About
Contact
Donate
Register

Go to page
Click to go to bottom
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Shadow Sen: "Is that seriously the best you have? That a few people decided to dress up in costumes so they have to be superheros? Don't be ridiculous." The Shadow dismisses them with a sigh, simultaneously speaking down to Sen and her friends.. Or former friends at least. Sen: "Don't play dumb. If you're supposed to be me you should remember everything we've been through!" Shadow Sen: "Oh? Then please tell me how I'm wrong?" Sen looks down, over at the left shoulder that Asami might remember bears a mark hidden by her sleeve. Sen seems a little nostalgic as she recalls the missing scene. Sen: "If it weren't for Rei and Kokoro I probably would have been trapped in Purgatory forever. You can't just dismiss everything we've done as playing dress-up. Its not fair! I'd never do something like that." Its far too late by the time Sen realizes her mistake. It might not have been the exact phrase, but their shadow doesn't seem to care. Letting out a low laugh. Shadow Sen: "And now you're accusing me of being unfair. Hilarious. Well, if I'm free from the burden of being you, I guess I don't have to hide behind this mask of self-righteousness anymore, do I? This trial is as good as over. Unsurprisingly the defendant has been found guilty, so now all that's left is the execution. Don't worry, this won't take nearly as long as the real one does." The central part of the court lights up a little more, enough for one to discern the now dirty. A few shadows emerge from the ground, resembling twisted roses, barbed with hundreds of thorns, with a large maw emerging from the center of their petals. Strange Girl: "Hey Hey! Threatening someone you just met? Sumeragi-sensei's so scaaaryyy." Despite my words, I don't really care that much, if anything their meaningless show of self-defense is adorable. I really can't help but laugh at the absurdity. But at least the boy's a bit faster on the pickup. Pheles: "You really should already know who I am, its written down somewhere in this place. Oh, but you missed that piece, didn't you? Hehehehe... Probably the most important one. I'm Pheles, one of the two managers of Purgatory. You could say I'm their boss. They contracted with Mephis and I of their own free will. Of course, if any of you were good at looking you'd already know that hehehe..." Then there's that other boy wandering in. I don't really remember seeing them before, but there are so many humans running around it would be a real challenge to remember them anyways. Pheles: "Well well, looks like our final arrival is here. Kinda missing the mood kid. I know you guys are simple so I'll try to keep this short... Hehehe...." I totally ignore the humans for now, walking over to those two guarding the gate. Naturally they're repulsed by my presence, cowering in terror. Not that I've done anything bad.. Hehehe.... Pheles: "As Sen's contractor, of course i have... Special privileges. It would be easy for me to let you in.... For a price. You said you'd do anything right? I know how much you humans love throwing meaningless words around."
(edited by Ally_of_justice)
-MUSE-

*MUSE gives an uninterested look.* Let me guess. "Lamp oil? Access to the Courtroom? Bombs? All yours, my friends. As long as you have enough Rubies"
"Their boss...?" [Kazuo looks down as he tries to process her words. He remembers what Kokoro before told him, something about Purgatory and the strange powers that resembled a Persona, and his own Doppel by extension. It was clear than that Sen was not exactly powerless, nor entirely "normal". After all, she somehow made a contract with what he assumed was two annoying chicks. He looks up, noticing the newly arrival of Thorne. He sighs, almost annoyed at the addition of more people into this mess.] "Thorne, whatever you do... don't do anything rash. I'm... just saying." [He would look back at Pheles, taking in too he failed at a proper investigation. It was easy to take, he had already failed to play by the rules of the place. Even so, he couldn't help but feel guilty.] "Let's say I take you up on that offer. What would you want from me? What is stopping me from using brute force to get through? I have no shortage of it, even it takes a while to get out."
Sunna

"Yay! Yay! I'm annoying! I'm..." Asami was beaming with excitement, up until the shadow turns hostile. Noticing the floral shadows, she first jumps over the desk and dashes over towards Sen with peak human speed. She holds the staff in front of her in one hand as she has her back turned to Sen, holding out the other hand and unleashing an invisible attack which took the form of a cloud of gas that would seep into any plant-based creatures and inflict moderate withering damage. "Alright, guys, let's give it all we got! I'll focus on keeping Sen safe, for now."
Pheles. Purgatory. More terms he doesn’t understand. She’s connected to the defendant, though, so she may be helpful... not that he fully trusts her. The kitten licks down his prickling fur then pads forward, giving Pheles a quizzical look.
Thorne doesn't understand what's going on because he arrived late, as ignorant he is, all he knows is that this strange girl's name is 'Pheles', she implies she is 'the boss', and she mentions 'Sen's contractor', he still doesn't doesn't understand what did that mean, neither who is sen, but Thorne needs to confirm if Pheles weather is good or bad. "Okay, but you owe me an explanation first..." thorne nods to kazuo to try not to do anything unnecessary for what is he confused for yet still confused for what going on.
Another distraction, just when he felt he was onto something. He didn't feel any need to get involved yet though but still, it might be important to state the obvious here. "Beyond even wether or not it's a good idea to make a deal do you really have that little faith in the others we've sent in. An old friend of mine is in there and I have more than enough faith in their abilities. Besides, making random deals isn't exactly advisable." The comment was pointed at everyone but especially Kazuo, not that he thought the kids would take any stupid deals.
(edited by Yu-Narukami)
Chie just sighs and draws out her revolver, she knew this was gonna happen. It always happens, so why did they even bother with that stupid kangaroo court to begin with? Whatever though, now the goal is simple. Protect the victim and weaken the shadow enough it can no longer cause problems. The mass of shadows would be met with a barrage of bullets rushing from Chie's gun, gleaming light covering them and exploding in small bursts of holy magic upon impact that would hopefully cause each shot to deal more damage. And to potentially strike other shadows nearby with a bit of the small magical blast zones. "Yeah keep her safe, if she dies then this was all for nothing and I won't allow it! I'm gonna try and close in pretty soon, but let's do this first!" Her Persona would appear behind her as well, waves of magical power flowing over the group and once again leaving them all stronger, faster, and tougher than they'd otherwise be. Hopefully, Kalib puts it to good use, Sana won't she suspects.
(edited by Chie-Satonaka)
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Pheles: “I won’t stop you if you’d rather thrash about aimlessly, but I think you’ll have a hard time getting past the guards when you can’t even touch them. Of course none of this would have been a problem if you’d just plucked a little flower.” What would probably sound like nonsense to anyone else carries a deeper meaning to the cat that I spy. At least the newcomer gives me a good reason to outline their situation Pheles: “it’s pretty simple. Kazuo’s little girlfriend hated being powerless to change reality, always needing to be protected. So they followed after an old rumor they heard about and ended up locked in struggle with their own shadow behind this door here.” Neither of the dogs would dare try to stop me from rapping my knuckles on the massive, closed courtroom doors to illustrate Pheles: “Of course I highly value all the executors under me, especially ones as cute as Sen. So I just thought I’d help out a little. After all, contracts are made for the mutual benefit of both parties. Sen gained my permission to enter and fight in Purgatory. In exchange Executors are expected to collect Idea crystals and fight monsters called Revenants. I briefly give Yu my gaze, lips curling upward into a grin Pheles: “some of you are already aware of how much of a hassle those things can be. No matter how much faith you have it doesn’t change reality. And you’d have to be an idiot not to realize things are going badly.”
"Damn, and here I thought I'd get to save the day with hidden evidence. Granted, this is more my speed." He rises from his seat and cracks his neck, allowing his eyes to track Asami's progress to their "client". "Earwig, you've had more than enough time to play pansy. You've absorbed a good deal from being in here. Time to repay the favor in kind." Out of his left arm comes the abomination that is Earwig's armed mode, but it doesn't remain for long. "Let's show what this ungodly power is capable of." Earwig would crawl out of Kalib's left arm and revert to a pitch black orb. Kalib retrieves the orb with his right hand. "Release restraints! Earwig: Conquest Mode! Shadow Evolution!" A grin crosses his face as Chie's buff washes over his body, and by extension the now glowing orb in his hand. The orb pulses with red runes and begins getting larger and larger. Kalib simply drops the orb beside him as it erupts into a plume of fog. ???: "GEHEHEHEHE! This means I can finally run wild, right?" A voice like nails on a chalkboard would come from within the fog. "Within reason Amou. Our target is the ring leader, try to keep collateral to a minimum." A large mangled human hand would strike out from the fog, blowing it away to reveal an abomination that towered above Kalib. It was a rough approximation of a monstrous human. Its skin was a disgustingly pale white with splotches of blood and gristle here and there. Its head was clean shaven with sunken red eyes, a broken nose, and a slack jaw full of gnarled teeth. Its arms and legs lanky with monstrous claws on hand and foot. Amou: "GEHEHE! I'm on it!" Amou would launch towards the fray and work on impaling the closest shadow on his claws. Kalib would remain where he was for the time being.
The cat hisses and claws at the ground. Of course that flower had greater meaning! Perhaps it’s not too late...? I can’t do much either way, so no sense in not trying. He sprints past his companions, past the girl, into the left hall. His paws carry him as fast as possible. Get to the forest, go north. Hold on, flower, I’ll be snatching you soon.
(edited by Black-Cat)
[Kazuo momentarily has his face go full red.] "She's not my girlfriend! Why does everyone keep saying that!?" [He slaps his cheeks with both hands in order to get back into the groove of things. Shaking his head, he would look at the guard dogs and then at Pheles. If this...girl had this much knowledge, there was no chance things hadn't gone badly already inside. That's all he needed to hear. However, and although Kazuo was reckless, he wasn't a complete fool.] "Fine then! What do you want!?" [Kazuo glares, growing impatient once more. As he says this however, he wanted to try something out. He would look at Tiger, and then would look at the two small knives he made before out of boredom. A phantom would emerge from him, with armor with serpentine, his Doppel ready to copy his moves. A vortex would appear near him, from the which great pieces of gears would be shot at great speed towards one of the guard dogs; Doppel would do so as well, targeting the other guard.] "Don't mind me though, I'm pushing the boundaries of the rule. Keep acting like the brat you are." [He wondered how far the "no touching" rule could possibly go when he has ways to attack from afar.]
-MUSE-

*MUSE looks over at Kazuo with a cat like smirk.* Oooh. He's embarassed about his girlfriend. Eee hee hee. *MUSE giggles before grinning, looking back to Pheles as the code around her begins darkening slowly, turning from green to red.* I'm game. What are we killing?
(edited by -MUSE-)
_Sana

