About
Contact
Donate
Register
Log in

First It Giveth: If Only / Smooth Sailing
Click to go to bottom
Another night, all seems normal, for the most part... Until the orange lights return, bringing more strange creatures and gates to Shibuya. A loud sound of chains rattling and falling to the ground reverberates throughout. Sounds like one of them just opened. Be prepared, this one won't be the same as the last.
A younger woman sniffs the air, her wolf-like ears twitching eagerly as she finds herself drawn to the sound of chains. "hehehehe.... Interesting. Very interesting." The woman chuckles to herself. It had been a while since she'd gotten to partake in something truly insane.... The mere thought of it gets her blood pumping. "I wonder what prey we'll meet here.... Hehehe..."
A moderate-sized black cat strolled about in the din of the night. Only to stop when her parked ears caught the rustle of chains on the distance. This kitty planned to have a short dinner and then make her way to bed in the mossy hole of a tree. Yet, the night was young with so many intriguing noises. Guess I could wander around some more. Anyone else would hear this as the mewlings of a stray.
(edited by Freya)
The local shiba has decided to take a walk on tonight of all nights. The change in the atmosphere brings a damper to his little trot, but he’s not sure what’s going on, so onwards he goes. But suddenly, there, in the shadows! A creature that brings out his primal instincts... “Arf arf!” Koromaru starts dashing towards the black cat.
Freya sees a big big headind right for her and immediately arches her back. Her fur prickles along her spine as she hisses to drive the dog away. Away foul beast! She swings out the claws on her left pay to appar even more menacing.
A man in his late 20s with short brown hair wearing a shirt that reads "You shall not pass" would wander down the city streets... His eyes light up with a gleam though upon sensing the strange atmosphere in this place, and he'd whip out a phone on reflex while begining to type something blazing fast. The two animals don't draw his notice, but the woman moving towards these chain noises does. "Yo, you another investigator of sorts like myself? Call me Prometheus if ya want a name, and if you don't mind I'll be staying further away from whatever is causing this. I work best far away." He doesn't feel any need to say more than that for now... Though a glance at her through the mad symbols of his Mage Sight would raise a curious eyebrow, data flowing in his mind and taking on the shape of strings of code which present the fact her pattern is not merely made of life. But matter as well... A question for a bit later.
That stops Koromaru’s charge, but the shiba keeps yipping and hopping from side to side, circling the cat. He’s testing how close he can get to the feline. Is this a game to him? It’s a mystery even to him but he’s clearly enjoying himself. This standoff will keep on going till something else snags his attention...
"Ya didn't wanna get close to me anyways. Hehehe..." Lappland looks back at this Prometheus, looking over him quickly... Doesn't look that strong. Pretty average build and not particularly fit. Boring, yet her instincts tell her they'd be a more interesting fight than he'd look. "Lappland. I'm just here since there's something to kill. Like you." The woman draws her sword in an instant, pointing it at Prometheus just to see his reaction before letting out another laugh.
TheAnonymous
Thread Creator
#9

