing darts at him and slices through them to knock them out of the air before they hit him. He would also try to move out of the way, doubling his chance to avoid the darts. "Oh, I get it now. He's not fast, he's just deluding us. That person probably thinks we're a carnival game!"
(edited by Itsuki_Aoi)
In the physical world huh... So there's a way to do something about it beyond the phyiscal world, this Stand must have some more esoteric means of being taken down. But as for this girl, low move using a random person to be sure. Can't kill her even if it would work as a defense. Her Stand should in theory be able to easily catch something from the air, normally. Given its current state though she also attempts to dodge them herself. But this isn't really going to do anything about the core issue here. How the hell do they get out of this fucker's memory nonsense? If they can figure that out, then taking him down will become possible... "Immune in the physical world huh, but there's always some trick that can be worked with. Oi new guy, you got any ideas about getting out from this guy's control?" Maybe he noticed something she hasn't so far because up to now the entire thing has indeed almost seemed unbeatable. Not that she's willing to give up, but there's something being missed here...
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#43

The darts of course would appear to Setsuna as if they had simply missed. As if the balloons had suddenly increased in speed to try and dodge her darts. The man would hold up the pill bottle, being devoid of a label. The pills inside suddenly looked gold in color. "The prize is these two specially carved golden nuggets of happiness. They're both made from 100% real gold and said to bring their owner good luck. Seems you missed those first two shots but you still should have...uh...a few more darts right?" The menu Woz would find would present questionable options in regards for "American" food: HamaBarger Frie SteamedDog Girlled Cheese The people working there as well almost seemed to be somewhat unaware as they spoke in exaggerated English but with clearly empty, cold expressions.
Oh, lovely. There’s no enthusiasm in Setsuna’s voice when she looks at the bottle. It looks cool, but it’s probably one of those cheap souvenirs. Not that she can really complain about it being free. Setsuna has just hoped for a stuffed animal “Cheapskate.” Setsuna mutters as she takes aim once more. She was pretty sharp, remembering which balloon moved how when she first threw. They were probably strung on wires so, now that she had an idea where those wires would be. “Watch this!” Setsuna throws her remaining 4 darts underhanded, aiming one at each balloon, and one in the direction they had been moving in. In other words, two darts would fly at Akio, one directly at her and one in the direction she’d dodged earlier. Afterwards, two darts would fly at Itsuki, one directly at him and one in the direction he had dodged earlier.
"If we do figure it out, he'l probably make us forgot again. Let's just... try stuff at random? Maybe it won't work if we don't use our minds?" Itsuki again puts up his sword to try and defend himself from the darts. He then holds his hand out to again sign his signature, but a microphone shows up in his hand instead. "Also, cover your ears. This shouldn't hurt, but just to be safe." Itsuki screams into the microphone, knocking back anyone touched by the sound waves. In addition, a giant energy projectile traveled along the sound wave on the point where Itsuki held the mike, traveling quickly towards the enemy and the citizen that was throwing darts and then exploding into a spread of cripling lightning on impact. "Wait, the citizen! I'm sure they're alright, but..."
Akia... Isn't entirely sure what to do at this point, so far nothing has made itself clear in terms of what exactly might defend against the effects of this man's memory control. Nothing at all, her Stand absently forms a new part for its left arm which she mirrors. Bursts of sparks rushing from the thing towards the girl, which if they hit Setsuna would function much akin to a taser. Not capable of killing a healthy person, but easily able to stun or knock out for a while. "I'm hoping that they won't do anything else after that, honestly. As for doing random things... Maybe, but I think there must be some rhyme or reason to it all... There's a way out of this power, somewhere." Not that she knows what the fuck it is, but every Stand has a weakness somewhere.
Koji-Reiko
Thread Creator
#47

Memoria... Both Akia and Itsuke would find themselves standing in their original spots from before. They would find themselves back in the places they were when the man's game had begun. To Setsuna it would appear as though the balloons had been popped and that she had won the game. The man didn't even attempt to hide his disappointment as he spoke. "It seems like you won. Tsk, didn't expect another happy ending." He'd then address Akia and Itsuke directly. "Careful there or I might just let those attacks become lethal to those you aim them at. I can amplify memories too, like layering them on top of each other. I wonder what would happen if someone were to take such attacks multiple time over. Bit unfortunate that I can't just aim the memories of your own attacks back at you but that's fine. We have plenty of time to keep playing these games and there's nothing either or you can do to stop me. Unless I'm forgetting something that is."
Itsuki holds his weapon to the side, glaring at the strange man and clenching a fist. "How can you forget something that important? That seems a bit clumsy." However, feeling a dread sense of hopelessness overcome him, Itsuki refrains from directly attacking the enemy. Instead, he sticks close to Akia and takes a defensive stance while facing the strange man.
Akia stares over at their enemy... Something he forgot, so that is the case. The question is if she can even remember this weakness. A weakness of the foe not being entirely immune to their own Stand's power. And there's also the question how how best to make use of this, maybe if he forgets that Itsuki is an enemy at all...? Or if they could get someone else, someone who their attacker doesn't know and isn't able to keep track of. For now, she'd whisper to the other fighter. "Maybe he'll forget you're fighting him, stop keeping you trapped or something... That bad memory, it's his weakness. We need to figure how to exploit it though." With that said and done, she'd hear his bit about repeating the attacks upon this annoying girl and glare towards the enemy Stand User. She is pissed off, to be sure. But she's also playing it up and scowling while pointing an outstretched hand at him and clenching a fist tightly. "Tch, so that's the kind of Stand User you are huh? Hiding behind threats to random normal people... Guys like you are lower than dirt, but I guess there's nothing to be done about it." She can only hope that her theory about this guy forgetting Itsuki can be put to practice, stepping forward in a defensive manner while maintaining her over the top pose and trying to draw attention.
"hm?" Setsuna raises an eyebrow, she'd kinda thought the whole game was staged so the man's reaction was weird. Still, she remembered what she was promised earlier, so Setsuna brings up a cocky grin and points to herself "I didn't cheat or anything, so you'd better give me that prize you promised. Those happy nuggets or whatever."
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
×
Log in
Forgot password?
×