"So...so there's more keywords than just..."you're not me"...to trigger this stupid conflict?...tee-hee...heheheheheheh..." {The girl stands up from her seat, taking a hearty laugh to herself before she kicks away her seat. A shadow forms over her eyes so that they're barely visible as she glares at all the shadows that had appeared in the courtroom that had turned less dim.} "If only...if only you had just...Just. SHUT! UP! STAY QUIET! BECAUSE AT THIS POINT, YOU'RE JUST ASKING TO BE EXCECUTED!!!" {Her left eye from under her shadowed glare took on the shape of a horizontal, jagged arc that was colored purple. At the same time, 6 eyes had gathered around her, all glowing purple as well. As she yells out, the eyes that Sana summoned start to glisten brightly, glowing with radiance before they charged towards the shadows, all at once exploding immediately upon contact. At the same time, their veins would seem to scatter across the ground, but they only pulsated, not immediately doing anything as of yet.}
...Thorne sort of understands little of this situation, this sen girl is weak just like how he is, he yet doesn't know what will he say, or neither how will he say in his perspective too, he travelled to this world for trying to get stronger so he won't be at his brother's shadow in which his brother always tries to protect him... But this doesn't sound like how Thorne will convey his feelings, he'll have to understand more of what's going on too, and about what is exactly is her own 'shadow'. This 'pheles' girl seemed to also view this girl also as an 'executor', and that person who is guilty of herself and didn't do anything wrong about others calls her 'exectuer', this made him reach to a conclusion that this black dressed girl is a bad person after all and can't trust her so. "wait---!" thorne grabbed his green SR, and threw it as the SR card flashes away, giving the attack and the agility buff to all those who are in this antechamber, as icons of the shoes and a sword icon appeared visible to them, they can't touch them because they are like a hologram. "I think... I got what I will do...so, I'll help!" thorne opened his tome that he was embracing and the pages flipped by itself and raised his left arm and made ice spikes throwing at the guard dogs, he may be ready to abuse a rule and that he is alright with it as some innocent's life is in danger.
Yu didn't feel his words would be heard with the current stakes. Faith wasn't an easy thing to have. At very least he could attempt to help in some ways. No telling if going all out would really work here. Seems there was some rule in place protecting them. What the rule was he hadn't heard but it made him wonder exactly how these rules were enforced. There was probably something more to it. However, speculation wouldn't help him reach an answer For now he'd simply switch his set Persona back to Yoshitsune. Better to be safe than sorry.
"S-She knows my name?! How did she...?" Seeing Kazuo flinging projectiles to push the boundaries of the rules, an idea came to her. With a snap of her fingers Scáthach appeared at her side once more. "You'll never improve if you don't push some boundaries, you know! Now let's see how you adapt!" In line with Kazuo's onslaught, Scáthach charged a ball of curse from her mouth, the dark energy crackling and flashing like electricity. When the projectile fired, it'd land between the guard dogs before detonating in a large pillar of energy, dealing heavy curse damage in the vicinity if the dogs didn't avoid the attack.
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Pheles: "Hehehe... Watch that temper kid. You don't wanna cause too much trouble." Kazuo, his Doppel, and Thorne find their attacks simply impossible to perform. After all, though they might not touch the dogs personally, their attacks would. Thus, it would be impossible to perform. Personally, I find this hilarious, but unfortunately I don't have all day to watch them. Sumeragi-sensei's, on the other hand, does bounce into the area between the two dogs. Where I happened to be standing. Of course, just like the attacks beforehand, the blast wouldn't be able to pet the dogs. But I wasn't really interested in getting blasted today, even if they weren't likely to hurt me, so of course I made sure to leap out of the way, floating a fair distance above the ground as I glare at the teacher Pheles: "Hey, watch where you're aiming that thing! I could have been seriously hurt. Hehehe." Once their little outburst is done, I breathe out a sigh and look down at the group. Pheles: "Ah well, I already know how you can make it up to me. Something even you could follow. You found some Idea back when you were leaving the library. Give it to me, and I'll see what I can do..." Yu looks around to find a simple, handwritten sign posted right next to the door the dogs were guarding. Specifically the sign says "do not pet the dogs", but it didn't seem to discriminate much. The cat returns to the forest, finding the place... Disturbingly empty. Last time they'd visited it was filled with these glowing blue butterflies, but now there doesn't seem to be anything. They'd probably remember that the flower was two paths north of the entrance, but actually proceeding along that path might be... Dangerous... Shadow Sen: "I see a lot of you asking for backup. Judge, what's the ruling on support?" The shadow acting as judge swings down his gavel to make a ruling Judge: "In the interests of fairness anyone without pertinent evidence is not allowed to participate in court. Thus, if the defense must fight, they shall do so with their own power." SS: "You heard him. Though I must admit they're fancy tricks." Sen's Shadow seems satisfied sitting back for now as this new rule is put into place. Since they can only rely on their own strength, any gifts or summons are hereon banned. This rule forces Sana's eyes back out of existence, and Amour to take a passive role, unable to affect the battle in any way. Chie's holy blast decimate the minor shadows, leaving the arena floor clear for the primary two, the rose-like shadows blooming out of the soil. Asami's gas causes them to start decaying for a moment, but then it would be their turn. The first plant lets out a raspy cry, beating its leaves into a windstorm, picking up much of the gas around the two and throwing it at Chie. The second plant takes a deep breath, making a horrid gurgling sound before spitting out three massive seeds at Sana. Summary Judge Ruling: Summons and other outside help prohibited. Plant 1: Garudyne at Chie Plant 2: 3x Medium Gun at Sana The Real Sen is forced to just watch, as even a child is able and willing to protect her... Its entirely frustrating, but the worst part is that she can't even do anything about it. At Sana's taunt, Sen has to grit her teeth, spitting out the words Sen: "So what, I was supposed to just sit here while they insulted my friends who saved my life? Why are you even here to begin with?"
The cat feels a sense of dread from the path ahead. He's about to step forward, but he can't bring himself to place his paw down. The image of the Princess resurfaces in his mind. He grumbles and takes a slight detour, aiming to head west, then up two northern paths, and finally east towards the flower. It'll take slightly longer but he's not risking getting into a fight or worse.
OOC: Chie here on another account, I am curious. Are Personas considered summons or outside help? Given they're the same being as the user I'd guess not, but it could go either way.
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Personas are still allowed for reasons you've already guessed. They're essentially part of the user and thus fall under "your own power." which means the buff does go through
[Nothing. Of course. Watching everything unfold, Kazuo would find himself covered once more by Thorne's buff. He knows this will be useful, but how? He thinks hard, trying to come up with a solution to the current issue. Petting them transforms into direct contact with the inherent desire to somehow contact them too, which also happens to be attacks. However, Emi's attack is able to appear in their surrounding area, which means... He can do something around them. He looks at Pheles, now that she's out of the way.] "...You mean the crystals the angel dropped...! Sumeragi-sensei, go get them please. If I'm wrong, then that's really the only chance we have." [Kazuo had to try every option. He wasn't going to allow some random bastard to hold him by a chain, not without biting back once or twice or a hundred times. He would use his Highspeed Alloy once more, but he would not launch it at high speed, rather, he would drop the gears near Tiger, Doppel doing the same, leaving two sets of them.] "Pheles, right? This may sound crazy but before you said you have special privileges when it comes to Sen. Does that mean you have direct access to her mind or something to that extent? Even change it and explore it as you see fit? I'm just curious." Gears: 2. Blade stock: 1. Doppel: 2 uses left.
Yu would check his pockets. He thought he might have something. In the end he was able to find a simple marker he had been carrying around for the sake of convenience. He'd move over to the sign while the others were focused and attempt to cross out the word "not".
What it mean "true secrets of the realm"?
yes
"You can count on me! Scáthach!" The armored humanoid raised its bound hands to the air, dousing Sumeragi in a familiar green aura much like it had done previously. She dismissed her persona and assumed a sprinting stance, the green aura amplifying her movement speed significantly. With an inhuman speed, she dashed towards the library. "Hold off until I'm back!!" Should she reach the library without any distractions, she'd quickly scour the floor for the crystals and retrieve them.
"this didn't come through...?" thorne is nervous, despite the buff he used he also tried the ice spikes that comes from the ground, it became useless, he thought of using the tree branches but it would break too... "...the blue crystals...?" again, he is dumbfounded and confused of what did they say, but if it is a clue to do something around here, then this is the only chance to hurry to the courtroom and stop all of this. He had to continue fighting the dogs even after the buffs got disappeared.
_Sana

{Since Sana’s only way out of putting in effort has now been vanquished, she only laughs more as she puts her hand out. The air around her warps itself before it stops in front of her, making the seeds stop midair. Even though the sound had still rang true, it was as if the seeds had hit a pile of meat instead of the living girl.} “Uffufufuufu...You think I care at all about you trying to defend your friends? You’re just as dense as your stupid boyfriend if you really think I was getting on you for something as obvious as that.” {The massive seeds drop to the ground, right in front of the girl, but the warped space in front of her also stays. The purple gleam is still showing in her eyes. Sana scoffs at Sen before glaring in her direction, smirking at her as she tilts her head so much that she almost seems to crack her neck. The shadow from her bangs still covered her eyes, so the only light she could find from her other eye was from the dim iris.} “Those last few words are what pissed me off. You hear me?! You’re both idiots. Your shadow, and Kazuo. And that idiotic shadow is yours. Accept reality, and accept this truth! You and him are made for each other!” {Sana raises her arm to to the air, her fist balled up as her other arm holds the one that’s extended. She jerks her arm forward, pointing at the plant that shot at her before flicking the space in front of her, her hand now making the gesture of a finger gun. This makes the warped air disappear, emitting a massive shockwave that flies towards Plant 2, the vibrations emitting a purple aura. As soon as the shockwave were to make contact with Plant 2, the vibrations split off, creating demonic winds that circle around the plant before pushing downwards with great force.}
Chie grins a bit as the magic slams into her, it hurts, there's no denying that. But thanks to her defensive enchanements from Haraedo-no-Okami's Dragon Hustle it hurts a hell of a lot less than it would have otherwise. And with only a few moments of work she's back on the move at speeds that frankly defy the limits of a normal human being at all. "No support huh... Annoying, very much so. But it doesn't hurt me as much as some of us! And now, I'm gonna make you pay for that effort!" She'd rush towards the plant which had attacked her, eyes gleaming with a hint of her Persona in them and magical power building up around her... Any moment now the strike will happen judging by the might she's getting ready. It doesn't come though, and instead a small pillar of ice formed under her feet would send Chie rushing straight past the two more powerful shadows and right for the Judge, at least if they can't act very fast to stop her. Her Persona appearing in a blaze of blue flames as they get closer and with any luck. Manging to send the large red energy blade in its hand rushing through the judge serveral times within a blur of motion that would deal incredible damage if it managed to hit. The plan she's cooked up is either madness or a genius move, and she just isn't sure at all which. Variables need to line up, ones she can't account for. But with any luck the judge can be killed or wounded.
Kalib angrily stomps his foot at the new decree. "You've gotta be shittin' me! I practically raised Amou!" Amou fidgets off to the side of the ongoing skirmish. A: "Hey, if we're being perfectly honest boss... you didn't really raise me... that was my host..." Kalib brings an open palm to his face, with some force. "Keep talking and I'm gonna raze you properly this time." A: "Boss, I don't see how raising an adult is-" Kalib takes his hand off his face to glare at Amou. All while miming for him to zip it. He then goes about putting the ribbon fragment back into his pocket. "Honestly, do I really have to do everything myself? I hate getting my hands dirty." Fog begins to rise off the ground after each of Kalib's steps. He slowly approaches the battle before breaking into a full on sprint. Ideally Chie's little stunt pulled the attention of the leftmost shadow, because Kalib came barreling in with a brutal right hook towards the shadow's head.
Sunna