Suddenly, there's the sound of footsteps... Something's close. "YOU KILLED US YOU KILLED US YOU KILLED US" is being shouted by a distorted voice nearby as well. Suddenly, some strange creatures lunge out of the shadows into the path that'd lead you to the gate. They seem to look sorta human... With the exception of the obviously bird parts. They stare at Lappland and Prometheus before charging at them, very ready to attack.
Feya is about to bite at the dog's leg. Lucky for the dog some bird things come out from nowhere and that catches Freya's attention. With the precision of a skilled hunter she leaps onto the closest tall object that happens to be the fluffy dog woman and tries to snatch a bird thing from the air. With her claws and tiny jaw. My food!
“Aroo?” Koromaru stops taunting the cat and turns around to see... Shadows? They smell weird but he’s not sure what else they could be. Whatever they are they’re attacking people. He takes a deep breath and howls to the sky. “AWOOOO!” Joining him are three more howls from a three-headed canine wreathed in blue flames. This beast, Cerberus, gathers flame in each of its jaws and spits it out. When hitting their feathery targets, the fireballs will erupt into a pillar of flame.
"You're gonna have to be a lot more specific. Hehehe..." Lappland turns around at the accusation, making note of the bird-like shadows. The woman brings her sword around... Only to find a... Regular cat climbing her? "You're a brave one aren't you? Think its a little dangerous for someone your size." Lappland thrusts her sword forward, aiming to allow the shadow charging her to impale itself on her sword. Who knows, if it gets far enough to cat might get to claw it.
The Mage's eyes just gleam at her, simply smiling calmly and staring down the sword without a second thought. "Oh, are we doing that... Geez, fucken supernaturals... If you want to kill each other I guess we can. B-" His rant would be cut off by the shouting, and by the things charging at them. He'd just smirk a bit and point the phone at them, he goes through a few quick motions of typing up something before... Well the creatures suddenly slow down to an unbearable crawl, their speed being divided down to a mere fraction of its former state as velocity itself shifts against the Willworker's enemies. "Guess we should probably kill those things, they don't seem very reasonable at all... Well I've slown em down for you all, lemme know if more help is needed k?" He smirks a bit while observing from afar, clearly a bit amused by the now sluggish beasts.
"Me? Need help? With this few? Hehehehe." Still, if the creatures are getting slowed down Lappland would no longer be able to let them impale themselves, instead she's going to have to slash through the nearest one, in a way that's unlikely to give the cat their chance to shine. Sad. "But I guess you've probably never heard of me before. So I'll forgive the insult. Aren't I so gracious?"
TheAnonymous
Thread Creator
#15

Most of the creatures get knocked away by the fire, as if they have little amounts of gravity pulling on them, one of them gets quite close to Lappland before slowing down due to Prometheus' spell, but that gives said birdman enough time to notice that she had intended for him to impale himself on her sword, which he smacks away and proceeds to bite any part of exposed flesh possible. Is what he wanted to do before getting slashed instead. Way to go. Well, the creatures notice one their speed's suddenly decreased, so they decide to run toward each other slowly, eventually meeting up and fusing into a blobby mess of arms, bird legs, eyeballs, and one huge gnashing mouth, which it opens to yell "YOU WERE OUR SAVIOR, WHY?".
Freya continues attempting to attack the now big bird with her claws but her reach is not really good. That won't stop her from trying though. nnnngggagmmm cmon birdies.
"Now that can't possibly be me. They talkin' ta you?" Lappland asks the cat before reaching, first to pet the cat and lower its guard, so she can casually grab the cat and toss it back on the ground. "Little ones like you should stay back a bit. This won't take long." As long as the cat is off them one way or another, they'll make a few quick steps towards the blob, ending a few feet away before slashing at the air between them. The air Lappland slashes seems to crystalize around her blade while keeping its momentum, sending a wave of force at the blobby mass.
The Mage sighs as their foe gets bigger, that's a bit annoying... But it can be worked with he supposes, more than one way to destroy your foes after all. And he has the perfect plan in mind this time, the ground below their enemy would become a bowl filled with liquid nitrogen to be exact, the absurdly cool liquid already starting to boil even as their enemy falls into the pit full to the brim with it. He does take care to avoid getting the sword fighter in its range as well though. Truly nice of him, in his mind. "Hmm, hopefully a little freezing will do something to them... If not well, I can find something else I suppose." Prommie just smiles and observes quietly for the moment, pondering his next move if this doesn't take care of things for them.
Freya squirms in Lappland's grip until she is tossed to the floor. She lands gracefully of course but is still pissed by this action. Hey! That is my food you meanie! Freya indignantly mewls. She takes her frustration out on Lappland's legs with her claws using those legs as a scratching post.
(edited by Freya)
TheAnonymous
Thread Creator
#20

The creature seems to stand still. It simply takes the crystallized air slash. It's caught off-guard by the ground changing into a bowl of liquid nitrogen, but it quickly adapts by stretching its arms out to keep itself from falling in, it turns into a spherical shape. It then seems to get fleshy spikes before it dips itself into the liquid nitrogen, letting itself freeze to some extent, it lifts itself out. The blob then starts using its unfrozen arms to roll itself towards the group, once it gains some sort of speed, it sucks its arms back into itself.
An englishman dashes into the street where this is taking place, lifting his fedora and observing the creature rapidly approaching. He then stops right besides Prommie, holding his palm face up and creating a rune with a depressive shade of blue in mid-air. "Phillip Bennington on the scene! Let's put this little birdie to sleep!" He would then hold his hand in front of the rune, palm facing towards the creature. As his hand glows the depressive hue, the creature suddenly feels as if it worked retail. This feeling would manifest itself as a crushing weight, causing the creature to sink into the ground and halt it's approach. "Pretty little thing, ain't it? Hope it's not some mindless abomination, 'else i'm really in trouble."
TheAnonymous
Thread Creator
#22