The fog would dissipate as soon as the damage was done, becoming nothing but thin air. Asami would glare between the two plant shadows, her narrow focus intensifying as she lays out her right hand in front of her, a ball of flame floating above her palm. "Match." She then curls her fingers around the ball, tossing it at Plant 1 in one swift motion, causing to project in an arrow like motion, erupting into a large spire at a bullet-like velocity, striking the plant at its maw and most likely burning it for persisting damage. "Set."
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

The cat plods westward, proceeding the long way around, however, once he's gotten past the bus on the middle-western side, he begins to feel that same malice, now coming from the northeast. Exactly where the flower was. I couldn't help but laugh at Kazuo's ridiculous question. Of course there was only one reason for him to be here, so it makes the most sense... Pheles: "Hehehehe... Wow, I can't believe you're so desperate for a girlfriend you're willing to resort to mind control. Y'know, there's a name for people like that. Stalkers. Or Yanderes, depending on how much blood is shed. Hehehehe. Oh right, you have one of those don't you? Why not ask them?" As Yu so ingeniously noticed, there was no sign preventing them from writing on signs. So once he marks out the "not" that provided the guardians with their protection, the sign now reads "Do pet the dogs." As the sign is changed, so too is the rule. Now touching the guards becomes mandatory. Or trying to at the very least hehehe. And these dogs don't look very friendly.... Miss Sumeragi is shushed by a few of the library shadows as she blazes past them, but none of them move to stop her at least. She'd find about seven or eight crystals gathered together near the library's entrance where Asami was crying. The crystals are small, but possess a dull shine visible from somewhere deep within. The leftmost plant lunges forward in an attempt to bite Chie, only to be met with a pillar of ice. The creature smashes into Chie's vault somewhat embarassingly before shaking itself off Sen's Shadow observes the fight's development before asking the Judge SS: "Those spells look awfully dangerous and carry a high risk of collateral. Really its irresponsible to allow something like that indoors." Judge: "In observance of the additional risks brought about by such large attacks I h...." but before he can finish his sentence the judge is struck through a dozen times by Chie's persona. Sen's Shadow lets out a sigh before finishing his sentence. SS: "Hereby declare spellcasting indoors illegal." Sen: "Ok there's no way you're allowed to do that." SS: "I own this courthouse, which makes me the person in charge here. Unless some higher authority arrives you'll have to live with it." As if they hadn't been forced to do so already. For the time, it seemed that all they did was unravel a single layer of illusion. With magic now banned, Asami's fire arrow and Sana's sound wave dissipate in mid-air. Adding on the rule forbidding support, and the teams options were rapidly beginning to approach zero... Fortunately, that did leave Kalib's action completely free. With the plant shadow having rammed its head uselessly against ice, it wasn't expecting an attack from the side. The brutal blow connects with the creature's head, and with all the buffs Chie provided, and maybe a little luck, the monster is quickly uprooted, shattering and fading away into darkness. That left only the second flower, which aims to take advantage of Kalib's proximity to lunge towards him with a snap of its massive jaws, hoping to tear into his arm. summary Judge: Defeated Shadow Sen: Ruled Magic forbidden Plant 1: Defeated Plant 2: Vicious Bite at Kalib (Heavy phys) Sen stares at Sana for a moment, in shock. Finally, the girl lets out a frustrated sigh before retaliating Sen: "Is that... Really what you think of me? I... There's nothing between us. I just..." Sen looks down, her voice quieting to nearly a whisper Sen:"He seemed... Sad. I guess."
"Agh! Shit!" The plant lands its bite on Kalib's arm with relative ease. "You... really should not have done that..." A black ooze drips from the fresh wound. Streaming down his arm and beginning to pool on the floor. However the ooze soon turns to fog and dissipates. "Unlucky for you... but I've got a nastier left hook." Should the plant still have a hold on Kalib's arm he'd pry it open and deck it. Otherwise, he'd just wind up hard and throw out a powerful left hook.
_Sana

Ooc: Since it's a rule, I'll still let the attack be nulled since I can just do it again, woohoo. But wouldn't there a difference between actual spellcasting and mental magic that damages the psyche in order to make it believe it's body was damaged instead?
"You dumbass!!" [Somehow the implication didn't sit right at all with the young man that was all into manipulating and taking any chance he could get to get ahead the things he cares about. He would point at Pheles with comical indignation.] "If I wanted a girlfriend, I would already have one! And even if I wanted one now, I wouldn't do it by pulling some cheap, awful and disgusting trick like the ones you probably use! Learn your place, you bitch!" [Suddenly, whatever Kazuo was planning didn't seem be necessary anymore, as the rule suddenly had changed thanks to Narukami's...ingenious idea.] "Ah." [Is all he can say as he looks at the guards, then at Tiger, than at his own hands, and finally, at Pheles. His eyes get sharper as he grins like a dumbass and directs both of index fingers at the pair of guards.] "Looks like I don't need you anymore, brat. OUT OF MY WAY!!!" [Tiger would rush at the door and place itself right between the guards as its body becomes redder by the second. First, a total of 8 vortex would appear around the general area of the enemy, 4 created by Kazuo, and the remaining 4 by Doppel. From them, massive blades, a bit too large, thick and heavy for any normal human to even move would erupt and attempt to completely obliterate the pair, and if that alone isn't enough, then Tiger would follow up.] "NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION!!" [Tiger's body would begin to become hazy as the heat it releases becomes more intense each passing moment, reaching such a point that even steel would become nothing but liquid in less than a minute. Regardless of what happens after, Tiger's entire body would collapse, right after using its most powerful move from the get go.]
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

The intent of the rule actually refers to magic as a damage type, rather than a source. So any of the damage types classified as magic, that is any that isn't strictly physical damage, would be overruled. Anything else is too much of a headache to work through due to being incredibly open to interpretation
_Sana

Ooc: Thanks for the explanation :p {As her next line of defense against the horrid symbol of work and creativity known as "effort" has been vanquished once again, the girl sighs out. Not because of everything getting overruled as soon as it's been thrown out, but because the girl's getting depressing to listen to. Sana's purple glowing eye effect is removed as she looks at Sen.} "That much was obvious, so you're perceptive at the very least. Just don't worry about it. It's fine, really. Why do you think I'm the way I am right now? Sadness. Either way...you're still annoying to me. And I'm probably that to everyone else, it's just a cycle of this depressing life." {The girl pretends to put a crown on her head as she starts to glance over Sen's shadow with murderous intent, now starting to speak like a classic victorian noble looking over one of the many peasants they have lying around to do labor work. During this, a giant spork with a blue ribbon and a purple flower appears in her hands. She poses cutely for a nonexistant camera while mocking the shadow of a girl she just tried and failed to level with.} "Do my eyes decieve me? What are those things these people are holding? My gosh, are those WEAPONS?! Inexcusable. Everyone knows law enforcers work miracles with their own dirty hands instead of with the work of something that makes things infinitely easier. Ban those bloody things, those don't belong in a revered courthouse such as this one!~ Tee-hehehehehe...I really hope Kazuo busts in for no reason to increase the chances of blowing this cornucopia of idiocy the FUCK UP!" {The jagged purple glow over her eye returns as she reverts back to her usual self, deciding to spin her weapon around before stabbing into the plant in hopes of it getting completely skewered in and out by the polearm. If the spork were to cut into the overgrown salad in any way, shape, or form, then the plant would feel like several shots of a potent pesticide were injected into it's system.}
Chie grins a bit, banned magic... Still doesn't hurt her much despite her actions causing it, she doesn't need spells to fuck these things up after all. And the large plant shadow would find her Persona's gleaming blade rushing at it from behind, thrown with incredible strength and speed that would hopefully be enough to pierce straight through its upper half with a deadly spinning motion before the weapon reappears in the hands of Haraedo-no-Okami. "What a pain, it's annoying to have to resort to just brute force ya know!" She's not really lying, magic is useful after all. But despite being 'annoying', brute force is Chie's area of expertise. A fact she's frankly hoping to conceal so the shadow won't be as likely to ban it. For now, she can only hope they manage to end this quickly before it gets too bad. Though a thought comes to mind... "Anyway, let's go ahead and try to finish this up soon." With any luck they can win before all their choices vanish, but for now best to just stay focused. If that fails... Try and get Sen to accept her shadow, Chie supposes.
She mouthed a quick 'Sorry!' to the librarians shushing her before stuffing the crystals in her bag and speeding out of the library. She'd barely make it in time to return to the skirmish that was happening, but she could at least offer some quick assistance while she was sprinting back into the courtyard. "Quickly Scáthach! Get ready!!" She summoned Scáthach once more, and while the being was still materializing she leapt into the air, setting up for the knight as their bound hands to set her up into the air like a volleyball. In midair, she took notice of the cleverly marked sign and grinned widely, drawing her curved greatsword and spinning like a saw blade down towards one of the guard dogs. Should her attack be successful, she'd slam the heavy blade directly into the guard dog's forehead, doing a heavy amount of physical damage from the sheer momentum. "Oh, how the tables turn! You're all mine now mutts!!"
Sunna

Asami grits her teeth, pausing to consider potential strategies. Swiftly, she turns towards Sen. "Sen, I have a plan, but it means you'll have to look after yourself for awhile. Sit tight, ok?" Asami nods, acrobatically jumping off the desk and landing in front of the podium where Shadow Sen was located, pouncing at her chest with a gladitorial force in an attempt to knock her to the ground. Assuming she could, the girl would jump over to where they're face to face with the shadow on the ground and place both her hands with her abnormal strength over the shadow's mouth, effectively barring their speech.
Yu now realizing the change he had caused would comply with the new order. A new card would form in his hand, this one would showcase the tarot card known as the heidrophant. He'd crush it in his hand and a large figure would begin swirling around him. The figure was a large serpentine dragon with a golden body. It was easily three times the size of a normal Persona just from its sheer length alone. "Kohryu! Maziodyne!" The dragon's eyes glowed as black storm clouds formed around it, floating into the air and crackling with power. Lightning began to rain down from the clouds aiming for the dogs that he assumed likely now would be covered in molten metal. Of course, molten metal wasn't as conductive as the solid but it would still most likely work at least to some degree.
Using too much ice from his tome, be grew a little butterfly wings on his back, as the time was flying around, Thorne's left hand started to freeze. "this may work..." his wings starts to shrink to break away as he runs ahead to touch the guard dog with his left hand, it started to freeze. It actually worked? Is what he thought to himself, to break the ice that the dog froze, thorne threw a spike to make sure if it would break along with the dog.
There’s something guarding the flower. That’s the conclusion he comes to. Is it worth attempting to face? Can he even face it? The cat takes whatever cover he can find as he moves onwards. Worst case scenario? Either resort to his Tricks or run like hell. The latter if it’s the Princess again.
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Sen: "I... That's not really what I...." The girl tugs on her sleeve, not really sure how to handle Sana's confession. But she doesn't have to consider it long before her Shadow interrupts them with a laugh Shadow Sen: "An excellent idea. But banning weapons would be rather inconvenient for me as well. Besides, its not really fair for there to be four of you to only one guard no? In the interests of fairness we really should be attacking one at a time." Sen: "Oh come on, you can't just make up rules based on your own convenience." Shadow: "And why not? That's what they're for. After all, its convenient to follow the rules. Suddenly you're not responsible for any of your actions. Its fine to kill Revenants, because the laws of Purgatory require it. Its fine to impose yourself on your classmates, after all you're not the one who banned gum." Sen: "That's entirely different. I didn't make up any of those, they were agreed upon by society as a whole." While Asami's attempt was admirable, the shadow simply steps to the side before delivering a sharp kick while Asami recovers from their lunge, likely forcing them off the pedestal. Under the new rule, more than one person attacking the same target is forbidden, thus both Chie and Sana's attacks are stopped as soon as they're begun, as Kalib is both closest to the target and the fastest to post, his is the first, and only, attack to go through. Feels kinda bad to nullify Sana for a third time in a row, but they keep being part of the most common action category. Fortunately, it seems Asami's mist was able to wither the creature's roots enough for Kaleb to pry it open before blasting the second shadow out of the ground. With both of their opponents down, Sen's Shadow lets out a sigh. Shadow: "Guess the prosecution's evidence didn't hold up after all. Oh well, the decision's already been made... Questions! Answers! Deal with these pests." but in the end, nobody came. Out of options, the shadow finally steps off their pedestal. As the shadow descends, they're covered in an inky black fog. Shadow Sen: "Must fall under the summon rule. Fine. I'll deal with you myself." Did someone call for a stupid-looking boss? Once the shadow's dark cloud reaches the floor, something emerges. It would best be described as a knight towering twice the height of any real man, with a long helmet pointed towards the sky. Their armor is a deep, blood-red with a dark cape that bears a golden lion symbol flowing behind them. The shadow holds two crimson longswords, one in each hand, scaled up to fit the shadow's increased size and wielded with deadly precision. The shadow stands still for a moment, watching their opponents carefully Shadow Sen: "Make your move then, but the law is absolute. It knows no defeat. Summary Sen: Rules ganging up illegal Shadow 2: dies lol Shadow Sen has joined the brawl! Reminder on the rules so far 1. No summons 2. No elemental attacks (basically phys only) 3. no ganging up (one person can attack one target) Good luck.[/i]
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Kazuo is rather funny when you rile him up. Something incredibly easy too. Its hilarious in a way. I can't help but laugh. Pheles: "I think I understand what that stalker sees in you. But you might wanna be more careful when speaking to your superiors." I open my eyes again, flashing a wicked grin as I look back to Kazuo. Pheles: "I'm extremely forgiving, but not all demons can say that." Of course, everyone was so eager to get in and attack... My job here is done, so I'll let them play with only a few parting words. Pheles: "You've made your choice... Have fun then... Hehehehe...." Words whose purpose would soon become clear. Kazuo's meltdown causes the creature's armor to rapidly heat up, but it doesn't seem to melt. Rather as the metal grows redder and redder, a wide, zig-zagging crack opens up in the metalic part of their helmet, forming a second, or perhaps a "true" mouth. Just above these jaws, faint dots begin to glow, red for the red guard, and blue for the blue. These "eyes" withstand Yu's massive bolt of lightning, before the two guards let out a howl in unison. A tortured scream whose force blasts away Sumeragi and Thorne, scattering Kazuo's swords against the walls and assaulting the ears of everyone in the room. Once their chains are shattered and their true forms freed, the two guards begin to speak once more Red: "What is it thou desires?" Blue: "If thou seekst destruction, then let us grant thy wish." Red: "I am he who questions." Blue: "I am he who answers." Questions: "State thy desire." Q+A: "and may the roar of thine souls bring light to the answers thou seekst." And so the battle can begin proper The red guard, Questions, seems to take Kazuo as his primary target, dropping low to the ground before launching a pair of massive chains out of his mouth at Kazuo. If the chains connect, he'd begin to feel much heavier than usual as Questions attempts to drag Kazuo into his maw. Questions: "What is thy Purpose? What benefit dost thou seek from this intrusion?" meanwhile Answers seems satisfied looking around at the others. He can feel the emotions residing in their hearst, their rage, frustration, hope, and despair. The blue one focuses their eyes on Thorne before stating Answers: "The end of thy journey lies elsewhere. Turn back, or this devotion shall devour you whole!" Answers lets out another roar, this one much more palpable to the ears. Rather than launching attack, his roar creates a faint abyss around him, from which emerges one of the white, spellcasting Bourbakis from earlier, which remains close enough to pass a free hand over Answers and comply with the rules. Summary Question and Answers: true form revealed Questions: Binding chains on Kazuo Answers: Summons Bourbaki Bourbaki: idle after summoning. Once the cat enters the clearing, he fails to find the Princess, or any such foe. The flower's clearing is filled with butterflies like those from earlier, the faint blue denizens that were utterly harmless. Butterflies that form a stark contrast with the flower, which has grown much larger in the time he has vanished, now easily large enough to devour a human whole, with its outer petals covered in blinking eyes that search blindly for a meal. Flower: "More... So much more.. Hungry." The flower breathes in deeply, creating a vacuum that gathers a dozen of the butterflies towards him, before snapping its mouth shut to devour them whole. As an aside, this should have been triggered when you first touched the flower, but I didn't really think a cat should fight this thing alone. Consider it your final warning.
-MUSE-

FINALLY! I was getting bored. *MUSE grins as the fight gets going. From her red code, she'd summons a large axe and slam it into the ground twice. Each hit would cause a vibration that would split the ground around both the formally red and blue dogs, as holographic but real to the target. MUSE would laugh slightly manically as she stepped on the axe head, red code floating around her, sizing up her opponents.* Now then. Let's play. Personal Ability: Paradigm Shift-Red (Casts Quake, Heavy physical damage to all grounded foes, when being switched into) MUSE: Quake (Heavy Physical damage to all grounded foes. Flying or airborn foes take no damage.) In case it was confusing, I cast Quake twice.
Understandable, Mr/Mrs Narrator. Understandable. The cat takes the hint and retreats, running back towards the building’s lobby. He’s not sure how the situation there’s changed. Perhaps they found a way in? He’s half right, as he’ll eventually find out.
[Not only does his attacks fail, but the situation gets worse at that exact moment. Kazuo is unable to react in time as the chain caught him off guard. Not knowing exactly how to get out of this situation yet, Kazuo looks around him. At the blades he summoned, at the gears he had prepared. He had a total of 10 different blades scattered, 2 sets of gears and Doppel could only copy one more move of his own. Finally, Tiger somehow changed...] "My purpose...!? I'm here to get Sen out of this hell hole before something bad happens to her! I don't care about anything else right now! Get out of the way!" [Kazuo would try to resist the pull with all of his power as he looks at his Chimera.] "Return already, dumbass!" [He would force out the soul of Deep Gear Tiger out of the husk he created for it and return it to himself. The effect would be as simple as returning the materials used to create it their original form and become unusable in the same way as before.] "Shit...! I can only get on the defensive here...! Do Re Might!" [He would active his defensive ability, which should completely nullify physical impact at the cost of his own speed. The white aura would absorb the vibrations in the area and raise to Level 1. He would continue to try and push back to free himself, even though he thinks this may be useless.] Blades (Stock): 10 (1) Gears: 2 Doppel: 1 use left Vibration Field: Level 1
_Sana