OOC: Probably should've stated that the thread is on pause right now.
Koromaru growls at the Bird Ball and dashes to the side to get out of its path. Cerberus follows and sends out more fire from its leftmost jaws. The Bird Ball keeps shifting and it smells wrong. Cerberus hovers on front of him, a shield should the Bird Ball change direction.
"tch. Little pest. Stay out of my way!" Lappland exclaims after receiving a few new battle scars, before moving to kick the cat away from her. This leaves her with less time than she'd've liked to deal with the ball, satisfying herself by pivoting to dodge sideways out of its way while its rolling.
TheAnonymous
Thread Creator
#25

It was a good attempt by Phillip, but once the frozen bird ball is rolling, it can't stop, no matter what amount of thoughts of working a dead-end job in a Wal-Mart you put into it. The fire slightly thaws part of it, exposing a weak point once it crashes into a building.
FOUR
#26

And now, enter. A soft spoken man steps from the shadows, a mask obscuring his face with a large cube attached to his shoulder. Tapping the floor with an odd cane before clearing his voice Ahem! You lot are brutish and ugly. What this scene needs is a true artist! The man then brandishs a large hand cannon while affixing the cane to his leg, tap dancing his way down towards the building the monstrosity hit One, two, three, four, two, two, three, four! I will make you beautiful!
(edited by FOUR)
“Woof, woof!” Koromaru bounds towards the bird ball, and Cerberus floats after him. One of the heads lobs a fireball towards the exposed area. He refrains from a full-on wildfire so his allies can get a good shot in too. The new person is weird but he’s not sure if they’re friend or foe so he just keeps his distance.
Freya is indignant after she is kicked out of the path of the bird by some rude girl. She lands on her face after the blow but hisses from where she lies. She would claw the face of her new enemy before the day gave out.
"Tch... Stupid pests keep getting in my way. Now I've gotta blow off some steam..." Lappland lets out an irritated growl as she approaches the bird ball again. She keeps a safe distance away from the fireball.... Only for some weirdo to come dancing down? Either way the wolf-girl gives them a smirk "You gonna stand there throwing insults or are ya plannin' on throwin' somethin' substantial?" As soon as the fireball burns away, Lappland steps in with a thrust at the ball's weak spot, making sure to get extremely close to her opponent for the follow-up
FOUR
#30

Inspiring! A real Cerberus! The symbolism is simply divine! Upon seeing the dog summon a spirit dog that spit fire Jhin is spurred into action, twirling his gun in his hand before aiming and firing two bullets towards the head of the beast, softly counting One! Two! Jhin then turns and smiles at Lappland, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a lotus flower with blades instead of petals, taking a deep breath of the artificial flower Art cannot be rushed. Every minute detail must. Be. Perfect.
(edited by FOUR)
TheAnonymous
Thread Creator
#31

The flames, although hitting the open spot, slightly thaw the ball, and as it adjusts to not being fully frozen... It gets stabbed in a spot where it gathered all its vital organs. It dissipates into a puddle of shadowy liquid. That problem is taken care of. An orb of orange light flies out of the puddle and it seems to zoom down the path the birdmen appeared from.
So was it a Shadow? Koromaru doesn’t know but the Bird Ball is gone so that’s - hey, where’s that thing going? The shiba engages in the ultimate passtime of dogs: chasing after balls. He yips and sprints after the orb of light.
"Excellent work, team. Well, from the looks of things that wasn't the end of it. Energization, onward!" He would then conjure forth a energizing lightning rune, dissipating it into the air around him and illuminating himself with an electric glow. In one rapid movement, he would follow the trail of the light at his top speed, not once slowing down due to fatigue.
"Guess I should have known... That wasn't nearly enough." Lappland spits on the ground, her mood fowled by this fight, which did little more than give a mocking taste of what she desired. With no other indication, the girl follows after the orb as well, looking around for the next thrill
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
×
Log in
Forgot password?
×