"Sen. Here's a tip. If you truly want me to believe that you aren't anything more than Kazuo's love interest: Think. For. Yourself. Society doesn't care about you or about what you have to offer no matter how much you want to be a part of them. So you have to make them realize what little worth you have yourself. Otherwise, you'll just drown out in a sea of garbage-filled opinions that aren't even yours. Is that what you want? No? Shape up. Deal with it." {The girl only approached closer to the girl as the law was set out, looking at her with a smug glare knowing full well she could still kill her right then and there if she wanted to. As every single little detail must be forbidden in this court of law, her attack gets nulled once more. Oh well, the thing died, big woop. Mission accomplished. It doesn't matter, there's no law of silence, so Sana can give her advice to anybody she wants. Especially the shadow.} "Now shut it, bootlicker. I don't care for whatever laws you bring up because all you do is give me more excuses to put in less effort. Kiss your law-abiding ass goodbye...by someone else. Like you said, I can't attack when somebody else does, so I won't." {Sana smiles as she takes out a bottle of perfume out of nowhere, smiling with her eyes half closed. Her glance is turned towards Chie the smooth brained police officer, whom she decides to give her fake happy voice to instead of the shadow, as Shadow Sen has done nothing to deserve it.} "Hey miss cop. I know what you were thinking, so I knew you predicted this, and I know you'll just beat her up yourself. Have fun with that!~" {She flicks the bottle of perfume with her fingers before throwing it into the air no where near the shadow. The bottle had a slight sound as it shook while it had airtime, vibrating and eventually bursting itself. Since it popped, the aroma fills the room, a scent of lavender and depression in the air. This air, despite being annoyingly purple, didn't block vision. Rather, Shadow Sen felt her speed, defense, and attack capabilities trickling down in their potency very slightly as time passes by. At the same time, the opposite was a boon for Chie, who felt these effects but as a positive to her abilities as well as giving her a bonus enhancement to her vision...these effects will linger unless nulled which will most likely happen.}
The blast threw Sumeragi with such force she was tumbling for a while, jamming her sword into the floor to cancel out the momentum. Using the last of her speed boost, she dashed towards Questions, trying to slam her curved greatswords into the chains that bound Kazuo and hopefully sever them. "Don't touch my students you hideous cretin!!!" In a gust of dark energy, Scáthach appeared once more, holding a glowing ethereal greatsword, its blade pointed at Answers like the knight was challenging the guard to a duel. The Persona let out a distorted howl before leaping at the guard and trying to slash the being with incredible might. Should the attack succeed it would do severe physical damage while also generating an aura around Scáthach that drew surrounding opponents' ire. "Set your gaze upon me and don't look away for even a second! This waltz is ours alone!!!"
"Maybe it'll be time soon..." Yu would avoid the fight even if just for a moment. Tarot cards suddenly would appear and begin floating around his body. Seemingly a card from each arcana could be seen before all colliding in Yu's hand. They'd shine together as they fused in a flash of light leaving behind a card representing the world itself. This card would vanish for now as Yu chose not to crush it yet. Instead he'd form a diffrent card in his hand, Justice. "Sraosha! Brave Blade!" The attack was simple. He'd send his Persona put to strike at Question's head with its scroll. The scroll of course would turn into a physical manifestation of brute force as it shifted its form from a piece of paper to a sword of light.
Chie wouldn't even bother responding to Sana as she rushes forward, still moving at blinding speeds and actually getting a little bit faster. She isn't wasting breath at this point though, banter is fine and all when you aren't worried but those blades look a bit too deadly for her to mess around with in the least bit. Instead, there's a dead serious look on the woman's face while she leaps upward and her Persona darts behind the shadow at impossible speeds, on the one hand there's Chie. Feet rushing in a physics defying flurry of blows which if it managed to hit would extend the time she remains in the air via each strike, all aimed right at her foe's front. Then there's Haraedo-no-Okami, blood red blade glowing and spinning wildly in a whirlwind motion while aiming to cut into the things back and sending a few slashes towards both of its sword arms with wide sweeping motions. Finally, the blinding assault comes to a close with their final strikes. Chie and her Persona return to one position in a blur of motion, and less than a second later the woman is rushing straight through the air, thrown with inhuman force by her Persona and holding its gleaming blades pointed directly at their enemy's chest with a grin on her face. The Persona would vanish for now soon after, but the blades remain in her hands while aiming to stay ready for trying to parry whatever may come her way next. All performed over a course of merely a few seconds, without so much as a word or shout.
Sunna

Asami recovers from the counterattack, maneuvering to where she's a few feet in front of the shadow. "One at a time? But, she also said no spellcasting, right? I wonder if..." Clutching her staff tightly by her chest, Asami would concentrate and through her power of healing used inversely inflict a small paper cut on all her allies at once, including herself. She wouldn't spend much time considering whether this would work as asking for clarification from a shadow or even hesitating to act was dangerous or her mind, as she instead opts to take a leap of faith and see what happens. "Would this break any of those rules?" Now she would be anxious over the possibility that it breaks one rule or another, following the shadow's movements in order to be able to properly adjust to any new situation.
"Kazuo!!" Thorne shouted as Kazuo got chained by the red guards, as much as he wants to break the red ones, even if he attacks, Kazuo's life may be finished, he tries to pull another way to save Kazuo, right now, Kazuo is chained by the red thing who implies to be the 'question', the blue one is 'answer', who stops Thorne in which 'answer' seems to asks him to turn back from here. He couldn't understand what questions did they mean, or even answers he doesn't know how to answer them, yet even if he would answer them, He would have a bad feeling about this if this is going to get any worse, but, even if that's so... Thorne is here to find the fifth key portal key around here, and Kazuo is now in danger, this 'sen' in which is still in danger, he started to think... 'what would Adam do in a situation like this...?', Thorne wants to be kind to others like adam, he wants to save other lives just like him, he wants to protect adam so much just like how he protected Thorne like always, to do that, He'll have to get stronger to protect his big brother, he is yet weak, but he wants to be brave and stronger so his brother wouldn't need to protect him anymore. "Allow me to ask your answer, 'answer'... If you want to protect others and someone stops you to protect others, while you aren't even part of any of this, what would you do?" Thorne looked at his tome as if he tried to recall everything he went through. "I'm thankful for everything for my life, however even if you try to repay something to those who protected you, you are still weak and inexperienced to do so, you really can't do anything... I don't know what is this place and what is going on though I thought I came here to learn how humans would always shine through, become stronger to protect anything precious to them, that's what I thought when I came to this world..." Thorne turned his head to the people who are fighting question to free Kazuo "pretty disappointing answer in my perspective, is it not?" he looked back the blue guard with his serious face, as went to the first page of the tome to touch the first word of the page, as too many icy butterflies started to form, too much of them flying around Thorne, his butterfly wings became too much bigger as Thorne felt too much cold here, the ground started on Thorne's feet started to freeze like ice, turning into some grass with many flowers, they are all made of ice, however, when others felt the air around it, it felt warm in reality. "I still want to hear your answer, if you are the one who answers!" Thorne prepared himself to be attacked by this blue guard first, since he expects that answer who is against him is strong since even his normal ice attacks won't do.
(edited by Thorne-yuriev)
"Uggggh this is the worst...." Kalib steps back from the fray with his head in his hands. "No persona, no weapon on hand, no innate magic. I just wanted to blow off steam but I can't even do that..." A: "I believe in you boss! Fight on! Fight on!" The monstrosity that is Amou had his gnarled claws grow longer to act as pom poms while he cheered. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Kalib tears off a piece of his shirt and spends his turn tending to his wound.
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Funny how in two encounters Questions draws most of the ire. And this time was no different. Just as Kazuo is tethered to Questions, so too is Questions tethered to Kazuo. He can't really do much to avoid any of the attacks coming his way, but despite all this power the metallic armor covering this creature's face receives little more than scratches from Sumeragi and Yu's physical attacks. But for what its worth, the physical impact forces the creature to close its mouth, shattering the chains binding Kazuo. Despite the chains' dissapearance, Kazuo still feels oddly heavy, as if a burden had been placed onto his soul. Questions: "If thou desirest passage, thou must either defeat us and forge thy own path. Or perish and follow the path of those before." Just as Questions had received little damage from the Quake, Answers' armor made him similarly resilient to physical attacks. And his summoned Bourbaki floats a few inches off the ground, making him immune to this particular form of attack. Since Thorne had asked a question, it was his role to answer. Answers: "I am he who answers, guardian of the Gates. There is no desire, there is no protection. There is only duty." Bourbaki provides a more direct answer, striking its staff against the ground before waving it at Thorne, aiming a blast of lightning at the boy Meanwhile, Answers turns to Muse, who it had previously become acquainted with. Answers: "Thy thirst for destruction knows no bounds. If thou seekst nothing more than to destroy, then I shall provide thee with fuel for thy fire." As before, Answers howls, a roar that reaches the very depths of the underworld, opening a dark space beneath the creature. From this space emerge three humanoid creatures, shadows that most closely resemble a desiccated body. The three ghouls take a moment to adjust to their new location Unfortunately for Sumeragi, by now Questions is no more than a hollow shell, empty of anger, sorrow, happiness, left only with duty. So attempting to draw its wrath is largely fruitless. Still, at least it wouldn't target Kazuo anymore. Since Sumeragi is the closest target, the massive hound aims a swipe of its razor-sharp claws at the teacher, shortly after her weapon struck off its chain. Questions: "What is thy desire? If thou seekst nothing more than to guard thine companions, then why dost thou not leave? Our duty is none of thy concern." Summary Kazuo: no longer chained Questions: Sharp Swipe at Sumeragi (heavy phys) Answers: Summons 3 ghouls Bourbaki: Ziodyne at Thorne Ghouls 1, 2, and 3: recovering Naturally, this is the scene that the cat would see upon returning to the main room.
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Sen: "Now you're just projecting. I've already told you there's nothing between us. Just give it up already." Sen is somewhat indignant at Sana's comments, but the accusation doesn't seem to strike home, and the shadow barely notices the mist, as they are instead forced to focus on Chie. Chie's first kick is met by the flat of the Shadow's blade as the knight shoves them off, effectively putting a stop to the barrage by throwing Chie a fair distance away. It probably wouldn't hurt, but this gives it the time to parry her persona's blows after the first few cut a short distance into Shadow Sen's armor. They don't even need to turn around to accurately predict the arc of and deflect Haraedo-no-Okami's blows. Almost as if the monster is used to fighting surrounded. Shadow Sen: "Its fine. It doesn't matter how many I kill." Finally, the creature brings up both of its blades to meet Chie's final blow, its feet dragging in the dirt as it blocks this final, lightning quick blow, escaping the barrage with little more than scratches on its armor. Shadow: "Their mere presence is a crime, and criminals must be punished." Sen's Shadow brings their hands together, its two blades meeting back to back, before it unleashes a spinning slash whose force reverberates throughout the battlefield, clearing away the mist that had gathered around it. While Sen's perch on the defendant's bench is safe, anyone who had descended is at risk of being caught up in the slash. Once its finished, the Shadow notices what Asami and Kalib had done. While it was too late to stop the healing, it is still able to revise the rules in answer to Asami. Shadow Sen: "It does now. Since healing is too much of a nuisance, its banned now too." Sen: "You're not even going to make an excuse?" SS: "If you don't like it, then just find a higher authority to appeal to. Its not hard." Summary Shadow Sen Passive - Duelist's Stance. Deflects the first physical attack aimed at it each round, minimizing damage. Shadow Sen: Heat Wave - Heavy Phys to any foe on ground level. Rules update: Complete list No summons No Elemental attacks (basically phys only) No more than one combatant may attack the same target and now no healing. It doesn't get much more biased than this....
-MUSE-

Hmm. I see. So you do fly. Alright then. I can deal with that. *MUSE lifts the hefty axe out of the ground and begins spinning, at first on her own and soon by the axes momentum. A staticy twister forms around her, soon frowing fiercer. MUSE then stops, swining her axe in a golf club like motion, sending the twister at her opponents, passing through the all until it crashes into the door, disipating with no scratch to it's surrounding though her foes would feel the pain. While those grounded would feel out of breath from a heavy gust passing through them, those in the air would be more affected by the attack due to being more reliant on the air around them remaining steady.* Wild winds make birds crash. That's the power of science, bitch. MUSE: Cyclone (Medium Wind damage to all foes. Foes in the air take Severe Wind damage instead.)
Chie growls heavily at this nonsense, it's getting old. And she's left on the defenseive for the moment, blocking the wave of force rushing at her by putting both her persona's blades in front of herself. It still deals some damage, but far less than it otherwise would if she had simply tried to power through. But upon hearing their foe's last words, something clicks in Chie's head and she just grins widely while shouting over at Sen. "Hey! A higher authority here is probably you! In the end this place exists because of your thoughts and hidden feelings, that Shadow is just a manifestion of things you can't accept Sen, a mere piece of yourself! So it stands to reason that you're the true owner of this place! Just try and get rid of some of this crap!" With any luck that guess is right, and the girl will actually be able to do something about these stupid rules. That would make things far easier, but for the moment Chie simply stays on the defensive and prepares to try and dodge whatever may come her way next. If she's wrong about it well, they'll have to figure something else out entirely...
_Sana

"Projecting onto what? Another nobody that just so happens to have a name? I don't think you understand: You have no say in something that's inevitable. It's already happening between you two anyway, whether you think so or not. Why else would he come here? To fuel his ego? To go on a stupid little adventure?" {Though getting hurt is very annoying, the papercut reminded her that she inserted herself where a shadow is currently being an annoyance. Sana picks up her spork and lets it catch some air, scooping up a smidge of gas before throwing it to where Sen's defendant bench is, stabbing into the ground almost near Sen. In order to avoid the slash, she decides to warp in the space the spork pierced.} "There's no way he'd be able to learn anything by coming here, nor would he be able to absorb that knowledge seeing as how he was so idiotic whenever you were in mind. So when you decide to face this boring, snobby rule-bender that you decide to call your own self, you can decide to talk to him. But for now, your shadow is dragging out this process." {Sana glances away from Sen, hearing Chie shout at the defender in question. Even though Sana wants no cops in her lives and for this one to forget about her, she still decides to get near the perch of the defendant's bench. Without shouting back, she still responds to Chie with a single line that Chie can clearly hear, since the rest of what she has is still for Sen herself.} "Look, thanks, but you didn't have to yell that. I'll go tell her now." "If you want answers, make this conflict end already. Otherwise, you can watch as even more people die for your sake, with no way of saving them. So you better get your brain flowing and follow Miss Police Officer's plan if you want to start pretending you're making a difference in the world."
Needless to say, the cat is overwhelmed by the chaos he returns to. The dogs are fighting, there’s even more monsters... the feline flattens his ears. It takes a few seconds for him to figure out the current state of things, but that time thinking lets him choose his next move more wisely. Zionga! With a yowl, his pendant glows a bright yellow and sparks fly out. A nolt of lightning erupts in an arc towards Answers. He keeps his distance in case the dog - or dogs - attempt to maul him. Which will probably happen. Fun.
[Being released from the chains, Kazuo falls backwards and hits the ground. From there, he would glare at their opponent.] "Of course. I'm going to have to get you out of the way." [Kazuo could tell how strong the previous two attacks done by Emi and Narukami were, but they barely did anything. Kazuo consider his options while on the ground. 10 blades; Field at level 1; Gears at 2. None of his usual four Chimera could do much, and the Inferno Chimera need at least two of those. However, he still had two other basic Chimera that could do something, even if they were unpleasant with their power.] "...I haven't used this one yet, but whatever happens, I can use its magic." [Kazuo would take a deep breath as he forces Doppel's hand behind him.] "Lawful Blades." [Doppel would open a vortex and grab on to handle of an irregular, heavy blade as it tries to pierce Kazuo's body from behind, while also dropping two more on top of his head. The blade could not penetrate however, and it instead falls behind him while the rest fall to the side, Doppel completely disappearing. Blades on the field become 13, the ones in Stock raise to a total of 4. The Vibration Field would be forced beyond its Level 3 limit, forcing all the impact to be released, but the moment the energy is released, Kazuo claps his hands together.] "Deep Transmigration!" [The vibrations released would focus and quickly grab on to 10 of the massive blades used, leaving behind only the one right behind Kazuo and the two small knives he created initially. Forcefully, they would all be forced together and would merge into an elongated figure that would coil itself around Kazuo's general area. Bizarre red markings would appear over Kazuo's skin as they join the main body, as many small and sharp legs erupt.] "I call upon your name, Bearer of the Mark. Manifestation of Blight, reward their senses! 2.34 – Deep Scourge Centipede!!" [The figure would reveal itself as a massive centipede with almost every single inch of its body made out of sharp metal, oozing a strange substance that would stick to the floor as it keeps a coiled position, the upper part of its body and its pincers being pressed against the ceiling, directing its general gaze at the enemies. It would open up its front cavity, releasing wave after wave of drool that would make its way towards both Question and Answer, corroding the surface it moves around. Upon closer inspection, it was clear the "liquid" was actually millions of small maggots that acted as a singular being, all individually smaller than ants. They would not only try to get all over the body of the enemy, but would also attempt to get inside their bodies in any possible way; Centipede's Salivating Maggots would try to corrode that shit they focus on, which would at best debilitate the target severely, and at worst completely consume them.] [Due to the Chimera's sheer size, it cannot move around.]
Yu would remain near the back of the group, still keeping his distance and watching the others act. Too many cooks in the kitchen and all. He'd simply summon the Persona back to his side as it seemed to open the scroll in its hands and begin reading in an unknown language. The large eye-like sphere in the center of its head would begin glowing as power began to build within.
Scáthach's provoking aura clearly had no effect on Questions considering the guard barely even seemed to acknowledge her existence at all. Sumeragi saw this and new quite well what was happening. "You know, it's quite shameful to ignore a knight's challenge. You might just cause more trouble than you thought." In response to Questions' swipe, Sumeragi was able to deflect some of the physical damage off of her, taking only a glancing cut to her arm thanks to a well-timed defensive swipe from her greatsword. "Then we'll just have to focus on the offensive! Scáthach! Bloodspiller!!!" Scáthach's blade goes from pointing towards the guards in a challenging stance to being raised in a much more offensive manner. Any attacks against the persona during this time would be near impossible to mitigate or defend against, however the twisted knight would become that much more powerful, its physical attacks doing much more damage than before. In a savage leap towards Questions, Scáthach attempts to cleave the guard with the incredible weight of its oversized greatsword, causing colossal physical damage should the attack succeed.
Kalib throws up his arms to block the incoming attack just in time. The bandages he just applied would fall to the floor along with some more of that dark liquid. "Tch. Honestly? How up your own ass can you be? You law types just loves putting on a show. No summoning, no healing." Kalib starts hopping left to right, getting limber. "Christ. No nothing, really. And what do you have to show for it?" He cracks his knuckles and steps towards the shadow. "I know I've got basically fuck all to show for my endeavors. But I've played the hero for this long, and you've certainly drawn out more than a little bit of my annoyance. So I'm gonna keep blowing off steam until you either kill your original or get turned into a card? Mask? Doesn't matter." A: "You've got me boss!" "Again. Doesn't matter." Using what little bit of buffing magics he had, Kalib would launch into a flurry of blows against the shadow. Left, right, right, left, straight. Five strikes in total.
Sunna

Asami crosses her arms in front of her, resisting the impact of the attack by exerting force on the ground behind her. She would begin to sweat, the extended fighting begining to wear on her. Rather than let the exhaustion get to her, she growls at the Shadow, clenching her fists as she focuses on increasing the intensity of her corona to the level where any entity that could see her would instinctually close their eyes or look away making the girl an unfeasible target, lest they risk burning their eyes and missing anyway. "I agree with Chie. Not much we can do in this situation." While a direct attack could prove effective if enough effort was put into it, the clash between Chie and the Shadow proved that to be a fruitless endeavor. Instead, Asami elects to wait out the Shadow's technique and spears her staff at it full throtle after it finishes countering Kalib. The end would be as sharp as any other common blade, serving to prod the target.
Then the butterflies gathered around every enemy mostly Bourbaki and started to merge each other, making an iced cube for each icy butterflies, some parts are frozen for each enemy (ooc: it is up to owner to describe in which part are frozen), except Bourbaki is completely frozen, as Thorne threw ice spikes to Bourbaki as for the ice from Bourbaki started to break as if it is a cube of ice being broke. "everyone hurry! You need to break the ice on these ones I put!" thorne shouted to everyond while he prepared his ice spikes to answer, his both hands are shaking, that made him to mishot the target, the ice spike he threw float to the ceiling and broke, at that moment, thorne realized that his ability can't last too long when he noticed his wings started to shrink "shoot--" "HURRY---THE ICE WILL MELT" he shouts as loud as he could, this was a result of him because he is still inexperienced for handling this ice magic too because this effect will be lasted in a few seconds by now.
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

I suppose Yu is correct in his observation that the room's gotten a bit too crowded. Not to put any blame on you Thorne, it was really too large regardless. Guess the little sign joke backfired a bit huh? So then, lets bring this scene to its resolution. Fortunately for Thorne, ice is the only magic type the Thunder-wielding Bourbaki doesn't resist. They weren't too powerful after all, the caster is frozen before being blasted against the wall and shattered. The Ghouls surrounding Answer didn't fare much better, though they weren't frozen solid, they weren't likely to go anywhere either. This, of course, leaves them perfectly vulnerable. Answers itself, however, received little more than a coating of frost on top of his nigh-impenetrable armor. The cat's thunder combines with Muse's wind on its way towards Answers, electrifying the very air. Answers is buffeted by wind, with lightning coursing through its body, yet it doesn't seem to respond to those either. There is no anger, there is no sorrow nor desire. There is only duty. The Ghouls, however, aren't nearly as lucky. Unable to move, they can't defend themselves either as Kazuo's swarm of maggots devours them... Well alive isn't a good word for it, but whole if nothing else. The shadows fade away into the darkness from whence they came. These maggots also get beneath the armor of Questions. Though he doesn't seem to notice them, they're able to gradually wear away at his armor. Questions rears up, preparing to meet Scathach's blow with a bite of its own, but in its weakened state they're no match for the Persona, whose blade pierces through the guardian's mouth and shatters its metallic mask, and causing the creature to disippate into a red mist. Seeing what happened to its companion, Answers wasn't inclined to stick around. Answers: "Know this, the answers you seek may not be the answer you desire." Before letting out a fierce howl, a roar that pushes the wave of maggots away from him and opens another abyssal portal. Rather than something coming out, Answers dives into it, leaving the group with its ominous final words. Battle, over.
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Shadow Sen: "Its funny, you're starting to remind me a bit of my partner." Kalib's first blow is met by the flat of the Shadow's blade, before being redirected to the side and leaving him stumbling while the shadow jumps away, back out of his reach once more. Shadow: "Kokoro never hit anyone like that either." on the other end of the room, Sen looks over at her left arm, a point Asami might remember bears a lion mark similar to the one on her Shadow's cape. Sana's words hurt, but they weren't entirely wrong. Perhaps it was just how they said it, but it was more infuriating than anything. Hopefully Chie was right, but regardless she couldn't stand by any longer. Sen lets out a loud sigh before stepping up onto her platform. Sen: "First off, there's nothing between us. Second, I really can't stand by. You're making a mockery of the system my father protects and everything it stands for." Shadow: "Is that really the worst thing you can say about me? You're the defendant here. You're powerless." Sen: "You threw out protection back when you started manipulating the rules for your convenience." Sen: "Socrates!" Sen jumps down onto the dirty courtroom floor with a thud, before drawing her hand over her right shoulder. With a burst of light the girl has transformed, wearing a dark outfit that resembled a school uniform with a short cape covering her left shoulder, her right arm revealed and bearing the lion symbol, an ensemble that Asami would likely remember. Sen: "Lets start with this, its not reasonable to keep them from attacking you yet you can attack whoever you like. In fact, this entire time you've been dodging and deflecting questions instead of answering them, so how about we put a stop to that?" Summary Sen Megumiba has joined. Rules in effect - no magic no healing no summoning No guarding/dodging.
"That's it...!" [Centipede remained coiled around the general area of Kazuo, unable to move, even celebrate the fact it turned out to be useful.] "Omukade, you're disgusting..." [But that's exactly what made the fifth Chimera so cool to him. With not much else to do, Kazuo would clap his hands together and immediately Return Centipede's demonic spirit back inside his body; the metallic body that was created before going back to nothing. With Answer's final words, the young man considers what it tried to say.] "What you seek may not be what you desire, huh...?" [Suddenly, Kazuo would feel slow. Without knowing why, he would keep a blank stare at nothing at all, taken by a sense of guilt and sadness, with no origin he could recall. After a few moments, he would go back to his senses and instead focus on the rest of the group.] "We did well, all things considered...Hmmm..." [The door was right there. Blue markings would appear over Kazuo's right hand as the Sleeping Glove appears once more.] "Whatever is happening on the other side, I'm pretty sure I could bring out a Chimera in a single move if necessary. At least Serpent, but...AGH! I don't care! I can't just stand here any longer!" [Kazuo would scratch his head with both hands, mistakenly poking it with the right's sharp claws. Knowing he almost committed suicide, he shakes his head and rushes at the door of the court, looking to waste no more time and force the things open.]
“Mrra...” The cat has to agree with Kazuo: that was disgusting. Even the deaths he’d seen weren’t that horrible. The kitten stretches then pads after Kazuo. I hope the others are okay in there. But this kid’s worrying him too. He rubs his head against Kazuo’s leg. He’s done this to comfort the little lady back home before.
_Sana

{She laughs to herself as Sen denies it once more, yet raising an eyebrow at the girl from her own defendant bench as she decides to transform and fight the shadow's rules here and now...Now? Really?} "Are you serious? You could've done that all this time? Ugh, whatever. Better late than never...no, of course not. This is still way too late." {Sana chuckles and looks over the platform, putting a hand on her cheek in boredom. Her eyes take a glance to where the door is. She yawns, speaking out to herself in hopes nobody else would hear her...except for the boy that's trying to come into the courtroom as of this very moment.} "Either way, mission accomplished. I get my fifth excuse to do absolutely nothing. Hooray, time to keep track of the door for absolutely no reason. With any luck, that idiot will bust in here any second if he isn't a weakling."
Ooc: I forgot to add the first part of the last post, i really screwed it up, I just woke up realizing that.
(edited by Thorne-yuriev)
Scáthach slams her blade into the floor, a gust of steam erupting from her mouth like a machine letting out exhaust. Not long afterwards, the Persona disappeared, with Sumeragi clutching her forehead and letting out a pained groan, even staggering and using her sword as support. "Shit..! I need to reel it back... " She gives Answers a fierce glare as it leaves, clicking her tongue in disapproval. She steps towards the doors to the courthouse, taking a moment to collect herself before preparing for another potential battle. "Do you think what those things said actually means anything? I really can't tell if they're trying to mess with our head or warn us."
Chie grins wildly and flashes Sen a thumbs up for just a moment, but it doesn't take her long to refocus on the battle with a renewed wrath towards the Shadow that's now left defenseless. So is she, but that can be worked around to an extent, with enough overwhelming force they should be able to keep it off balance... Though that plan may suffer if they can't gang up, but whatever! Her Persona would appear in an instant as the officer's gun begins blazing, bullets rushing towards the shadow's face and eyes most of all in a blur that will hopefully blind their foe. Blind her enough for Haraedo-no-Okami to rush in with inhuman speed and begin slicing away at the thing's left arm, a trio of slashes each aimed right there and hoping to cut the damn thing off entirely to limit its fighting power with those swords. "Welp, this seems as good a time as any to press my attack don't ya think! I'd hate to miss a chance like the enemy not having any defense after all!"
After this battle, the tome that was flying around closed and dropped to the ground, the light blue crystal attached to the book became colorless, after the butterfly wings that thorne had shrank and disappeared, and now everything is over, he dropped his knees to the ground and then sat, the thing he used made him really feel fatigued, the battle's over right now, he had close his eyes to inhale and exhale, then he opened his eyes and picked up his tome that it dropped itself, he is unable to open it because of what he used, he thought the enemy he was against is really strong. "it is finally over then..." he stood up bearly. With the answer's last words, does it mean that the key portal isn't here then? He isn't sure of what did they mean by that "you don't know what did they mean, 'the one who answers' I mean" after following up what kazuo and emi said he lifts his head down and continues "does this 'world' also read what are our wishes deep inside our hearts then? That's what I am thinking..." he adjusts his academic cap thinking all about this, remembering what did this black dressed woman explain what's going on and what's with this 'sen' girl too.
-MUSE-

*MUSE clicks her tongue as her axe vanishes into red pixels.* Tch. All bark and no bite. Lame. I wanted to play more. Oh well. *She glances back to the others.* So. What are we doing now then?
(edited by -MUSE-)
Sunna

Asami sighs and gives Sen a disapproving glare. "Way to go, the strategy which gave us the greatest odds at surviving is now invalidated." After scoffing and rolling her eyes, the girl quickly vanishes in a burst of speed, jumping around the arena with her staff in hand and scraping the side of the shadow with the side of the sun-shaped tip as she leaps besides the monster. Landing behind it, she then attempts to turn around and jab the end of the staff into its backside. "At this rate, I may have to just leave you guys for dead."
Yu would opt to stay behind for now. This wasn't necessarily his fight and there'd be more then enough people involved already. "I'll come running if there's any trouble. For now I think it's best if I keep an eye open out here."
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

As much fun as its been, with the charade over, it was about time for curtains to draw to a close on this show. So then. SS: "Little pests..." With all of their defensive options removed, Shadow Sen has little choice but to accept these attacks, though they raise their blade to deflect Chie's attack, the Shadow's arm is stopped in midair, and, unable to defend itself, sliced off, leaving a faint, murky substance to trickle out of its wound. Asami strikes the shadow while its recovering, causing it to trip forward a little from the force, but the shadow is able to recover, turning its near fall into a lunge, aiming to pierce Sen's heart with its remaining arm SS: "That just means I have to kill you first." Sen: "I was thinking the same thing. Socrates!" The Shadow's lunge is stopped by the appearance of a figure in dark, red armor. The spirit has no legs, instead floating a few inches off the ground, with its upper body covered in knight-like armor. Like its master, Socrates wields two swords. One of which slashes through the shadow's chest while the other aims for its helmet. With all of its options exhausted, Sen's shadow begins rapidly bleeding the same black substance, shrinking until its finally back to Sen's form.. Utterly defeated, kneeling on the ground Shadow Sen: "Not.. So soon.... I wasn't ready." Sen: "No one ever is." Sen steps towards her shadow with a sigh, looking down on her other self. She almost seems to pity the shadow.... But her pity soon turns to confusion as the Shadow begins to laugh. Sen: "What's so funny?" Shadow Sen: "I spent so much time deflecting we never got to the accusation. Isn't that what you're all here for?" The Shadow ignores her real self for the moment, looking towards the defense team, Kalib, Sana, Chie, and Asami. At the same time, Kazuo and the others proceed through the open doorway. Kazuo, Sumeragi, Thorne, and anyone else who followed them are able to witness Sen: "I still have no idea what you're talking about." Sen averts her gaze with a frown. An almost guilty appearance, perhaps. At least if one weren't used to her cold, almost emotionless gaze. Shadow Sen: "The murder of your classmate, Rei Ha-." The shadow doesn't get to finish its sentence before the real Sen drives her sword through it. Despite their best efforts, Sen's hand is visibly trembling as they pull the blade out, letting their shadow fade into nothingness once more.
It seems this little play has passed its climax. The cat watches the scene unfold in silence. His whiskers twitch. So this little lady is involved in a murder? Or is there more to this story? Wouldn’t be the first time I had to deal with a lady accused of an act like that. He stays close enough to listen, but far away enough to not draw attention. He has no place in this without a human tongue.
_Sana

"Wow, so she never was going to need nor obtain those childish "Personas" anyway. How embarrassing for that shadow. Just tossed to the side like yet another generic. I almost feel bad but their presence mocked mine so I don't actually care about them anymore." {As she sees all the others pour into the courtroom, the girl reminds herself of the only good part about this place. The drama that can kick in. Sana decides to spray her perfume in the middle of the Shadow's drivel and their death, making sure to keep her voice to a whisper as Sen does the deed.} "Come with me dumbass." {The girl latches onto Kazuo's arm immediately, grabbing it with a firm grip despite the sleeve of her jacket covering most of her hand. From thereon, she walks over to Sen, dragging the boy with her as she makes her way toward the girl. As the shadow dies, the girl notes the trembling of Sen's hand as she almost throws Kazuo in Sen's vicinity.} "I don't care about whatever stupid name your shadow was about to sputter out during it's oh so dramatic passing. But hopefully he cleared his ears to listen to that so he can at least remember whoever that was your shadow was talking about. Either way, I'm going to go look for an exit or something. Have fun." {Though she knew there might have been no point to search for one, the girl leaves the two alone anyway, walking away silently and back out the door from which everyone came from so she can get some fresh, non-courtroom air.}
"Aw, wild. I almost gave a shit for a second." Kalib stands to the side as the proceedings take place, however, the sudden revelation of a murder being the real accusation does cause him to raise a brow. "Oho? The plot thickens." With a snap of his fingers, Amou returns to his orb form and rolls over to Kalib. He stoops down and pockets it. He turns towards the door and makes his way over to Yu. "So? Did you have as much fun as we did?"
[Only quick enough to get there at the end. He didn't have a single issue in hearing what he Shadow was about to say, and it was very clear too, what just happened.] "Are you serious...?" [After what had happened with Madoka, he just assumed everyone would be able to come to terms with their own Shadow, but if it was about something like murder, could Sen really-] "He-Sana, wha-?" [Sana had suddenly appeared to force him down with the rest of them. He is not used to having someone even touch him, and the situation was confusing enough as it was. He didn't know what to think, but now that the Shadow is gone... Kazuo allows his Sleeping Glove to return to a regular human hand. Once there, Sana continues to talk crap as usual.] "Can't you read the room like ever, Sana? Just fuck off." [As soon as the girl goes away, he takes his gaze off her and instead focuses on Sen. She was wearing... interesting clothes, to say the least. With that sword and the looks of it, she had been fighting too, and given how Kokoro was her friend...] "So even you had all this going on. In retrospect... the signs were all there." [He shakes his head. This is hardly the best place to talk. Kazou would extend his arm and place his hand on her shoulder gently.] "C'mon Sen, let's go home. It's over."
Chie just... Stares blankly as the fight comes to a close so suddenly, she is frankly a bit stunned and kind of disappointed by it. The mention of a murder causes the cop to look a bit wary though, that's probably an over the top way to put it however because she knows better than most people how partial the truths behind Shadows usually are. "So... That's it then? We're done here, looks like. Yu knows how to get out, me too for that matter. This can be talked about later, the shadow world isn't a fun place to have chit chats despite how much I've done it." With that she'd begin exiting the room, looking over to Yu curiously as she leaves the door behind. "That was... Interesting I guess, somehow I half think this girl may not be done here. But I'd like to think she is, didn't seem to get a Persona though. Wouldn't shock me if she ended up here again..." The cop would drift off into quiet musing with that remark, a bit curious about the Shadow's accusation and concerned by the young woman possibly coming back somehow. No doubt the Shadow was speaking part nonsense, but there's always a small grain of truth in them somewhere...
Sunna

Asami nearly stops breathing upon this shocking revelation, nothing but adreneline allowing her to jolt in front of Sen in a flash, holding her staff in two hands and pointing the tip towards Sen. "Sen Megumiba, are you truly innocent? You should know, one of your associates already attempted to take Kazzie's life. It isn't an uncommon occurance for villains to commit heinous acts in the name of justice, either. Or did your own true self mean something different by murder?" Her grip around the staff tightened as she took a brief glance at Kazuo. "Even if I am the only one with a brain in this group, some answers wouldn't go amiss."
"Fun is relative in this case. I guess we might've picked the most difficult way." With that comment towards Kalib done he'd reply to Chie as well. This was rather tense even for somewhere in this world. I'm hoping we don't end up in a place like this again. Why was she even here in the first place? Think she threw herself in? Wait, that wouldn't make too much sense."
"Let's not ask these questions right now. What the shadow said is irrelevant to the task at hand, yes? We cleared the area and we can take Megumiba-chan home, that's all we were here for. I'm sure any questions we may have can wait." Despite dismissing the question of murder, her expression held a deep uncertainty. The shadow's words combined with the cryptic message of the guard they'd chased off was weighing on her conscience heavily. "That being said I'm impressed with everyone's efforts tonight! I didn't even know half of you and yet I bore witness to quite a lot of strength and willpower! I know who I'll call if I'm ever in trouble!" She stepped towards the trio of Kazuo, Sen, and Sana, individually trying to ruffle each of their hair in a reassuring manner. "You all were so incredibly strong tonight. I'm as proud as I could be. Now let's go home, okay? We can talk about all this some other time."
As Thorne entered this room, he saw two of the same faced girls, one with normal eyes, and one with yellow eyes who said things like 'murder', he Could tell that one of them is real and one is not but doesn't know which one. After the rest encountering with the real girl, who is 'sen', thorne sighs of relief, that maybe things are now good, for now, all that left to them is to find some way to leave while thorne going looking for the last key portal. He looked through his tome again as he saw the colorless crystal is become bright a little bit. Thorne doesn't know of what happened here or what murder, but all that to it, this girl isn't in danger it seems. "so is everything is over to call it a day?" thorne asked to everyone, blindfolded of what's going on.
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

Sen doesn't say anything for a few seconds, instead staring at her hand, tuned out of the world until Kazuo finally lays a hand on her, snapping her out of her stupor. Sen steps away, brushing off Kazuo's hand "Thank you for your concern Sumeragi-sensei. But I can get home on my own." Paying no heed to any one else's questioning of her, Sen turns back towards the entrance and runs off. Though her exit point is the same as everyone else's entry, they would all return to the place they entered this world from. For most of our participants that of course means the electronic store, but for Sen at least, it was her very own home. It didn't seem like they were going to get any meaningful answers from her today. Now all that's left is to let everyone bid their farewells, and once the show is finished moving, I'll pull the curtains shot once more.
A young lady, a courthouse, and a murder connecting them. The cat stores this information in the back of his mind, but he doubts he can do much with it. All that matters is that everyone is safe. Once he's out of the TV, he leaves silently. He'll be heading back home. What farewells can he give besides a purr and flick of the tail? That concludes one investigation in this strange world.
[As Sen goes away, Kazuo stares at her and then at his own hand.] "I guess I got what I came here for. School just keeps getting weirder, I swear." [After his sad, awful attempt at a joke-ish remark to keep his own spirits up, the young man goes straight towards the exit. There's a lot he feels he needs to talk to her about. He has her number and could ask her to speak privately or just catch her at school. But if he did that, would she really say anything...? He doubts it, at least that it will be easy. He would not stop until reaching the electronics store. Stretching in place, right in front of the screen, he would hurry back home.] "She's not trapped inside the TV, at least..." [He was unable to help her at all. But if she was safe regardless, then he could try to sleep.]
_Sana

"How original. Why read the room when you can leave it, shithead? There isn't anything else to do besides mope around." {The girl merely blushes slightly and glances away from the teacher who is still being nice to her, making sure to ignore it and just play with her own hair that was already ruffled and messy to begin with. As Sana finds herself back in the electronics store, she scoffs as she sees everyone she forgot about, immediately making a turn for the exit of the building.} "Thanks Miss Sumeragi, but I am thoroughly disappointed in myself staying up for this. I'm going home now. Bye." {She stretches her arms out a little bit to put her hands in her coat, proceeding to put the hood over her head, walking away with her hands in her pockets. If anyone else were to try and glance at her, she'd merely disappear.}
She let out a soft sigh as everyone started to depart. Despite how relieved she was to see all her students safe, she had no closure whatsoever. She'd slowly step out of the TV, rubbing her eyes as the exhaustion started to kick in. "Those kids... they've been through so much at their age." With a languid trudge, she leaves the electronic store, taking a rather slow drive back home. Despite how tired her body was, however, she'd barely even be able to get a wink of sleep, thinking entirely about what had transpired.
Chie would just look around the store and sigh slightly, she needs some sleep. It wasn't by any means the toughest fight she's ever been in. But somehow she thinks they haven't seen the last of this girl at all. For the moment however, she'd simply yawn and begin heading out from the building. "Well then, seems as though we're done for now. I wasn't expecting to spend my night fighting in the shadow world but at least we're all alive, so good work everyone. Guess I should pick up my more intense training again if people can get into that place so easily now... Anyway, I'm a little worn out so see you later." With that thought in mind she'd get into her car, driving off into the night mere moments later and soon enough being gone from everyone's sight after a final wave towards the group.
Sunna

Asami would not leave but instead wander around the store. She would take a glance out the window and tremble, fidgeting nervously. "Aren't police supposed to offer to take kids home? Gee, it's so late, I can't..." She sniffles, getting on her knees and waiting for someone to help her.
Looks like this place doesn't have any key portals here either, thorne doesn't have anything to do here since this place feels limited right now, regardless, everything is solved peacefully and maybe no one is hurt, despite he came late not realizing what's going on, speaking of which... "I wonder what did they mean by 'girl friend' at that time... Maybe is something close to 'wife' and as a friend... Maybe a fiancé I assume?" Either way, it doesn't matter right now, what's done here is done, and the key portal isn't here either, he sighs of disappointment. "guess this place is limited then..." he looked around with his head. "well then, I'll leave ahead right now" thorne nods, he headed to the TV screen he last arrived there to go back to the same place from where he discovered to the TV in an abandoned shop.
Ally_of_justice
Thread Creator

and so the curtains close upon an act acted through. But of course, no act would be possible without its conductors behind the scenes. Thus, dear audience, I invite you for a peek behind the curtain. Somewhere within the realm of Purgatory, a demon dressed in white lets out a hefty sigh. Demon in white: "I trust thy entertainment is finished Pheles?" As the demon speaks, a familiar girl dressed in black materializes near her. It was their preferred form of travel, and who wouldn't? With the ability to switch between planes effortlessly. Pheles lets out a low chuckle, a loathsome characteristic of hers. Pheles: "You don't have to sound so disappointed Mephis. I offered to let ya come." Mephis: "Someone has to keep Purgatory from falling apart, especially with thy insistence on taking Therion." Pheles: "He hasn't gone on a walk in forever. Besides, they're... The right amount of disturbing..... Hehehehe..." Mephis: "That aside, did everything go according to plan?" Pheles: "Aww.. Do you really have that little faith in me? Sen's running, but she can't hide who she really is anymore. I found some really cute toys too... Hehehe. Too bad the boy seems to be taken." Mephis: "Anything else?" Pheles: "Well... Lets see... Ah yes, I think that stuffy old lady Izanmi might have caught on to our little trick near the end." Mephis: *sigh* "Subtlety never has been a strength of yours. So long as no offense is taken we can proceed as planned." The curtains close once more, the pair laughing in self-satisfaction. It would be some time before the next act began, yet all the same it would inevitably come all too soon...
Go to page
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
Forgot password?